E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Arrow ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***

The information of my available services in my old vendor/sponsor threads are a bit outdated. This new thread includes revised up to date information on what I currently offer. Link to old thread:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...981&highlight=

WannabeRacer.com
Facebook Page - Gallery

E-mail: Don@WannabeRacer.com

Vinyl Materials / DIY:
- Pre cut vinyl (IE: Pre cut roof, window trim pieces, tail lights, etc)
If you are interested in me developing pre cut pieces for your car to make your DIY installations easier, I would need a minimum group of 5-10 people interested in the same pre cut materials. Contact me at Don@WannabeRacer.com for more information.
- Custom cut stickers / decals
- Vinyl sheets and rolls
- DIY materials and instructions
- Group buys

Installation Services:
- Gloss and matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Carbon fiber vinyl wraps
- Black out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim vinyl
- Interior and exterior trim
- Head / tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Graphic / vinyl installations
Gloss and Matte Black Roofs:

3M Carbon fiber Vinyl Roof Wraps:

Blacked Out Window Trim:

Tinted Head and Tail Lights:

Interior Vinyl Wrapping:

Misc Vinyl Wrap Requests:

Plasti Dip:

WannabeRacer.com

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in getting some work done.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 04-04-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Overview:
- Plasti dip rear badges

This is not a BMW, but I had several people ask me for some more detailed or close up pictures of my plasti dip work and I happen to already have these resized and ready to go. The owner of this white Audi A6 sedan came by my shop in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the plasti dip work done, along with getting his roof wrapped and chrome window trim blacked out. Since he was blacking out everything else, blacking out the chrome badges made everything flow together fairly well.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Overview:
- Smoked / tinted head lights
- Smoked / tinted tail lights
- Blacked out front lower bumper chrome trim
- Gloss black roof wrap

For this white Mercedes Benz S63 Coupe, we decided to go with gloss black on the front lower bumper chrome trim and also the roof to essentially give the it a complete black out look on the front and also to give the roof a more finished look by wrapping the small section in the back in gloss black. In addition to those two items, we also lightly tinted and smoked out the head lights and tail lights on the car. You may notice that in different lighting, the tinted lights may appear lighter or darker. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Irvine to get the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

I lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights on this black Audi S5 coupe. I tried to take pictures of the tail lights at various angles and lighting, to help give you guys a better idea of how the tint film changes depending on how the light is hitting it. The light shade gives the car a fairly factory / OEM look still, but a nice noticeable change in overall look of the car. The film that I use is designed to mimic the look of how some cars come from the factory with already slightly darker tail lights nowadays. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Pasadena to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
Any more pics of the 964 stickers?
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I don't have the pictures on me right now, but I'll get some over the weekend. I actually made those for some fellow 964 club guys on a facebook group.

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim
- Gloss black partial front grill
- Gloss black lower bumper lights
- Gloss black amber side bumper reflectors

Blacking out the chrome window trim or most chrome pieces in general, changes the look of the car quite dramatically, in my opinion. It's ok to have a little bit of chrome, to provide some contrast, but cleaning up the majority of the chrome around the car really cleans up the lines of the car and makes it look more aggressive as well. The owner of this car had me wrap his window trim, front grill surround, lower fog lights and amber bumper reflectors in my gloss black vinyl material. He came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Cerritos to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-14-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #7
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
I don't have the pictures on me right now, but I'll get some over the weekend. I actually made those for some fellow 964 club guys on a facebook group.
Friend has a 964 America Roadster and was starting a 964 club locally

Last edited by king kong; 05-17-2016 at 09:59 AM.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #8
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Overview:
- Tinted / Smoked vinyl wrapped head lights
- Plasti dip matte black front grill
- 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber lower center bumper lip

For this black Audi S5 coupe, I lightly smoked / tinted the head lights, wrapped the lower center bumper lip in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber, and I plasti dipped the entire grill in a matte black finish. We did keep the chrome rings on the front and also the S5 badge in the grill their original finish/colors. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hils / Orange County from San Diego to get the vinyl and plasti dip work done. People are sometimes worried that the tint on head lights will reduce light out put, but the shade is fairly light, so that the light output is essentially unaffected. The additional benefit of wrapping the head lights is the protection they provide from rock chips and also helps prevent it from fading/oxidizing.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-21-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Gloss black trunk bar

I always enjoy how a simple thing such as a gloss black roof wrap and blacking out the chrome on a car can completely change the look of the car, but still retain an OEM / factory look and not look aftermarket or overly modified. For this white Mercedes Benz C63 sedan, we went with a gloss black roof to give it the panoramic roof look and also gloss black on the chrome window trim pieces to match, similar to what Mercedes also offers from the factory on some newer models as well now. the owner of this car was from San Diego and came up to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com