E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Carlman

My Ride: 2005 325i Stock
Turning off seatbelt chime

Is there any way to disable or turn off the chiming or beeping reminder to fasten your seatbelt?

I have turned it off with a sequence of ignition switching in another car (Toyota) but haven't found anything about it for BMW. I'd prefer not to hear it.

Before I get flamed by the seatbelt fanatics... I feel confident in my abilities to fasten it but my habit is to buckle up after I start the car instead of before... So, I really don't need the beeping...

I would greatly appreciate the sequence if anyone has it.

Thanks.
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Mike Benvo
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Dinan E60 ///M5
Send a message via AIM to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlman
Is there any way to disable or turn off the chiming or beeping reminder to fasten your seatbelt?

I have turned it off with a sequence of ignition switching in another car (Toyota) but haven't found anything about it for BMW. I'd prefer not to hear it.

Before I get flamed by the seatbelt fanatics... I feel confident in my abilities to fasten it but my habit is to buckle up after I start the car instead of before... So, I really don't need the beeping...

I would greatly appreciate the sequence if anyone has it.

Thanks.
Haha. I didn't even know it beeped because of the seatbelt being off.

Mike Benvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:56 AM   #3
tommiexboi

My Ride: 328i > 335i > M3 cab
Send a message via AIM to tommiexboi
the hell bmw's do that? lol

[SOLD] "The OG M Parallel Master" =) ------------------------- [New] 2008 E90 335i "White Monster"

New Pictures 5/22
Window Regulator Write-up (DIY)
tommiexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
my dads benz dus that ****. even when the passanger is seatbeltless. killer annoying. to be completely honest though. i can drive w/o it on. with my spirited driving, id be all over the cabin w/o it on.

but its up to u. maybe one of the chips has that as a feature? benz offered to turn the chime off for my dad at the cost of 140 bucks . maybe BMW does the same. Good luck.-REed
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Carlman

My Ride: 2005 325i Stock
I can't decipher any relevant information from the last few posts. Maybe I wasn't clear in my question...?

When I get into my car, turn the key, and start the engine, there is beeping. I'd like it to not beep. Does anyone know how to disable the beeping when the car is first started?

Every car I've owned does this because I put my seatbelt on after the engine starts. Some cars have a way to turn off the beep or chime. I was hoping to find out if BMW has this option.

-C
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
Mike Benvo
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Dinan E60 ///M5
Send a message via AIM to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlman
I can't decipher any relevant information from the last few posts. Maybe I wasn't clear in my question...?

When I get into my car, turn the key, and start the engine, there is beeping. I'd like it to not beep. Does anyone know how to disable the beeping when the car is first started?

Every car I've owned does this because I put my seatbelt on after the engine starts. Some cars have a way to turn off the beep or chime. I was hoping to find out if BMW has this option.

-C
I think you are SOL my friend... I'm not sure though. I think the beeping is annoying also, but thought it was because the lights were left on or something.
Mike Benvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Bavaryan

My Ride: 330i w/out park.
Mine does NOT chime, and i'd like it to. Sometimes I get halfway where i'm going and realize i've forgotten to put it on. Sport seats hold on so tight I don't even notice it not being on, it is, in fact, a problem.

Any idea how to get it to chime on an 02?? I'd also like to reactivate my DRLs, but as I understand it that is a dealership run.
Bavaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Mission2164

My Ride: BMW 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlman View Post
I think this specific beeping you are referring to is due to the temperature when it drops below 36 degrees the car is warning you there may be ice on the road.

If it's not cold where you live then I'm not sure what beeping your referring to.
Mission2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
El Polo

My Ride: 99 black 328i
US/Canada specs car beep all the time. BMW had to follow regulations...
That said, there is a way to play with the parameters if you know how to recode your car.
My next project...
El Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
sleepyfu

My Ride: 2002 330xi
E30 I used to own doesn't beep at anything, doesn't need clutch in to start.
My Subaru beeped and needed clutch in to start, a simple seat belt latch/unlatch sequence took care of the beeps,
including the key in beeps. Now it beeps at nothing,
and a wire jumper took care of the clutch.
I am sure the E46 can have the clutch bypassed by a jumper,
but as for the beeping, the only real DIY solution I saw is to desolder the piezo in the dash.
I FCKING HATE THE BEEPING!!!!! stupid USDM regulation bull ****.

To be clear, just as everyone else here asking to disable to chime is not to not wear seat belt, and even if some one wants drive w/out a seat belt, that's their business, I don't care. I simply don't need my car to beep at me for stupid sh1t

Last edited by sleepyfu; 10-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
sleepyfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Kmoy2002

My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
This may help. Disabling the sensor may solve your beeping issue

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=935613
Kmoy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote