E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #21
CNi2i

My Ride: '09 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecougar
not all facelifted coupes come with clear tails, there are amber LED tails too
True that. Non-sport facelifted coupes don't come with clear taillights.
CNi2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #22
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer
Any pictures of a headlight with the amber reflectors spray tinted?

I may do that when I finally get around to baking my headlight open again...
Here's one we did for a Scion tC -
Click on the image for a full size. The actual reflector was orange, we sprayed it black. In the sun, you can faintly see the orange, and when the light hits it you can see it as well.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #23
JCz04Bimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci & 06 Z4MC
Send a message via AIM to JCz04Bimmer
I once did the tint mod to my REAR leds backj in the day when those were orange. Cound just barely see the orange in the right light. Onlu thing I'm additionally worried about is how visible the blinker will be. The rears weren't so much a problem b/c there are so many LEDs to be seen. Up front, howerever I have just single cluster of like 15 LEDs. Hmm...

JCz04Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #24
F150bmw

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Considering we bake over 30 headlights a month with no problems, it's safe to assume we might have some expertise on this.

Baking them open is a piece of cake, 20 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees they'll peel open like an english muffin.

This is for Eric BMW - because sarcasm is a beautiful thing - while you're in the headlight, you might as well install our 2004 Coupe Angel Eyes
I'm sorry, did I claim that you or anyone else didn't have expertise? I don't recall anyone telling how the procedure was done prior to my posting, so I did an experiment and posted the results.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:31 PM   #25
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150bmw
I'm sorry, did I claim that you or anyone else didn't have expertise? I don't recall anyone telling how the procedure was done prior to my posting, so I did an experiment and posted the results.
You weren't quoted were you? If not, then there's no issue is there? ok then, moving on
Old 01-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #26
edco

My Ride: 2004 325cic 2006 X5
Any updates to this thread..?

Greetings,

I've just purchased an 04 325Ci Vert, and love everything about the car except those UGLY amber corners..So I've been doing the search routine, and discovered this year and a half old thread.

Seems like there are (were) 3 options for a car like mine looking for clear corners

1) Take out the headlamps, bake them until the glue softens and paint the reflectors

2) Buy both entire assemblies. But I did search the JLevi, Umnitza and Becker sites, and did not find any. Even eBay only seems to have these OUTRAGEOUSLY priced headlamp assembly, which are also adaptive BiXenons.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6022%26fvi%3D1

3) Learn to live with amber corners

Just wondering if there are any other choices since the last post in this thread

Thanks

ED in Metuchen, NJ
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #27
JCz04Bimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci & 06 Z4MC
Send a message via AIM to JCz04Bimmer
Bake them apart and just remove the orange plastic reflector piece. Its separate from the actual housing itself and when removed just reveals a plastic "chrome" finish. It doesn't look fantastic or as clean as the OEM clears but it certainly doesn't look bad. Search for "LakeShow" he has a SICK car and he's gone this route. Looks fine.

JCz04Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote