E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #61
einfahrt
SLOW ACS

My Ride: 02 325iT; 06.5 GTI
[QUOTE=JCsE46]That website is all german language. I think I know which one but I'm kind of leary to order it. And beside if I click the "place on the Cart" (I think because it's german), nothing happened. Is there a link that translate it to english?

http://www.kfz-kabelbaum.de/assets/s...-kabelbaum.de/

This is the wire that you need. You will need to order two of them unless you want to make one yourself like they are doing. Once you chose how many wires you want click "In den Warenkorb". This will just add it to a "Basket" for you. When you are finished shopping, on the left side of the screen you will see"Zur Kasse Gehen". After that it looks like they will only ship to Euorpean countries. VERSANDARTEN is just asking how you want them to ship it. The first two are just inside Germany and the last one is for Europe. Hope this helps. If you need the wires that bad and are willing to wait for two weeks I can order them for people.
einfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:11 AM   #62
JCsE46
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

My Ride: 03 E46 JB, 08 MBE350
Send a message via AIM to JCsE46 Send a message via MSN to JCsE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo1961
Tried to reply once so apologies if this comes through twice - there is a retro-fit kit vailable in the UK for bi-xenon lights and there is a wiring harness listed part # 61-12-9-416-517 'wiring set xenon light'. The level sensors, brackets etc. are listed as part of the same kit so I suspect this is the harness that connects the auto-level sensors to the LCM, don't know if this part is available in the states though, price here in the UK for this harness is 13.70 plus the dreaded vat. Regarding your other point on changing the LCM the retrofit instructions for europe include changing the LCM. I hope this is not the case as I've just had my car recoded for xenons with some advice from you everything works fine but this has disabled the manual electronic height adjust that's available over here. The service tech. did say that there was a fault in the car's memory after recoding 'open circuit on headlight level system'
Thanks for that part number kit but I've search and it seems that kit is not available here in the US. If anyone reading this, correct me if I'm wrong. If what you've said is true regarding the LCM, I would be very disappointed. I'm just hoping for the best for these two guys on being successful in connecting the wire through their LCM and I hope it will work. And for the advise, I gave you, this is what the E46fanatics is all about. Helping one fanatic to another.

Last edited by JCsE46; 07-16-2005 at 12:16 AM.
JCsE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:15 AM   #63
JCsE46

[QUOTE=einfahrt]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsE46
That website is all german language. I think I know which one but I'm kind of leary to order it. And beside if I click the "place on the Cart" (I think because it's german), nothing happened. Is there a link that translate it to english?

This is the wire that you need. You will need to order two of them unless you want to make one yourself like they are doing. Once you chose how many wires you want click "In den Warenkorb". This will just add it to a "Basket" for you. When you are finished shopping, on the left side of the screen you will see"Zur Kasse Gehen". After that it looks like they will only ship to Euorpean countries. VERSANDARTEN is just asking how you want them to ship it. The first two are just inside Germany and the last one is for Europe. Hope this helps. If you need the wires that bad and are willing to wait for two weeks I can order them for people.
You're wonderful, Man! Can you order those wires for me? pm'ed me so we can exchange some details (i.e. payment method such as paypal, shipping method and my shipping address, etc.). Thanks.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:02 AM   #64
geroz1

My Ride: e90 335i auto
[QUOTE=einfahrt]
Quote:
That website is all german language. I think I know which one but I'm kind of leary to order it. And beside if I click the "place on the Cart" (I think because it's german), nothing happened. Is there a link that translate it to english?

the Wire on the last page for the E46 is the one for the auto-leveling sensors right?

what is the wire on the first page? is that the one that connects the LCM to the headlights?
geroz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #65
einfahrt
SLOW ACS

Bill, Alex is this the second wire that you are now making?
Old 07-16-2005, 02:30 PM   #66
einfahrt
SLOW ACS

http://www.kfz-kabelbaum.de/images/n...nwerfere46.jpg
Old 07-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #67
einfahrt
SLOW ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroz1
the Wire on the last page for the E46 is the one for the auto-leveling sensors right?

what is the wire on the first page? is that the one that connects the LCM to the headlights?
It looks like the one they need (are currently making) but I cannot tell right now. I need to translate the page first.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #68
geroz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by einfahrt
It looks like the one they need (are currently making) but I cannot tell right now. I need to translate the page first.

yeah i also think its the second wire (the one they are making).

I guess the only thing we need to find out if its including the xenon additional wiring or if its what we have in our cars already
Old 07-17-2005, 12:15 AM   #69
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
UPDATE:

Been extremely busy. Still waiting for a few more BMW parts to come in from circle BMW (think SMG paddles) until I work on my car again.

PS To the best of my knowledge no dealership and/or store is selling "The wiring harness B." The design is very simple but it is a pain in the butt (labor and time) to make though.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #70
einfahrt
SLOW ACS

this is not the second wire the bill and alex are making it is for the fog lights.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #71
geroz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by einfahrt
this is not the second wire the bill and alex are making it is for the fog lights.

what happend to all the pictures we had...

i'm going to search for a diagram to show how to connect those wires to the lcm and to the xenon's. (for wiring harness B)

finally recoded the lcm - no errors now....

i should have the auto-lev running by sat
Old 07-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #72
ADA
Banned

UPDATE:

SUCCESS!!! I say again, SUCCESS. ALL SYSTEMS GO!

All you need is to make the "wiring harness B" and it is plug and play so that your LCM and communicate with the Headlights.

Wire Harness A = Sensors ----> LCM/LKM
Wire Harness B =LCM -------> Headlights

Wire Harness A can be bought for $75 from Germany. Not available in US
Wire Harness B is NOT Available anywhere. You have to make it yourself.

PM or talk to AUSHFART, he made both "Wiring Harness A and B." I bought Wire Harness B from him. OEM quality. 99.9% OEM components (excluding electical wire). 100 % direct fit. Plug n play.

More information to come. Extremely busy this week. I am flying to VA this week and to California for official business. Duty calls =)
Old 07-21-2005, 08:21 PM   #73
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
UPDATE:

All you need is to make the "wiring harness B" and it is plug and play so that your LCM and communicate with the Headlights.

PM or talk to AUSHFART, he made both "Wiring Harness A and B." I bought Wire Harness B from him. OEM quality. 99.9% OEM components (excluding electical wire). 100 % direct fit. Plug n play.

More information to come. Extremely busy this week. I am flying to VA this week and to California for official business. Duty calls =)
Thanks Bill, yes everything works .......Once I get a host I'll post the video. This mod will be easy once i start making illustrations and more wires...I will be making all the wires so you dont have to purchase it from Germany, but from what Craig posted (Einfahrt) they dont have it and those wires were for the fog lights. Once i get done with everything all you would have to do is solder or connect them with clamps and connect A with B and plug them to the correct plugs. But dont forget your going to have your car flashed for Xenon's so youhave to go to the dealer. It should not be hard but you will have to go through your firewall which is easy. Also you have to open up your ECU cover and fish the wires through there. Make sure you do this project with a friend it's not a one person job.

Last edited by Ausfahrt; 07-21-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #74
JCsE46

Great news, ADA!!!!! That means we don't need to replace our LCM (on which I was worried about). I've already ordered my Wire harness A (help from einfahrt) . (But Thanks, einfahrt). Need more info. on how to make wire harness B. Please show some illustration on how to make it. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:06 PM   #75
ADA
Banned

Quote:
Great news, ADA!!!!! That means we don't need to replace our LCM (on which I was worried about). I've already ordered my Wire harness A (help from einfahrt) . (But Thanks, einfahrt). Need more info. on how to make wire harness B. Please show some illustration on how to make it. Thanks.

JCsE46, Did your car come with the "wiring harness B" pre-wired to your bimmer? Mine didn't. If yours didn't also then I think this will be your biggest issue.

The concept of the wiring harness B is simple but it is a pain in the butt. I think Ausfahrt has a few extra "wiring harness B" lying around in his workshop. I bought mine from him. He also included the instructions too. PM Ausfarht. I know he is busy but just PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #76
JCsE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
JCsE46, Did your car come with the "wiring harness B" pre-wired to your bimmer? Mine didn't. If yours didn't also then I think this will be your biggest issue.

The concept of the wiring harness B is simple but it is a pain in the butt. I think Ausfahrt has a few extra "wiring harness B" lying around in his workshop. I bought mine from him. He also included the instructions too. PM Ausfarht. I know he is busy but just PM.
ADA, How would I know if my car is pre-wired or not. Can you direct me where can I check this on my car. FYI, I haven't started yet because I'm still waiting for all my parts to arrive. I've already ordered them all from Pacific BMW. And also, I've already pm'ed ausfahrt about the wiring harness B. Thanks, again, ADA.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #77
geroz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
UPDATE:

NICE!!
i ordered the wirings and the plugs from the dealer i just need to find time to pick it up.. cant wait for your wiring b instructions!!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:52 AM   #78
evo1961

My Ride: E46 330 Sport
Quote:
ADA, How would I know if my car is pre-wired or not. Can you direct me where can I check this on my car. FYI, I haven't started yet because I'm still waiting for all my parts to arrive. I've already ordered them all from Pacific BMW. And also, I've already pm'ed ausfahrt about the wiring harness B. Thanks, again, ADA.
Check at the back of your headlights, you have already wired your lights to activate the bi-xenon shutter, so you may have another spare connector for the auto level motor. My car has already got this harness used for manual levelling of the original halogens. The connector is right next to the manual adjust knob at the top facing towards the rear of the car. There are four wires connected to this on my car. Good news about not having to replace the LCM I was worried about that.
evo1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #79
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Quote:

Try to take a picture behind your headlights. I'll let you know if you have the connector.
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #80
ADA
Banned

Quote:

To the best of my understand ALL OEM XENON (and even some version of the Projector46) has the auto-leving motor and connector built into the headlight assemblies. However, whether your car is pre-wired for the leveling system is unknown.

My car did not have "wire harness B (LCM ---> headlight)." Aushfart had to make one for me.