E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

My Ride: 00 iT (SOLD)
Hotchkis sway bars - any good?

Some sponsor (other board) recommends me the Hotchkis bars .. they are marketed under H-Sport brand for BMW and Mini applications.

From their spec, their sway bars are 30 mm dia (front) and 25.5mm (rear). That's HUGE on the front!

But spec is only numbering game, so I wonder if any Fanatics does have a set installed & if he / she can be kind to validate if this product worths our hard earn money ? Same price oint as Eibach ?

Any sqeaking or thumping noise? how the ride? Are they worth our consideration among H&R, UUC, RD, etc...?

If interested You can check out the detail yourself: http://www.h-sport.com/cgi-bin/EDCst...ontent/why_buy

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with this company or anyone who currently or plan to sell their products. I'm just one of the confused consumers who wants to make some "informed decision"
Wagon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
e46jb

My Ride: '05 325i sedan
I am no expert or anything, but from my past experience driving a Toyota Celica, the Hotckis parts are very good quality and never seemed to have any major issues.

That is just saying they are decent for the Celica, as for European cars, especially a BMW, I really don't know.
e46jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46jb
I am no expert or anything, but from my past experience driving a Toyota Celica, the Hotckis parts are very good quality and never seemed to have any major issues.

That is just saying they are decent for the Celica, as for European cars, especially a BMW, I really don't know.
Tks, jb. Am unsure if their front bar could be too thick ... what do you think?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:16 AM   #4
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
What is the price he is offering them at? I have a hookup for hotchkis parts that I can use to get you a great price. Let me know the part # if you have it... I think it is #22825
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains
What is the price he is offering them at? I have a hookup for hotchkis parts that I can use to get you a great price. Let me know the part # if you have it... I think it is #22825
Don't have the p/n, but it will be the same as for Sedan, car is 00 323. Pls tell me your best offer (shipped to WA 99037), however, validation / endoresement from the Fanatics community is equally important in this case.

Tks!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:12 AM   #6
kitty cat

My Ride: 330ci
Hotchkis has been a huge supporter of the events I host for my husband's car forum. They held a tech day for about 70 people. It was really informative. I would have to say their R&D process is amazing as well as the technology they use.

As a matter of fact I'm getting their stage 1 this week. I'm really excited. My husband has their stage 1 on his car (not a BMW) but tremendous handling. We've been invited to see them test their cars at Willow Springs but haven't been able to make it. My husband was taken for a ride in one of their BMWs... he basically said . I just can't wait... I HATE the body roll on this thing.

Anyhow. If you are in Cali you can come with me!

Cat
Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 AM   #7
kitty cat

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains
Talk to Mark? He's a sweetie. Really knows a lot and he's a genuine nice guy who likes to explain detailed answers. I love it.

Here's some photos of the event. Our sn is x_srt4_x:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...light=hotchkis
Old 10-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
sjo328ci

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
The HSport anti-roll bars are tubular, so any comparison to other solid bars is meaningless unless the tube wall thickness is known. If the o.d. and wall thickness are known it is relatively simple to calculate how they compare to solid bars. Anyone know the wall thickness?
sjo328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
Unveiled

I had Hotchkis sways on my previous G35, and they didn't help very much.