E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #2021
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2000323ci View Post
yes Greg, please link me to checkout page with which ever of those products you choose, thanks!
The products are all linked above, all you have to do is click on them and then click "add to cart" to purchase them. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2000323ci View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering, those products i purchased did make a descent atempt to remove the scraches, but my work is not done until i use the high qualitu material greg plans to link me to....once thats done the car will be picture quality again, and don't worry i'll post the new updated pics as soon as I'm done!

thanks everyone for all the advice/help!

I'm confident you'll get noticeably better results with these polishes. The only other factor you will need to get great results is a quality buffer and pad. I don't know what you have but the buffer is also a big factor. Generally the more speed and pressure the buffer and you can create the better you're polishing results will be. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #2022
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyV View Post
Greg, I recently purchased Menzerna IP from you. I have PB SSR 1, 2.5, 3. Would IP followed by SSR1 do the trick for moderatley swirled up black cars?
Yes you can use the IP and SSR 1 for moderate swirls. Make sure you take your time and apply good pressure throughout for best results. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #2023
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Of these three towels, which one would be the best for drying cars?

All Purpose Microfiber Towels (light blue) Reg $3.99 Now $2.99 each
Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel (light gray) Reg $5.99 Now $4.49 each
reTHICKulous Microfiber Towel (white) Reg $9.99, Now $7.49 each

(how many would I need to dry a moderate sized car completely........?)

(BTW, do you carry Poorboys Black Hole Glaze? If not you should get some. Because I need it
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #2024
M0nk3y
Banned

Sorry for annoying you Greg, I just have some questions.....

I am thinking of getting a Chicago Rotary. Its at the warehouse stores around my area. I didn't know if the PC backing plate and pads are comparable with this rotary......If you don' know thats fine, sorry for my bad details.......
Old 05-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #2025
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
Of these three towels, which one would be the best for drying cars?

All Purpose Microfiber Towels (light blue) Reg $3.99 Now $2.99 each
Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel (light gray) Reg $5.99 Now $4.49 each
reTHICKulous Microfiber Towel (white) Reg $9.99, Now $7.49 each

(how many would I need to dry a moderate sized car completely........?)

(BTW, do you carry Poorboys Black Hole Glaze? If not you should get some. Because I need it
To be honest I would really recommend using our Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel for drying. This towel is super absorbent, paint safe, edged with silk and more. It can absorb so much water it's amazing. This towel is 25" x 32", where as the towels above are 16 x 16. If I had to choose one from above I would probably choose the reTHICKulous for drying, it's extremely thick and plush. I've never dried a vehicle with these towels so I'm not exactly sure how many you would need but I would estimate 3 - 4. With the Waffle Weave towel you can sometimes get away with one but I use two so I can work a little faster.

We do not have the Black Hole Glaze at this time, but thank you for the inquiry.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Quote:
Sorry for annoying you Greg, I just have some questions.....

I am thinking of getting a Chicago Rotary. Its at the warehouse stores around my area. I didn't know if the PC backing plate and pads are comparable with this rotary......If you don' know thats fine, sorry for my bad details.......
I think you meant to ask if they are compatible? If that was the case I do not honestly know. Maybe bring in your backing plate before you buy and see if it screws in? The pads will definitely work with this buffer it's just a question of finding the right backing plate to work with. Rotary buffers often come with their own backing plate because they generate a lot more torque and need a really strong system to support the power. In short, just make sure you find the right backing plate for the job. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #2026
chris_bmw330ci

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs View Post
To be honest I would really recommend using our Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel for drying.
+1, i starting using this towel last month and its much better then my old chamois. if i quickly hit the car w/ a leaf blower b4 i can dry w/ one WW, if not then i need 2. also, i don't drag the towel across the paint, instead i lay the towel on vertical surfaces and lightly press it out, then lift up and repeat. on horizontal surfaces i fold the towel into fourths and blot dry.
chris_bmw330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #2027
///McKinzie

My Ride: 1999 BMW Z3 2.3
I was going to suggest the Waffe Weave Drying Towel as well. I use one for my car and its great.

1999 BMW Z3
w/ BMW M3 Chrome 17" Wheels
Currently has 306,000 miles

Detailed Image Auto Detailing Supplies
Maintained by Detailed Image
///McKinzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #2028
drag0n

My Ride: 04 330ci
Greg,
When using the Menzerna IP and FPII with the PC, would these remove water spots as well?

Also, how do i clean the waffle weave towel and MF towels? Can i just put all the MF and WW towels together and wash it in the washing machine? What would i use to wash it? Thank you for your time and help!
drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #2029
///McKinzie

I know this was directed to Greg, but in case your in a hurry, I can answer now. The IP and FPII should remove water spots as they strip away a thin layer of the clear coat. Just throw your microfiber in the wash (JUST MICROFIBER, nothing else) add detergent, DO NOT ADD fabric softener as it will screw up your microfiber. I recommend something like Tide Free or something with no or minimal fragrance and color. I have heard conflicting reports to dry the towels in the dryer, or let the air dry because if you dry them in the dryer the heat will fuse the fibers. I personally dry mine in the drier and have not ran into any problems. Do not use a fabric softener sheet, and make sure all lint is out as the microfiber will grab it up. Hopefully I answered all of these for you correctly.

1999 BMW Z3

Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #2030
drag0n

My Ride: 04 330ci
Hey thanks for the quick answer! So what do i do about the Waffle Weave Towel?

Also, i forgot to ask if the IP and FPII are safe to use on exterior glass, like the windshield and window to remove waterspots with the PC? Or do i need a different chemical or method? Thank you!!
drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #2031
M0nk3y
Banned

Greg, I am getting this on my order:

Majic Clay, 200g (Blue)
3 Waffle Weave towels
5 yellow pads
CG EZ Creme (Glaze) (Do you have any bigger size than 16 oz, or do I have to buy two )

Anything else?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #2032
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Greg, what is the overall most rejuvenating and practical leather care method for gray nappa leather?

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #2033
///McKinzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0n View Post
Hey thanks for the quick answer! So what do i do about the Waffle Weave Towel?

Also, i forgot to ask if the IP and FPII are safe to use on exterior glass, like the windshield and window to remove waterspots with the PC? Or do i need a different chemical or method? Thank you!!
I believe the IP and FPII are for paint only, but don't hold me to that. I read either on this thread, or another about fixing glass spots. But there is so much to look through to find it. Surely once Greg see's this he will have something for you. I did hear something about using steel wool but I'm not to sure on the application.

EDIT: The Waffle Weave Towel is microfiber as well. I would throw it in the wash with the rest of the microfiber, however if the other towels are heavily soiled, you might want to wash it separately.

1999 BMW Z3

Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #2034
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
How important is the conditioner/shampoo or is that just a fancy name for suds and/or soap?
slo323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #2035
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0n View Post
Greg,
When using the Menzerna IP and FPII with the PC, would these remove water spots as well?

Also, how do i clean the waffle weave towel and MF towels? Can i just put all the MF and WW towels together and wash it in the washing machine? What would i use to wash it? Thank you for your time and help!
Yes the IP and FPII are designed to remove watermarks. Sometimes you need something more aggressive for really deep etchings but this combination works on most light to medium watermarks. I would not use them on the glass.Apply a nickel sized drop on a wet foam applicator and buff the exterior glass and then rinse it clean.

To remove watermarks on the glass try the Glass Science Glass Scrub. This product does an excellent job of removing water marks, sap, road grime, etc.

I would wash the microfiber products (towels, waffle weave towel, etc) together in a normal washer with Tide, etc. Make sure the product has no Fabric Softener in it. Avoid washing them with other fabrics that produce a lot of lint. If you want to be really safe use the Chemical Guys Microfiber Cleaning Detergent.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Last edited by Greg@DetailedImage.com; 05-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #2036
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Greg, I am getting this on my order:

Majic Clay, 200g (Blue)
3 Waffle Weave towels
5 yellow pads
CG EZ Creme (Glaze) (Do you have any bigger size than 16 oz, or do I have to buy two )

Anything else?
All of those are great products and should help your detailing efforts. As of right now we do not carry any larger size. with the CG EZ Creme Glaze. The products you have are fine but there is always other things you can get. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #2037
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Greg, what is the overall most rejuvenating and practical leather care method for gray nappa leather?

I would use the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Leatherique Prestine Clean. It will help deep clean and condition the leather so it stays strong yet flexible. This powerful combination should help keep your leather looking and feeling top notch. I would use it about 2 - 5 times per year depending on how much sun, traffic, etc. the seats are exposed to. We have directions on how to best use these products in our Detailing Guide - Leather Care section. Then about once a month I would wipe them down with a damp microfiber towel, just to remove any light surface contamination. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #2038
M0nk3y
Banned

Quote:
All of those are great products and should help your detailing efforts. As of right now we do not carry any larger size. with the CG EZ Creme Glaze. The products you have are fine but there is always other things you can get. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Autogeek right now is having 15% off sale for fathers day. Care to match?

(You have to have the code, which I will not say) But it would be helpful because part of my dad's give to him is to detail his E90........

Last edited by M0nk3y; 05-29-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #2039
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Autogeek right now is having 15% off sale for fathers day. Care to match?

(You have to have the code, which I will not say) But it would be helpful because part of my dad's give to him is to detail his E90........
We don't match other competitor's promos but we are offering a 15% off coupon code because of our server issue we had earlier this month. The promotional code is SpeedyDI and I believe it's valid until about mid June at the latest. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #2040
M0nk3y
Banned

Quote:
We don't match other competitor's promos but we are offering a 15% off coupon code because of our server issue we had earlier this month. The promotional code is SpeedyDI and I believe it's valid until about mid June at the latest. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
That's what I like to hear! Ill be order later