E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #521
02White330Ci

My Ride: 04 A/W ZHP
Ok thanks alot. Now i got it all. lol. 1 last question though, When using the PC how do u only use 1 oz of certain things for the whole car. It would seem that i would use 1 oz to do the hood alone. how do u manage it so that 1 oz lasts for the whole car, i would just think that 3/4 of the way the pad would just be dried up and nothing left on the pad. Is there a little trick to it??
02White330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #522
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02White330Ci
Ok thanks alot. Now i got it all. lol. 1 last question though, When using the PC how do u only use 1 oz of certain things for the whole car. It would seem that i would use 1 oz to do the hood alone. how do u manage it so that 1 oz lasts for the whole car, i would just think that 3/4 of the way the pad would just be dried up and nothing left on the pad. Is there a little trick to it??
Yep, sure is a trick. The bottles tops that most manufacturers provide has a big hole so a lot of product comes out quickly.

We actually sell 2oz (and 4oz and 8oz) dispenser bottles that are the perfect size to throw in your pocket and allow the product to come out thin enough so that you can optimally use the "less is more" technique.

Click Here for 2oz Dispenser Bottles

Let me know if there's anything else we can answer for you.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #523
02White330Ci

Ok thanks, I placed my order this morning. Cant wait to try out everything.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #524
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Got the order and its already been sent out, you should get it tomorrow. Let us know how you make out with it!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #525
02White330Ci

Thanks alot, One other thing i have to ask, I bought the poorboys natty paste and i also have P21s carnuaba wax at home. I was wondering which you prefer for a glossier shine and also which is easier to put on and take off? Are they both fairly equal, or do you prefer one over the other??
Old 02-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #526
Greg@DetailedImage.com

I think both are great products in their own right. I think the P21S Carnauba Wax is probably slightly better overall but again both are great. Each car and application has its own unique charachteristics that are going to produce different results on each car, and perceived differently by different viewers. So in some situations I prefer the Natty's while others I like the P21S, it just depends. I use both regularly and like both a lot, hence the frequent use. Both are probably equally easy to apply, the Natty's sometimes needs a little pressing into initially to get the product spreading easy, but after that they are the same. I'd be interested to hear what you think about these products as well.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #527
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs
Got the order and its already been sent out, you should get it tomorrow. Let us know how you make out with it!

Greg @ Detailed Image
boy you guys are fast
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #528
02White330Ci

Yea i've placed several orders with them, and i get it the next day all the time. Its good to know if i have an emergency i can have something sitting at my doorstep the next day. GREAT SERVICE!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #529
m002

My Ride: Mmmmm
A almost new car. Can I just wash, glaze, AIO, Wax?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #530
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by m002
A almost new car. Can I just wash, glaze, AIO, Wax?
That process would be fine, however, the AIO may diminish any benefits you'd get from the glaze since there are cleaning characteristics in the AIO.

Either:

Wash -> AIO -> Wax

or

Wash -> Glaze -> HGSG / FMJ / EX-P -> Wax
(pure sealant)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI

Last edited by Greg@DetailedImage.com; 02-18-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:58 AM   #531
m002

Quote:
That process would be fine, however, the AIO may diminish any benefits you'd get from the glaze since there are cleaning characteristics in the AIO.

Either:

Wash -> AIO -> Wax

or

Wash -> Glaze -> HGSG / FMJ / EX-P -> Wax
(pure sealant)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
thanks Greg. So the AIO doesn't cover swirl marks. Is it like a glaze with cleaning solution? What is the Klazze sealant do?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #532
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
thanks Greg. So the AIO doesn't cover swirl marks. Is it like a glaze with cleaning solution? What is the Klazze sealant do?
The Klasse is a chemical polish that is also a sealant. This is by far the most versatile one step product on the market. Its a chemical polish that will help remove oxidation, surface debris, fine water marks, and extremely fine swirls (hardly any). The AIO also leaves behind a sealant that gives you valuable protection, probably around 4 - 8 months worth. Overall a really great product that really helps brighten the paint and protect it. A true glaze should fill in imperfections, not fix them or protect them, just fill them in to make the paint look great. Glaze is probably one of the most commonly misused words in detailing. The Klasse HGSG is a really super protective and provides great gloss. It adds one of the most durable forms of protection on the market and a really deep shine. Works great when the AIO and HGSG are combined.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #533
m002

On a newer car I should I use AIO, glaze? , sealant, wax?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #534
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
On a newer car I should I use AIO, glaze? , sealant, wax?
Each routine requires certain products that work well together, some products can't be applied together, therefore there aren't universal rules to follow. A chemical polish will strip a glaze therefore it can't be applied after the glaze. Here are some suggestions of our favorite packages for newer cars that all work great:

1.) P21S Paintwork Cleanser - Menzerna FMJ
2.) P21S Paintwork Cleanser - Menzerna FMJ - P21S Carnauba Wax
3.) Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Menzerna FMJ
4.) Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Menzerna FMJ - P21S Carnauba Wax
5.) Klasse AIO - Klasse HGSG
6.) Klasse AIO - Klasse HGSG - P21S Carnauba Wax

Let us know if you have any questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #535
m002

Quote:
Each routine requires certain products that work well together, some products can't be applied together, therefore there aren't universal rules to follow. A chemical polish will strip a glaze therefore it can't be applied after the glaze. Here are some suggestions of our favorite packages for newer cars that all work great:

1.) P21S Paintwork Cleanser - Menzerna FMJ
2.) P21S Paintwork Cleanser - Menzerna FMJ - P21S Carnauba Wax
3.) Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Menzerna FMJ
4.) Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Menzerna FMJ - P21S Carnauba Wax
5.) Klasse AIO - Klasse HGSG
6.) Klasse AIO - Klasse HGSG - P21S Carnauba Wax

Let us know if you have any questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Thanks Greg!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #536
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
hey George & Greg.

i have a wheel-question for you. what is a good product to use for removal of tar, asphalt and such from wheels?

there are small stains that can barely be felt, but also big stains that you really can feel, and scrape off with your nails (but i don't want to make scratches).

thanks! i'm currently enojoying your products a lot
will have to send another order for some more shampoo, wheel wax and microfiber towels soon

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #537
Greg@DetailedImage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMW
hey George & Greg.

i have a wheel-question for you. what is a good product to use for removal of tar, asphalt and such from wheels?

there are small stains that can barely be felt, but also big stains that you really can feel, and scrape off with your nails (but i don't want to make scratches).

thanks! i'm currently enojoying your products a lot
will have to send another order for some more shampoo, wheel wax and microfiber towels soon
Glad to hear your enjoying the products!!!

Removing the tar and asphalt from a wheel can be tough. The P21S Wheel Gel is a great wheel cleaner that is safe on all wheels. However sometimes the marks are extremely difficult to get out. You might want to also get the P21S Finish Restorer (metal polish) with a two sided microfiber polishing towel. This metal polish and towel work deep into the wheels surface to gently wipe away built up debris. Asphalt and tar can be some of the most diffiult to remove so this might take a little TLC. These two should work great for you and clean the wheel very well.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #538
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
thanks Greg! i'll give that a shot

i assume the wheels are clearcoated though, does the P21s finish restorer still work? they're BBS wheels

how are claybars on wheels?

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #539
SammyV

My Ride: CB M3
Send a message via AIM to SammyV
What would you recommend i do, my car is a 2000, TiAG, it was not garaged but it was washed and waxed frequently over the summer/fall (when in use, rest of the season its under a car cover), i waxed it before i covered it for the winter and it still shines nice however if you rub your hand along the hood/roof it almost feels like sandpaper.. What would you recommend i do to the car to bring it back to life?

Also - if you could throw me a price on all the necessary components / aplicators you would recommend that would be sweet as well!

Thanks!
SammyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #540
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMW
thanks Greg! i'll give that a shot

i assume the wheels are clearcoated though, does the P21s finish restorer still work? they're BBS wheels

how are claybars on wheels?
The P21s FR will work even though they are clear coated. Clay Baring the wheels is a good thing to do, especially if you have them off the car, it makes things a lot easier. It will provide the wheels with a slicker surface and will be a great prep stage before P21s Finish Restorer and/or Wheel Sealant.

George @ DI

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote