E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #21
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
JLevi, when will you have the predator chromium in stock for my 330ci ?

2. so from the install the predator chromium can be turned on and off or are they always on when vehicle on? or is this a separate switch

3. Can anyone show me a pic of these on OEM regular(I KNOW) halogen lights? (both with headlights on and off)
Thanks.
love2drive330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #22
dasblack

My Ride: '01 330ci
^Hey, im getting 8000k chromium w/ my halogens. I'll post pics if you would like.
dasblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #23
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
Dasblack, which ones are you purchasing specifically? when will you have them. I'd like to check out your install to know how to do mine.
I can come over to CC to check them out in person. I wanted to order them today, but JLevi is out of stock.(so as not to hijack thread-read message in our local region to hook up)

seems the predator's are outweighing the titaniums but I see other vendors that include shipping so the cost varies.
love2drive330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:02 PM   #24
GHoStRidEr4450

My Ride: 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsE46
Hey Jon,
It has been long since I ordered some from you. Can I just order the predator chromium ring without the wire harness? If so, please pm'ed me. Thanks.

^^^^ Yeah, If you have one of the newer wiring harnesses, can you just get the new rings and backs and skip the wiring harness?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #25
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I couldn't agree more. There is a reason (besides my Jlevi SW sponsorship) that I went with Chromiums. I actually had the choice when was upgrading my halos to go with the Titaniums or Chromiums and I chose the Chromiums.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #26
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
First off, I want to express my apreciation for all your support, guys. No wonder I'm more devoted to my customer base than my fellow suppliers, huh?

OK Let's see if I can answer all these questions:

jacobo - Shipping is $11 from us. It's worth it, trust me

M3J0N - They are $149 + Shipping. Remote kit and lifetime warranty are included FREE.

maine325xi - Some people do and some people don't. Many people find that it's nice to have contrast, so that when your OEM Xenons are on, you still can see the halos. This is like the 5 series, where they have yellow/orange Angel Eyes and pure white headlights. Others will go with a 6000K Conversion. Preference, really, but the changing of one certainly does NOT necessitate the changing of another

dasblack - I am wondering why you are hung up on 8000K - you realize, of course, that Kelvin scale does NOT denote brightness, but color, right? 8000K is too blue/green for me - hence we prefer the 6000K Predators.

JCsE46 - For you, certainly. Email me.

330 HRE - It is my experience that products like this increase in quality when made in Taiwan, China, Japan, etc. Why is this? The cost of making an injection mold here is, to my understanding, between $2,000 and $10,000 - Therefore, products like the Titanium Edition use fewer pieces - a backing plate, a front cover, and one large clip truss bar. Overseas, however, the tools of production and cheap labor resources enable manufacturers to make many molds, for much cheaper. Thus, they are willing to make smaller, more detailed parts that would cost an arm and a leg to make here. Smaller, more precise backing plates that lock nicely into the front covers, individual clips that are easily removed (instead of glued on) - you get the idea. If you've seen the way the Titanium Editions are made, the tolerance is not very precise, which causes the backing plates to fall off. I did a couple installs where the rings separated and was very displeased to have to re-open the headlights and fix the rings. With the Chromium, the notches are precise and fit better. It's really a matter of resources - to make a product like chromium in the U.S. would cost twice as much. Just the chroming process would cost $15 MORE in the US... imagine making the molds...

love2drive330CI - Approximately one week from today we will have another 50 in stock.

Thanks again guys
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #27
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

The chromiums use a 3 prong connector, but luckily I can supply you guys with a conversion to 2prong if you want to use your original phosphyre ballasts. It's NOT as safe as the 3prongs, but if you want to do it that's your prerogative.

I will start selling ring upgrades for probably $80+ shipping. The only thing is what on EARTH do I do with the ballasts and the harnesses

Thanks all
JL
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #28
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
uh oh.... why do i get the feeling that i should have gone with 6000K instead of 4300K anybody have pics of the latter?
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:23 PM   #29
e46rokkett

My Ride: E46
i dont agree. look at this pic of the titanium dde from bmerblvd. To me that looks pretty bright anf good Or is this a newer improved version of the titanium dde out???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titaniumdde.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	135495  
e46rokkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #30
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46rokkett
i dont agree. look at this pic of the titanium dde from bmerblvd. To me that looks pretty bright anf good Or is this a newer improved version of the titanium dde out???
Pictures are very deceiving. It is true from CERTAIN ANGLES the titaniums are bright. But from the side and any other view other than straight on, they look blotchy.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #31
koven

My Ride: 330Ci
such hate on the titaniums..
koven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #32
Mike Benvo
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Dinan E60 ///M5
Send a message via AIM to Mike Benvo
I'd like Tom (bimmerblvd) to respond here...

I just bought the Titanium DDE's from him. Brightness and lack of dead spots is real good, but I had to glue the inner ones in because they didnt fit well.
Mike Benvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #33
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

I agree, and BMWERKEN is right - the TE are designed to look GREAT from the front. From any angle, though, they look like LEDs...

koven - no hate, I am just expressing my professional opinion, which brings me to...

Mike Benvo - I don't want to insult Tom but I am speaking on over 2 years of experience. My car was the 2nd or 3rd car ever to have Cold Cathode Technology used in the headlights... I've been around the block, man, and experience is the best teacher.

I don't mind other vendors selling TE at a lower price than I sell Chromium for - it's a lower quality product. The only reason they should charge more is to cover the time they will inevitably spend answering emails ("Why did my backing plate fall off? Why Can't I see my halos from the side?") and most likely sending out new parts (when rings fall apart)... My customer base is usually the people who prefer quality and are willing to pay a little more for less headache...

On that note, Mike, I will ship your Chromiums out next week when the new shipment comes in. I would greatly apreciate if you could post an unbiased review/comparison. When I'm wrong I will admit it but as you can imagine it took a lot of certainty to publicly post this thread.

JL
Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #34
e46rokkett

My Ride: E46
[QUOTE=Mike Benvo]I'd like Tom (bimmerblvd) to respond here...

PPl are getting converned here..
e46rokkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #35
Mike Benvo
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Dinan E60 ///M5
Send a message via AIM to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
Mike Benvo - I don't want to insult Tom but I am speaking on over 2 years of experience. My car was the 2nd or 3rd car ever to have Cold Cathode Technology used in the headlights... I've been around the block, man, and experience is the best teacher.
Sounds good. I will definitly do that.
Mike Benvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #36
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46rokkett

PPl are getting converned here..
......not to sound like a dick or anything, but, say what!??
Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #37
ad3998

My Ride: 3 series
Great info. JLevi! I'm sold...

Can't wait to get them installed.
ad3998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
jesus
Banned

My Ride: as
when you used to sell titaniums you used to defend them and deny everything you are now saying. WEird huh
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #39
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus
when you used to sell titaniums you used to defend them and deny everything you are now saying. WEird huh
You will also realize that when he sold them the most current production version of the predator chromiums were not on the market. Hence he was defending the best product on the market at the time (titaniums). His point now is that since the newest version of the chromiums came out, he stopped selling titaniums because of the above reasons.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #40
minsoox1983

My Ride: ///
if you think "Light dispersion is TERRIBLE" in the titanium, then you should do something for the customers who bought that item from you.

this makes me feel bad b/c when i purchased titanium from you at the full price you said this is the best in market ,, cannot be compared,, etc etc,, well,, i don't know,,

i thought you stopped to sell them because you had a problem with the supplier? i don't mean to be offended,,and i agree your service is very friendly.. but,, after i read this thread,,,, i got disappointed

__________\\\\\\\

Last edited by minsoox1983; 07-18-2005 at 08:08 PM.
minsoox1983 is offline   Reply With Quote