E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #41
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsoox1983
if you think "Light dispersion is TERRIBLE" in the titanium, then you should do something for the customers who bought that item from you.

this makes me feel bad b/c when i purchased titanium from you at the full price you said this is the best in market ,, cannot be compared,, etc etc,, well,, i don't know,,

i thought you stopped to sell them because you had a problem with the supplier? i don't mean to be offended,,and i agree your service is very friendly.. but,, after i read this thread,,,, i got disappointed
Like I said above, at the time you purchased the titaniums were the best on the market. I could easily say that BMW is unfair when they sold me my car because they said it was the best performance sedan under 35 grand, when today they say the same thing about the E90. The conflict here is timing, the DDE market is constantly changing and in so you run into upgrading issues.

On the same note, if you had read his original post, Jlevi SW currently has a promotion in the works to upgrade old halos.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #42
JCsE46
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

My Ride: 03 E46 JB, 08 MBE350
Send a message via AIM to JCsE46 Send a message via MSN to JCsE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46rokkett
PPl are getting converned here..
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
......not to sound like a dick or anything, but, say what!??

converned?!?!?!???????
Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM   #43
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
For a "new guy", BMWERKEN has a LOT of right answers
For the record, he does answer on behalf of Jlevi SW now.

Minsoo - When I told you I, too, got screwed with Titanium Edition (I was told V2 would be better, it was maybe 10% better), I wasn't kidding. We were both put into a bad situation, and here it was:
-You ordered halos
-It took 3 weeks for the makers of titanium edition to "revise" the halos - my shipment was 3 weeks late
-We felt terrible for delaying your order, and offered you a few other products at our cost to make up for it. I think it was D2S and remote kit?
-We had basically no prospect, and we didn't know where the next DDE kit would come out from. Predator was just a thought in our minds.

Now that we have predator, I will GLADLY upgrade you for a discounted price we can negotiate over email. I apreciate your kind words and understanding, as we, too, got the short end of the stick with Titanium Edition V2.
Despite the fact that it would make us look bad for ever carrying a product, I had to come forth and apologize/explain.

While I have your attention, though (you didn't reply to the last email?) - The free remote kit we sent out as compensation has come back TWICE. Today was the second time they returned it, with a second label saying "UNDELIVERABLE." I am happy to send it again, but please give me a new address

Thanks for your understanding!
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #44
dronell19
JDM - Style

My Ride: is sold
Send a message via MSN to dronell19
So J, are you saying these rings can or cannot work with the DDE Lightning ballasts? How is it... "not as safe"?

Gone but never forgotten; E46Fanatics first Arqray+Strassentech combo
dronell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #45
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronell19
So J, are you saying these rings can or cannot work with the DDE Lightning ballasts? How is it... "not as safe"?
The old ballasts had a two prong connector where as the new ones include a three prong connector. We are now working on a promotion to sell a convertor from two prong to three prong with new rings. However, we do not guarantee the safety of the connector as far as shorts or other malfunctions go. The kit was not designed in such a manner and in so doing we cannot guarantee their longetivity.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #46
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Bingo. We can get you 2pronged converters for the chromium rings, but the best thing is to buy new rings AND ballasts. Then again, that's $20 more. You can always buy the converter, but there is NO guarantee on the rings not arcing.
After all, we designed the new Chromium with 3 prongs (one in the middle that is empty) for a reason..
JL
Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #47
minsoox1983

My Ride: ///
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
For a "new guy", BMWERKEN has a LOT of right answers
For the record, he does answer on behalf of Jlevi SW now.

Minsoo - When I told you I, too, got screwed with Titanium Edition (I was told V2 would be better, it was maybe 10% better), I wasn't kidding. We were both put into a bad situation, and here it was:
-You ordered halos
-It took 3 weeks for the makers of titanium edition to "revise" the halos - my shipment was 3 weeks late
-We felt terrible for delaying your order, and offered you a few other products at our cost to make up for it. I think it was D2S and remote kit?
-We had basically no prospect, and we didn't know where the next DDE kit would come out from. Predator was just a thought in our minds.

Now that we have predator, I will GLADLY upgrade you for a discounted price we can negotiate over email. I apreciate your kind words and understanding, as we, too, got the short end of the stick with Titanium Edition V2.
Despite the fact that it would make us look bad for ever carrying a product, I had to come forth and apologize/explain.

While I have your attention, though (you didn't reply to the last email?) - The free remote kit we sent out as compensation has come back TWICE. Today was the second time they returned it, with a second label saying "UNDELIVERABLE." I am happy to send it again, but please give me a new address

Thanks for your understanding!
JL

thnks for the clarification.. email sent,,

__________\\\\\\\
minsoox1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:50 AM   #48
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Let's get down to the nitty gritty on this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHROMIUM 002.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	135573   Click image for larger version

Name:	CHROMIUM 001.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	135574  

Last edited by Jlevi SW; 07-19-2005 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 AM   #49
dronell19
JDM - Style

My Ride: is sold
Send a message via MSN to dronell19
Sure looks good, J.

Gone but never forgotten; E46Fanatics first Arqray+Strassentech combo
dronell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #50
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

New TableTop tripod from USAPhotoNation.com - definately recommended for taking closeup shots of products
JL
Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #51
LWRNCE
Banned

My Ride: 96 AW 328is
Send a message via AIM to LWRNCE
I agree with Jlevi about the titaniums..

my old titaniums

compared to my chromiums

Titaniums equal Deadspots which is created due to their bulkiness. They only look good when you are looking at them at eye level.

Chromiums are the same concept but taken to another level. Fullness throughout the rings/bright as hell and not bulky.

Last edited by LWRNCE; 07-19-2005 at 11:37 AM.
LWRNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #52
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWRNCE
I agree with Jlevi about the titaniums..
Titaniums equal Deadspots which is created due to their bulkiness. They only look good when you are looking at them at eye level.

Chromiums are the same concept but taken to another level. Fullness throughout the rings/bright as hell and not bulky.
Glad you like them, that really exhibits how well the chromiums look from all angles
Old 07-20-2005, 01:27 AM   #53
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Again, GREAT pictures LWRNCE, thank you.
Also, nice SL
JL
Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #54
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
Again, GREAT pictures LWRNCE, thank you.
Also, nice SL
JL
hey, I took those
Old 07-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #55
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
JLevi,

If I order tonight the pred's tonight, when will they be shipped and how many days for shipping ?
love2drive330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 PM   #56
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

My Ride: W203 dumped on 20's
Send a message via AIM to m3on20z
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3on20z
Are the Chromium rings for the X5 (2002) re-shaped? So the highbeam ring actually goes around the whole circle, instead of stopping 3/4 of the way down?

And sorry to go offtopic, but I went on your site, and was trying to find replacement HID 9006 bulbs, but couldn't find them? Thanks bro.
?
m3on20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #57
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2drive330CI
JLevi,

If I order tonight the pred's tonight, when will they be shipped and how many days for shipping ?
The predators will be in on Friday which means they will be shipped out either Saturday or at the latest Monday. Depending on what shipping selection you choose, it can get there in 2-3 days or a week.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:05 PM   #58
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
to help Jon,
the X5 rings are NOT resized unless you go with the Predator ThinLine. Jon has those as well Please contact him.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:44 PM   #59
KillFox

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Send a message via AIM to KillFox
Seriously.... Why did we get charged $350 for inferior quality rings that were supposed to be perfect and all that.... If there was a superior quality kit on the market for half the cost? I think its ridiculous that i dropped the extra $200 or so , had to wait a month, and only to find a "superior" product sold by you guys 2 weeks later...

Oh well. I guess DDEs are as bad as cars in depreciation huh... As for all the problems you say Titaniums have, the 2nd design of the V2s are flawless.... I dont have any of the problems you describe.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #60
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox
Seriously.... Why did we get charged $350 for inferior quality rings that were supposed to be perfect and all that.... If there was a superior quality kit on the market for half the cost? I think its ridiculous that i dropped the extra $200 or so , had to wait a month, and only to find a "superior" product sold by you guys 2 weeks later...

Oh well. I guess DDEs are as bad as cars in depreciation huh... As for all the problems you say Titaniums have, the 2nd design of the V2s are flawless.... I dont have any of the problems you describe.
That's the way markets in general operate. As products get older, they undergo improvements as well as price drops. Take the Motorola Razr, when they first came out they were in the 700 dollar range (WITH A PLAN!). Now you can almost get them for free and in addition they have undergone some software changes to make them a bit smoother in operation. My point is that it's a game of economics and how the consumer reacts to new products. There is a reason we put that high of a price on the product, because at the time there was a demand at such a price and the fact that it was the most superior product at the time. As we experienced more issues and understood better ways to implement the same end product, we made relevant changes and improved the system.

In any case I understand your frustration as I too bought the expensive DDE's back in the day!