E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #61
vIZIon4

My Ride: 02 M3
Brought my car to Tischer with a suspected oil leak, last week. Took 6 working days (service is open on sats) for them to give me an exact description of the problem, as well as a call back. Turned out it was a bad oil gasket. if it wasnt for the lack of communication on their part, i wouldnt have minded the wait. it was because of this (and the actual time it took to fix the car from start to finish (7 days)), i would give this service experience a 5/10.
vIZIon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #62
jeff10236

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325i
My car has been to Russel BMW three times since I bought it (April, but no big deal).

1st an oil change about a month after buying the car. I bring it in with no appointment, they get to me right away and give me a 2006 BMW 328i loaner (really nice car BTW). Free

About 2 days later it comes back because one of the rear windows stops working. Bring it in late in day with no appointment just before Memorial Day weekend. No problem, but they are out of BMW loaners and give me a Toyota Corolla (ick). They replace the window regulator. $50 CPO warranty co-pay.

A few weeks later, one of my turn signals goes out. About the same time the driver's side window starts making noises and it goes up and down very slowly- it seems its window regulator is about to die too. I replace the light bulb in the turn signal, but it dies again about 2 days later. So, I take it to the dealer to deal with the signal (a little worried that it dies 2 days after a new bulb is put in, hopefully there isn't some electrical problem) and the window regulator (why wait until the window won't go down at all anymore).

I bring it in mid-day (minutes after the turn signal dies again, I'm near the dealer when it goes back out) with no appointment. This time the lot attendant who checks in the cars seems rather upset that I have no appointment, they are very busy. No one said I needed an appointment, worst case I just figure they won't get it done until tomorrow, they had no trouble before and now he treats me like I'm diseased because I have no appointment. After a few moments he says "talk to Cindy." Cindy Hahn (as others here have said) is wonderful. She puts my car in, because they are very busy they are out of loaners so she arranges and pays for a rental from Enterprise (a 2007 Nissan Sentra, they really are nicer now than ever, but that CVT is a little strange until you are used to it), and she actually saw to it that my car was done a few hours later (even though I brought it in around 1pm on a very busy day). Further, my car's new car warranty ran out about 2 weeks after I bought it, on the CPO warranty you are supposed to have a $50 co-pay. She arranged it for me that the dealer covered the co-pay since the warranty just ran out and I didn't have to pay a dime, so a new regulator, bulb (of course) and socket for the signal were 100% free

So far, I'm pretty happy with them. I will have the iPod adapter put in by my best friend though (he is on his 2nd BMW, a 2001 330i, and he does a lot of work on his own cars so he knows these cars), the price they quoted for installation is a little more than the price of the adapter (I forget if the adapter itself will be $199 or $299). I will buy the adapter from them however.

Last edited by jeff10236; 07-30-2007 at 10:22 AM.
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #63
BlazenXLT

My Ride: 2002 M3
Another for Dan Martin's in Gaithersburg.

2002 ///M3 Coupe ~ Streamline - Painted Reflectors - UUC RTABS - Autosolutions SSK - ZCP knob - LED Angel Eyes
1994 Fullsize Bronco ~ 4 Inches - 33's - Flowmaster - K&N - Optima Redtop
BlazenXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #64
MFLiP04

My Ride: E46 M3
Quick question...

My parents purchased the bmw at BMW of Arlington. We've been getting all our service from there as well. My clutch gave out on me and was towed to BMW of Fairfax (that was the closest location). They are charging my parents $2300-$2500 to replace it because it was "abused". Now to my question, would the price be different if it was taken to BMW of Arlington since we're loyal customers to them? (Parents bought a bmw in 2000 and in 2004)

I have a feeling that BMW of Fairfax is trying to take our money since we don't take our car to their shop. Any advice/tips/info would be great.
MFLiP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #65
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
absolutely get the car to the dealer you have already spent money with...

GL getting it replaced, i'd ask for the proof that this was abused and not a failure.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #66
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
agreed - you will likely have a better chance at a dealer that knows you will likely be back to buy another new car or multiple from them
Old 10-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #67
MFLiP04

My Ride: E46 M3
I wanted to have the car towed to bmw of arlington, but the car was disassembled at the shop for the diagnostics. they were going to charge $2300 to have it re assembled without fixing it in order for me to bring it to arlington, so that blowed. however, fairfax was able to give us a pretty good deal. $1700 for whole clutch replacement along with other diagnostics.

thanks for the info guys!
MFLiP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #68
extassy

My Ride: 2006 ///M
Daniels BMW, Allentown.

Excellent service, and great customer service. The facility is like no other BMW dealership I've ever seen (Lounge, Children playroom, Client Workstations, Beverage room etc) and I've been to many other dealership from Connecticut, NYC, New Jersey, Westchester, NY, Long Island, NY.

I called for appointment on Tuesday for 12,000 miles service, and Dinan differential oils service... and got a spot the next morning.

I have software recall, but I told them that I do not want to have the recall because I have aftermarket software... and they were ok with that.

This dealership is mod friendly (LOL I have nitrous bottle on my trunk), and I would recommend any BMW owner who mods their car (ir not) to check this BMW facility... I guarantee that you won't regret it!!
2008 Jeep GC SRT-8 (Stock) ;)

Previous cars:

2002 BMW ///M3 (Some Mods)
2000 Dinan Z3 (Modded)
1998 BMW 328i (Stock)
2005 VW GTi (Stock)
extassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 AM   #69
kellen45

My Ride: 323ci
VOB is garbage......took my car there for bodywork. Did a less than mediocre job and had to leave it there for another 2 days (granted they rented me a chevy cobalt from enterprise to make up for their crappy workmanship). I consider VOB the most ghetto BMW dealorship on the east coast..and it has lived up to that expectation for me.
kellen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #70
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
to Passport BMW

best pricing in the area for extended maintenance..
they only wanted MSRP unlike all the others who were $300-500 over
Old 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #71
QcSlv1

My Ride: N/A
My $0.02 worth from personal experience..

BMW of Arlington
BMW of Sterling
BMW of Midlothian
QcSlv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #72
kmazz
NEPA crew

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by extassy View Post
Daniels BMW, Allentown.

Excellent service, and great customer service. The facility is like no other BMW dealership I've ever seen (Lounge, Children playroom, Client Workstations, Beverage room etc) and I've been to many other dealership from Connecticut, NYC, New Jersey, Westchester, NY, Long Island, NY.

I called for appointment on Tuesday for 12,000 miles service, and Dinan differential oils service... and got a spot the next morning.

I have software recall, but I told them that I do not want to have the recall because I have aftermarket software... and they were ok with that.

This dealership is mod friendly (LOL I have nitrous bottle on my trunk), and I would recommend any BMW owner who mods their car (ir not) to check this BMW facility... I guarantee that you won't regret it!!

Another great shop near allentown is JCL Automotive in Hellertown,PA. They are a bmw indie shop and are pretty much amazing. Chris from JCL has very very fair pricing. They not only know their stuff but they always take care of you also
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #73
323power

My Ride: '11 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by extassy View Post
Daniels BMW, Allentown.

I'd have to say otherwise, but I've seen that dealership from the inside. I would NOT trust my car there after I saw how the tech's drive the cars around. Stay away! Daniels is 10 minutes from my house, but I drive the 50 minutes to buy/service from Thompson BMW in Doylestown. Better pricing and MUCH more inventory. When I went to get my E90, Daniels did not have ONE E90 330i on the lot to test drive. Went to Thompson, they had 20.

When you're out of warranty, goto JCL Automotive in Hellertown.

323power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #74
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
had a great experience reprogramming keys at BMW Fairfax today...I was in and out in about 5 minutes, no charge
Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #75
ea-sport

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
had a great experience reprogramming keys at BMW Fairfax today...I was in and out in about 5 minutes, no charge
I wish I can say the same thing about BMW Fairfax. I had idle problem (idle dips when I hit the clutch during low speed i.e. approaching traffic light or pulling into a parking spot) with no error code. They proposed changing the idle control valve and intake boot "based on their experience", I said okay, they replaced the idle control valve and intake boot, I picked up the car and the problem was still there. The rpm dropped and the engine stalled at the first traffic light after I got off 495 when I picked up the car .

I bought my car used but based on the receipts that I received from the previous owner my car had always been serviced at BMW Fairfax, that's the only reason why I took it there.

I had pre-purchase inspection at J&F and attended an NCCBMWCCA DIY event there and the people there seemed to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

I also took my car several times to Martin Motorsports since it's the closest one to my home, kind of so-so experience. I may take my car to J&F next time I need any major work done. I try to do the maintenance work myself to keep repair and maintenance cost low
ea-sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #76
330i ZHP

Arlington BMW and BMW CPO - Kudo's

gotta love CPO - on the Touring

They are replacing the valve cover gasket (smell oil and smoking when hot), right headlight ballast and ignitor (wouldn't always ignite on first try), rear wiper/reservoir pump (makes the pump noise but no fluid comes out to back window), resetting the airbag light (i set off), turning off the DRLs, replacing the idler pulley (squeaks), and replacing the thermostat, waterpump and expansion tank (car never comes up to temp and blows cold air for about 30min - even in traffic and CEL for code P0128)

And giving me a credit for the battery i replaced (since it would have been covered under the CPO)

They are also going to reset the airbag light on the sedan for free(again, same day, stupid me...started both cars while the steering wheel airbag wasn't attached.)
Old 01-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #77
Ultim8-One

My Ride: 2006 Carbon Black M3
Richmond BMW - Broad St.

Added per the request of simaima325:

Prelude: I had my drivers side M3 grill stolen .... apparently by some BIG jerk ... and resorted to letting the dealership replace it for me since my M3 was in for its Inspection I .....

From my original thread:
Just an FYI ..... I took my M3 in for the Inspection I, to get the side grill replaced, and to have the aluminum trim on the driver side door handle replaced (it was scratched up when I bought the car) and the dealer covered everything under the factory warranty. Richmond BMW on Broad St. is really the best ..... Thanks Tim !!
Ultim8-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #78
330i ZHP

WOW - i just received 57 emails from E46fan for your single post - wtf
Old 01-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #79
Ultim8-One

My Ride: 2006 Carbon Black M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
WOW - i just received 57 emails from E46fan for your single post - wtf

sorry ... must be a network issue here .... maybe I should call the network engineers here and get them to look into it ?? Oh wait ... that's me ... never mind .. it was a server problem !!
Ultim8-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #80
6-speed

My Ride: E21 > E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
to Passport BMW

best pricing in the area for extended maintenance..
they only wanted MSRP unlike all the others who were $300-500 over

+10 just had my car there for somethings...plus i got the hook up...My dad and little brother work there...
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote