E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #81
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Site was lagging for a few min, lots of users on. Better now
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #82
323power

My Ride: '11 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Site was lagging for a few min, lots of users on. Better now
Another praise of JCL Automotive in Hellertown, PA from me. Took my car there for PA State Inspection + new control arms. They only charge $80/hr for labor, and they're really good about charging for only the time they work. Not like a dealership does (book time). They charged me for 1 hr of labor for replacing the control arms, not 5 like a dealer wood. $80 of labor to replace the arms+bushings? The time I would spend changing them is worth $80.

Top notch shop, great service, cheap, and FAST. They found some additional small things (bad belt, and i had complained of a noise while idling, turns out bad tensioner pulley), and it was done in <2 hours. Chris is FTW

323power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #83
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

^ really!!!! now i know where to go for CA and CABs without sitting under the car for 5 hrs!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #84
323power

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
^ really!!!! now i know where to go for CA and CABs without sitting under the car for 5 hrs!

Yaaa.....he said sometimes they have problems getting them out...then it would be $100, but if they're no prob, $80.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #85
kmazz
NEPA crew

My Ride: 323ci
And this is why I let everyone I know with a bmw about JCL. Chris is a great guy and his employee's know their stuff
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #86
323power

They also gave mad propz to TommyG @ JMK for an unbelievable job on my subframe repair...they said it looks perfect.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #87
Superhiro

My Ride: 2006 330ci ZHP
It's been a while, but I have had a few very good experiences at BMW of Fairfax. When I first bought my car ~1 1/2 years ago I was told they were one of the better dealers in the area, and I decided to go there for my maintenance/service needs. (FYI: I do have the maintenance package but am not 100% sure of what is under it's umbrella of coverage)

My first visit there was for an oil change. All went well and I was given a BMW loaner instead of an Enterprise car. Free of charge.

Visit two was to replace my rearview mirror. It was accidentally knocked off the windshield and they replaced it for free. I was also given a BMW loaner on this occasion. Free of charge.

Visit three was to replace a sideskirt that was ripped off on an awful pothole in DC. Free of charge.

Visit four came a week after a small incident that left my car with a vibration from the front drivers side wheel. After 2 visits and a drive around the block with the service manager. He guessed it to be a bad wheel bearing and had it replaced in 3 hours that same Saturday. Again, free of charge.

I'm not sure if all those things are generally covered under the maintenance plan but regardless the service, and timeliness of the work done was outstanding.
Superhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #88
2001BMW330xi

My Ride: Jeep
Send a message via AIM to 2001BMW330xi
wow - im surprised about the sideskirt being free of charge - from the dealership standpoint isn't that sort of an accident that they're not liable for? Regardless - who's your contact at Fairfax - the M5 is about to go in for the first annual service (the SA that took care of the 1200 mile service is gone now) and I'd love to get some good treatment like you're describing. I like the new service center a lot, they did a good job with that.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #89
Superhiro

My Ride: 2006 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001BMW330xi View Post
wow - im surprised about the sideskirt being free of charge - from the dealership standpoint isn't that sort of an accident that they're not liable for? Regardless - who's your contact at Fairfax - the M5 is about to go in for the first annual service (the SA that took care of the 1200 mile service is gone now) and I'd love to get some good treatment like you're describing. I like the new service center a lot, they did a good job with that.
Yeah I was surprised about the wheel bearing too. The incident that put a flat spot on it that caused the vibrating began with me doing a 360 into a curb.....

I totally agree with you on the new service center. It's VERY NICE, and it makes the waiting area at BMW of Arlington seem so dirty and dingy.

In the last few months I've been going to BMW of Arlington... it's much more convenient since it's on my drive to work. I don't remember the service advisor's name offhand, but I should have the service record or his business card at home. I'll take a look and post it up as soon as I find it!
Superhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #90
Racinghart

My Ride: 03 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to Racinghart
Not really a BMW only shop, but i've been taking my car to Mike at The Carlisle Automotive Group in Dulles, VA. Bubbah had recommended this shop to me a year ago and i've had nothing but excellent service from here. They even have a free shuttle service that will take you anywhere within range. The prices are great and like I said the service excellent. Highly recommended.

www.carlisleautogroup.com

703-668-0385

Ask for Mike, tell him Bruce sent ya.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #91
2001BMW330xi

just in case any of you who are still under 21 wanted to know (i know im not the only one), VA state laws changed, and when/if you want to take your car for service at the BMW dealership of your choice, you will be unable to rent a car. In the past, the agreement with enterprise allowed them to rent to drivers under 21 as long as you could verify insurance - that no longer applies.

Trust me, i was there this morning and wasted a lot of time
Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #92
tweedledum925

My Ride: 2008 Audi A4
Send a message via AIM to tweedledum925
I guess that law has been in effect, because when I got my car in 2005, there was still some factory warranty left so I took it to BMW of Fairfax. When I made the appointment on the phone, I was asked if I needed a loaner, and said I would need one. But when I got there, they asked me if I was 21, which I wasn't, so I had to take a cab home (which they said they would reimburse, but in actuality, they tell you to go to the enterprise office "just 5mins down the street" and get reimbursed there). It was a bit of a headache.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #93
2001BMW330xi

that's pretty strange - because I've been able to rent cars every time I've been there except this week, and they said the law was new. Enterprise used to have something called "underage driver form" that was an additional form for under 21 year olds, where they would call your insurance to verify your coverage before loaning the car. I've done it with Enterprise at HBL and BMW of Fairfax.

I rented one using this method from BMW of Fairfax as recent as December '07 and from HBL as recent as November '07 - but apparently all the rules have changed now - they did away with the underage driver form.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #94
323power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001BMW330xi View Post
that's pretty strange - because I've been able to rent cars every time I've been there except this week, and they said the law was new. Enterprise used to have something called "underage driver form" that was an additional form for under 21 year olds, where they would call your insurance to verify your coverage before loaning the car. I've done it with Enterprise at HBL and BMW of Fairfax.

I rented one using this method from BMW of Fairfax as recent as December '07 and from HBL as recent as November '07 - but apparently all the rules have changed now - they did away with the underage driver form.
My local dealership only gives out BMW loaners to 21+...though JMK, in NJ, does 18+, which is nice. I guess they figure there are ALOT of parents that bought their kids BMWs, and don't want to alienate anyone by not giving out loaners. I know I was woried when I went there to pickup a loaner when I was having my subframe replaced, but I looked at the form, and it said you had to be 18+.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #95
323power

Can't say enough good stuff about JCL Automotive. I took my car in at 10:30 this morning to have the thermostat and water pump replaced (requires coolant change) and a to have my oil level sensor replaced (requires oil change). Chris emailed me at 1:30 letting me know the car was done. Awesome work.

I asked about getting my diff swapped, and he said "oh, that's a quick job, should be $80, $100 tops". It's nice that they only charge $80/hr and they only charge for the exact time they spend on the car. Not like dealerships.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #96
neil22

My Ride: 330ci ZHP, E28 535is
Went to Passport to check out my ZHP Vanos rattle (They replaced the seals ...surprise surprise) they also fixed my door handle with me asking. Glad to see they took initiative. In addition to my windshield squirters. All in one day's time. I was pretty pleased.

I also went to Arlington BMW to get an oil change, have my AC fixed (leaky hose) and wipers replaced. Took one days time and they gave me a rental overnight.

Overall I was pleased with both places. My preference is with Passport tho. They work fassssssst.
neil22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #97
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323power View Post
Can't say enough good stuff about JCL Automotive. I took my car in at 10:30 this morning to have the thermostat and water pump replaced (requires coolant change) and a to have my oil level sensor replaced (requires oil change). Chris emailed me at 1:30 letting me know the car was done. Awesome work.

I asked about getting my diff swapped, and he said "oh, that's a quick job, should be $80, $100 tops". It's nice that they only charge $80/hr and they only charge for the exact time they spend on the car. Not like dealerships.
I concur, I got my CABs replaced for $40 and got a good alignment for $100.

Spent time diagnosing another issue and wasn't even charged. Chris at JCL Automotive FTMFWWWWWWWW!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #98
guest131

My Ride: Ford Pinto
F BMW of Fairfax.. Service inspection takes 3 hours? I was in there at 12:30 and I am out 3:40?? I was the first one there in their fast lane and the last one out. Then they tried to be nice and give me a car wash but turns out they installed the coverings wrong and everything fogged up in my right headlight and blinker...gave them a piece of my mind they apologized and said my next oil change is free..GREAT!
guest131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #99
John_Peters

My Ride: 2001 325i
I had a significant amount of work done by RRT last week and am very pleased

Todd was a great guy to work with and their prices were great. I'm definately taking my car back to them for all future maint/repairs.
John_Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #100
zx5rider

My Ride: 03 M3 , 03 TT 330,
Send a message via AIM to zx5rider
VA Beach BMW is the worst of them all DONT ever go there horrible service

'03 330 Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo. (Parting out)
'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
zx5rider is offline   Reply With Quote