E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 10:52 PM   #21
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amil
yeap it was a nail, but i was going at a 120 mph when the tire went out, so it let out a lot of smoke....and part of the tire came out

and yes i called roadside but i was still stuck in OC with no car, no car rental and no ride home..(except a 100 dollar cab fare).it was a pretty shitty night so i got wasted and took my cab...

kinda funny this **** only happens to me going to OC
Amil just curious - are there a lot of people posting on e90fanatics? or is everyone whose anyone on e46fanatics?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #22
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

My Ride: 04 Range Rover 07 A4
Send a message via AIM to Amil Send a message via MSN to Amil Send a message via Yahoo to Amil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim Growl
At those speeds, I think experiencing a blowout and not damaging the car, yourself, or some innocent people is a true testament to BMW engineering.

Thank your lucky stars, guy.
120? thats not that fast..
Old 07-29-2005, 01:12 AM   #23
Bim Growl
Banned

My Ride: E86 3.2
Quote:
120? thats not that fast..
Relatively, no, but then safely, yes it is.
Bim Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #24
CtrlAltDel
www.piratecove.org

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
Send a message via ICQ to CtrlAltDel Send a message via AIM to CtrlAltDel
run flats work great, just strong sidewalls that let you drive on them...nascar tires are run flat tires too

they are different then self inflating tires which is what you'd think would be on an ///M car...but who knows when that will happen, h3ll hummer has them why cant we
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #25
B8888KC

My Ride: Old fart E46 sedan
If you don't like runflat tires, I guess the best solution for you is to change your wheels, so you won't have to deal with runflats anymore. Btw, is there any space for a spare tire in the trunk?
B8888KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #26
CtrlAltDel
www.piratecove.org

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
Send a message via ICQ to CtrlAltDel Send a message via AIM to CtrlAltDel
you could lay one in your trunk but that kills all your trunk space

thats what AAA and BMW roadside are for, call 'em if both of them can't get to you...then you are REALLY fsck'd
Old 07-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #27
titanium beaver

My Ride: 05 330ci & 05 M3
Send a message via AIM to titanium beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nics
Going way too fast when the tire got the nail. I was going 90 and I hit a pothole the wrong way, and it immediately blew out the whole thing. I traveling on just a rim to get off the freeway and to the nearest gas station.

This is what I had left when I got to a complete stop.

A quarter was wider than what I had left.

Granted, my tire is not a runflat, but the tire just basically 'blows up' at speeds as fast as you were going. Just be thankful you and the car ended up okay.

"A Supreme Court in Geaorgia ruled that high school biology teachers were permitted to continue using the term 'evolution' when teaching their classes. However as a compromise, they must now refer to dinosaurs as 'jesus horses'."
titanium beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:16 AM   #28
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium beaver
Exactly. Amir, seriously, just be gald you were on run flats at 120. You'd need to replace a hell of a lot more than you do now.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:39 AM   #29
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
u should have raped the warranty benifits. they(bmw) would have paid for ur transport, food, lodging and everything. that would have taught them to put a spare in the trunk.

-Sardar
///MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #30
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar
u should have raped the warranty benifits. they(bmw) would have paid for ur transport, food, lodging and everything. that would have taught them to put a spare in the trunk.

-Sardar
Old 07-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #31
Nics

My Ride: Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium beaver
Yeah, I was quite lucky. Although I must admit that OEM wheels are strong as hell because I rode on that for quite a while (I was stuck on an interchange/mix of freeways and I was not about to get stranded where cars do go 90+). I had it checked out and it's still straight and I put it back on the car just fine. My car for the most part is okay but I do have some vibrations coming to stop (might be control arms, don't know). I learned my lesson the hard way.
Nics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #32
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

Send a message via AIM to Amil Send a message via MSN to Amil Send a message via Yahoo to Amil
Quote:

-Sardar
i tried...they had told me that i have to make a reimbursement claim but i would be denyed because it was a tire...
Old 07-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #33
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
Quote:
i tried...they had told me that i have to make a reimbursement claim but i would be denyed because it was a tire...
ouch! that sux, they harsh hype up the warranty coverage and customer "care"

and Bim Growl mybe you should read this book called the manual that comes with your car then you will understand is going on.
///MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #34
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
ouch! that sux, they harsh hype up the warranty coverage and customer "care"

and Bim Growl mybe you should read this book called the manual that comes with your car then you will understand is going on.
A blown tire, whether it's run-flat or not, is NOT a warranty issue. First, this is considered "wear and tear", which the warranty doesn't cover, and secondly, add the fact that he was imroperly and illegally using the car at the time, and good luck getting even a dime out of BMW.

Believe me, I've read the manual, and I know these cars better than you ever could hope to, you little shit.

Don't dare talk down to me. If you want to match wits about the E46 chassis, then meet me in the Members forum for a friendly debate/quiz session. Oh but wait, you aren't even a member, you don't even support this site. Loser...
Old 07-30-2005, 10:39 PM   #35
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim Growl
A blown tire, whether it's run-flat or not, is NOT a warranty issue. First, this is considered "wear and tear", which the warranty doesn't cover, and secondly, add the fact that he was imroperly and illegally using the car at the time, and good luck getting even a dime out of BMW.

Believe me, I've read the manual, and I know these cars better than you ever could hope to, you little shit.

Don't dare talk down to me. If you want to match wits about the E46 chassis, then meet me in the Members forum for a friendly debate/quiz session. Oh but wait, you aren't even a member, you don't even support this site. Loser...
please dont bring your negative attitude to my thread...
Old 07-31-2005, 12:08 AM   #36
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
please dont bring your negative attitude to my thread...
...which is why I asked him if we could pick this up in another thread specifically for the purpose.

Excuse me.