E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 PM   #201
gjeldubbimmer

My Ride: has a childseat coco
same here, either I get a nice spot besides a nice or nicer vehicle, a spot were its the end spot ha ha.

Note: I used to have those nice runners until my wife told to me take it off because its too slippery he he
gjeldubbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #202
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
I'm always scared to park in the spot with the cement curb right next to it even though i do anyway. like 4 or 5 years ago i was with my dad and he was driving an SLK at the time which is pretty low with a rather low hanging side skirt. Anyway he parked very close to the cement curb in a parking lot as to not get any doors opened into the passenger side which didn't happen though when he was backing out did not judge how wide the curb actually was while backing out and scraped the bottom of the skirt really really bad
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #203
Kimo

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken@Modbargains
How protective are you of your car in parking lots?

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken
My wife uses these bumpers every day on her new e90 -- seriously.
On her black car, they're actually quite discreet. She had them made without the logo decal, so they blend in with the sapphire black pretty well.

http://www.doordefender.com
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #204
Kris325xi

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo
My wife uses these bumpers every day on her new e90 -- seriously.
On her black car, they're actually quite discreet. She had them made without the logo decal, so they blend in with the sapphire black pretty well.

http://www.doordefender.com
Those look neat, neat enough someone might steal them for their car. Or they take them off and then open their door into the car still.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #205
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
lol...I love how this thread is like 7 months old, has over 200 replies, and now gets moved to another forum....and one that no one ever looks at.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #206
Chris Corney

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to Chris Corney
i keep my car close to nice cars and not POS that people dont care about
Chris Corney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #207
Makakio

My Ride: 03 325i sport
No question for this tubby bitch...

That frickin' tool Jared can eat his 6 grams of fat or less Subway sandwiches. I'll just park farther away and walk.
Makakio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #208
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakio
That frickin' tool Jared can eat his 6 grams of fat or less Subway sandwiches. I'll just park farther away and walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #209
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
Right after i pulled into my spot at the doctor today some minivan decides to come right next to me and back his car in. I mean common i swear he was gonna take my mirror off and then when he opened his door he opened it so hard i thought it was gonna hit my car while i was sitting in it. Luckily he didn't cause i would have gone ape shit.
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #210
Micro64
ACM3

My Ride: IRed/IRed M3

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

*I wouldn't park near the carts or cart collection first place. I saw people push their cart far away improperly then jumped in the car. The cart rolled back and hit their car while they were backing up.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

*This is dangerous with deep lip rims. Just 2 weeks ago I finally curbed my rim trying to park closer to the edge of the curb.. I was like...

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

*I always park the way that is hardest for me to get out of the vehicle (less room or closer to wall) To minimizes dings from other cars.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

*This is a funny one haha.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

*I HATE stoppers for cars like mine. My front bumper will hit the curb. Yet if i dont park close enough my rear willb e sticking out more and easier to get hit by stupid drivers. So i hate those stoppers but i understnad how many americans dont stop their car until they hit the stopper (No matter what car they are driving). darn idiots.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

*This is necessary when you park in bad areas.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

*Yeah that is right but dont over do it or they may ding your door when they come back.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

*All we can do is to minimize the chance and we still have to count on our luck cos anything can happen!!

SOLD!
Micro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #211
Greg325

My Ride: 2002 325ti
You guys should see the size of parking spots here in Europe. I can't understand who with a sane mind can design them so narrow. Some stores have super small spaces (I guess to maximize the # of customers).

My car used to be mint but last weekend instead of all the crap cars I chose a new-looking X3 to park next to (thinking he cares about his car). Well guess what, I come out of the store, X3 is gone, left is a f****in huge dent on my door!

I used to have an SUV before my e46 and I regularly took TWO spots without a second thought. Because people see it's big and they kinda understand. Worked well.

Now, with the e46 being a normal sized car I didn't want to piss people off by taking two. After last week's incident I said fuck it I'm not gonna do a favor to all these as*****s and will keep on double parking.

I park far away and make sure there are enough spaces left.

Greg
Greg325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #212
ikeupinya
Stay modded my friends!!!

My Ride: shalt not be riced!!
I Believe you Greg325! I used to visit my cousins in Zuerich all the time and I noticed the narrow parking spaces and streets. Only saw I SUV once there: During the Street Parade 2003, a yellow hummer...
Old 04-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #213
nevin

My Ride: 08 AA m3
Don't know how off topic this thread got (i only read the first two posts) but listen it this. I was on south street, philly a few days ago and it's not easy to find a space so this is how i saw someone park.

First off he has a huge truck, second he's trying to parallel into a space he doesn't fit in. He pulls past the spot and starts to back up. However he doesn't stop until he bumps the car behind him. Then pulls forward until he bumps the car in front of him. Does this about 4-5 times to each car until he finally gets in the space. As a result, both his front and rear bumpers are resting on the other cars. How pissed would you be! i was mad and they werent even my cars.
Get out of the pool. It's adult swim time, and you are in way over your head...
nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #214
Nico3k
The R1 makes it fun

My Ride: Yamaha R1 + 325i
After getting my rear bumper smashed 3 times at school... I park in the middle of nowhere and walk like 1/4 mile to class
Old 06-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #215
3thirtyseeI

My Ride: Topaz 330
im juss new to the game here... and i still do that stuff...when i park at the nearest white castle or w/e it maybe i park in the same spot, if that spots not there, new restaurant we go.... i must see wats goin on around me car
3thirtyseeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #216
yorieth

My Ride: 04 M3 Baby!!
hey guys long time reader first time i post..anyways since were on the subject i found this online i thought you guys might get a kick ouf of this..print some of these out and place it on the A**holes car that decides to park near you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1144347084139.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	184385  
yorieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #217
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin
Don't know how off topic this thread got (i only read the first two posts) but listen it this. I was on south street, philly a few days ago and it's not easy to find a space so this is how i saw someone park.

First off he has a huge truck, second he's trying to parallel into a space he doesn't fit in. He pulls past the spot and starts to back up. However he doesn't stop until he bumps the car behind him. Then pulls forward until he bumps the car in front of him. Does this about 4-5 times to each car until he finally gets in the space. As a result, both his front and rear bumpers are resting on the other cars. How pissed would you be! i was mad and they werent even my cars.
there was this ghetto ass black guy that parked his toyota and pushed my back bumper twice. right in front of my house. i didnt say anything for fear that he'll throw a brick through my window. i wanted to get out and shove a bat in his tailpipe but he was working construction across the street....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #218
Da1UNv

My Ride: 2003 GPW S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhype
there was this ghetto ass black guy that parked his toyota and pushed my back bumper twice. right in front of my house. i didnt say anything for fear that he'll throw a brick through my window. i wanted to get out and shove a bat in his tailpipe but he was working construction across the street....
Not cool man! Should've thrown a few sugar cubes in his tank. I don't use the word "hate" too often, but I HATE when ppl don't have respect for other ppl's property. Have some class!

2003.5 Carbon Black ///M3 SMG - Imola Interior - Sold!

Old 10-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #219
npc4

My Ride: 2001 320ci
Well better late than never.

I park miles away.
I never park next to another car if I can help it, end to end is better than side by side.
No food in the car. Put takeout in the little well that's inside the trunk which means no food smells in the car, if it spills, no stains in the car.
I open the door for the passenger, they think you're being polite but really I'm stopping them from putting their hands on the window and slamming the door too hard.
Before they swing their feet into the car, tell them to do what Dorothy does and click their heals together three times and say I want to go home!

I proud to be associated with you guys',thanks for the other tips.

2001 320ci
Perth.
Western Australia.
npc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #220
pimpnaintez

My Ride: 2002 325i
I should have read this post earlier. I washed my car a couple of days ago and no ding. Today I went to walmart and guess what i noticed, a huge ding by the gas cover on the top right corner. SOB. How can people carelessly do that to someone else's car.

By the way, how much does it cost to get rid of dings usually?
pimpnaintez is offline   Reply With Quote