E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #61
bmw325i

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
I hear you...
bmw325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #62
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
I forgot to mention. One of the biggest things that bugs me is when people are standing waaaay too close to my car. Or if they're staring at it. It makes me nervous.
one time i was at in-n-out sitting outside eating and all these fob guys in f'ed up integras and such pull up and they all walk RIGHT by my car and one runs his fingers across the hood of my car and i stand up real quick and was like "hey man are you ****ing retarded?" and he was like "uhh what man" and i was like "are you brain dead? you just ran your fingers across my car, MY car, does it look like an integra? no. pay attention." then he just walked away looking very distraught.

Last edited by imolazhp_ci; 08-09-2005 at 12:03 PM.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #63
stunymtae

My Ride: 330ci
You guys just made me feel a lot better, I thought I was being a little bit*h about parking far. People that ride with me just donít understand why I park so far, but it just hurts to see a beautiful car with fu*kn dent...
Old 08-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #64
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
****! I was just at Walmart and I parked far away from everyone else, and when I come out, there's this shitty Accord parked right next to me. ARG! WHY!?!?!?!?

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #65
TwoE46s

My Ride: Dinan 330ci & 325it
So what's all this about - isn't parking out of the way "normal" for anyone with nice cars??!! I do have to admit the washing the hands thing is a little wierd though......... Even my wife considers this standard procedure.

And, when I have to travel by air, I make my flights out first thing in the morning so I can be sure to find a prime parking place at the airport........... Airports are THE worst place to park.

A funny note - when we were on vaca in the spring driving around in a rental Senseless Useless Vehicle, my wife noted how nice it was just to pull into the most convienient parking space and walk away. It was funny, but, it was a bit of a jab at the daily expectations of driving our E46s!
17X8 BBS RXs & 225/45 Toyo Proxes 4s
Coupe:(sold)
Dinan "S" plus Throttle Body & Stg 3 Software
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension
UUC Shifter
UUC Underdrive Pulleys
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on factory M Double Spoke 68s
Track Stuff - 17X8 OZ SuperLeggeras & 235/40 Toyo RA1s; Shroth Harnesses
TwoE46s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #66
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoE46s
So what's all this about - isn't parking out of the way "normal" for anyone with nice cars??!! I do have to admit the washing the hands thing is a little wierd though......... Even my wife considers this standard procedure.

And, when I have to travel by air, I make my flights out first thing in the morning so I can be sure to find a prime parking place at the airport........... Airports are THE worst place to park.

A funny note - when we were on vaca in the spring driving around in a rental Senseless Useless Vehicle, my wife noted how nice it was just to pull into the most convienient parking space and walk away. It was funny, but, it was a bit of a jab at the daily expectations of driving our E46s!
Hahaha, I'm glad your wife is understanding of it. My ex used to yell at me and call me "obsessed" with my car. She would make me drop her off in front of the building before I went off and parked. In hindsight....what a *****.

-Ken
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #67
TwoE46s

My Ride: Dinan 330ci & 325it
Quote:
Hahaha, I'm glad your wife is understanding of it. My ex used to yell at me and call me "obsessed" with my car. She would make me drop her off in front of the building before I went off and parked. In hindsight....what a *****.

-Ken
Oh, I get called "obsessed" all right, but, she's learned to live with it..... And, just to show I am understanding, there are times when it's going to be a challenge to find a good spot, that I do drop her off!
17X8 BBS RXs & 225/45 Toyo Proxes 4s
Coupe:(sold)
Dinan "S" plus Throttle Body & Stg 3 Software
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension
UUC Shifter
UUC Underdrive Pulleys
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on factory M Double Spoke 68s
Track Stuff - 17X8 OZ SuperLeggeras & 235/40 Toyo RA1s; Shroth Harnesses
TwoE46s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #68
guest1017
Banned

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to guest1017
last night i was in a shopping center parking lot.. i walk out to see a kid knocking on my roof as he was walking past my car.. he was with some girl so i made sure i made him look like a idiot.. so i said wtf you doing to my car? hes like nothing... im like you touch my car again ill beat the living **** out of you.. he just walks away
guest1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #69
sigep

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I am the same way.....my wife gets very angry with me when I park my car far away when we go shopping. But you know I would not have to do this if people were careful when they open their door. It seems like some people can't stand for people to have nice things and they have to mess and scratch our cars.

Quote:
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken
sigep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #70
kpeng
Banned User

Ah, my fellow E46 brothers, I feel your pain.

-Ken
Old 08-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #71
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
I feel right at home here
Truly the only people that understand
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #72
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamon
I feel right at home here
Truly the only people that understand
It's pain only we understand.

-Ken
Old 08-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #73
bluecougar
A bimmer chick moderator :)

My Ride: MB & LR3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoE46s
Oh, I get called "obsessed" all right...
same here
Old 08-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #74
xxstevemxx

My Ride: e46 323i coupe
god how relieved i feel now!!!! people tell me im obsessed with my car i know now im not and there are people out there feeling just like me RESPECT TO YOU ALL
xxstevemxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #75
tdevil

My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
wow my fellow brethren

i get scared shitless when i see high schoolers walk by my car. my gf gets annoyed at that so i have make sure i sit in a good spot at a resturant so i can pretend to stare at her but keep an eye on the car at the same time.

i need to carry something in the trunk to beat down people who touch the car. im worried that my airsoft rifle will be too much though, maybe just use the bmw toolkit heh.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #76
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevil
wow my fellow brethren

i get scared shitless when i see high schoolers walk by my car. my gf gets annoyed at that so i have make sure i sit in a good spot at a resturant so i can pretend to stare at her but keep an eye on the car at the same time.

i need to carry something in the trunk to beat down people who touch the car. im worried that my airsoft rifle will be too much though, maybe just use the bmw toolkit heh.
Haha. I feel you on that one.

It's funny, when we go into a restaurant, I want to sit by the window to see my car but my ex would always get mad at me for it. So I would try and make up bullshit reasons to sit there. Like "oh, I like the light from the window" or "nah, I like booths". Otherwise, she'd call me obsessed and fume at me for the rest of the day until I take her shopping.

-Ken
Old 08-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #77
kpeng
Banned User

BAH! I was sitting at KFC today and some lady was walking around my car looking at it. Then her husband (I presume) yelled at her and she walked away. I thought it was pretty funny.

-Ken
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #78
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCxZeRo
last night i was in a shopping center parking lot.. i walk out to see a kid knocking on my roof as he was walking past my car.. he was with some girl so i made sure i made him look like a idiot.. so i said wtf you doing to my car? hes like nothing... im like you touch my car again ill beat the living **** out of you.. he just walks away
that would piss me off real good. why touch another persons car in the first place?

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #79
CSLM3
Banned

My Ride: PYM3
You guys all have an obsession! but then again I'm just like you guys.
CSLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #80
kpeng
Banned User

:-D

-ken