E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #81
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
:-D

-ken
wow - made it through all 4 pages...

u guys are freaks! and so am I!

**** i thought i was the only paranoid person

i totally park away from other cars - what i also do as a technique from door dings - AT WORK i park as close as possible to the coworkers passenger door - why? because they came to work alone - no passenger door movement - and this gives more than ample room for the next car parking next to u to swing his door.

NOW what i hate is people with their multiple keys dangling as they are walking to their cars - i have a graze mark from this -

so classic to hear we give the STARE as they close the coupe door. ive had many people close it by the glass because they didnt know better. no more

also people - if u dont have one - get one for some piece of mind or ur alarm is useless - ShOCK SENSOR!

nuff said

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #82
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
The parking to the passenger side technique only works well at places like work. In any other setting, it wouldn't work. You also have to take into account how well the person is parked. If you park too close, they can graze your car while backing out.

Another factor to take into account is the side of the door. Usually, you want to stay away from parking close to the passenger side of an SUV, truck, or coupe.

God I'm bored....

....should of went to Summerblaze.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #83
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
I park at far ends of lots and hug the curb as much as possible... I find that even if people do park next to you, if you hug the curb they really can't park close enough to hit ur door when they open theirs....

I still hate valets though and hope that all valet attendants (minus a few) spontaneously combust after having monkeys climb out their butt

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #84
kpeng
Banned User

Valeting a car = no no

-Ken
Old 08-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #85
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Valeting a car = no no

-Ken
ken u own this thread respond to every response

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #86
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Valeting a car = no no

-Ken
Don't have a choice

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:04 PM   #87
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionsok
ken u own this thread respond to every response
I did start it

-Ken
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #88
Bailey228

My Ride: 99 323i Alpine White
Quote:
DAMN! I HATE that. This one time, I parked far out there in the middle of the nowhere with no one around me. When I came back out of the store, there was a giant GMC truck parked RIGHT next to me. Of all the spots he could of parked in. To make it worse, his car was parked about 5 inches from my car, and he left me a nice sized ding too. So I keyed his car I know, it was a douchebag move, but the guy really really deserved it.

-Ken
Ok, I can top that one....

I'm in a restaurant one day, and like it's been said here before, seated at a window where I could watch my car. It's a big-a$$ parking lot with a hundred spots people can park far away from mine.

So I wolfing down an egg-roll and what do I see... the biggest damned SUV trying to back into a spot right next to mine! I'm not an aggressive person, and I've never before actually threatened somone - but I lost it - ran out of the restaurant to rip this guy a new opening to purge himself thru.

When I walk up to this turd, it turns out to be a 60 year old woman teaching her GRANDAUGHTER how to park a car before her big driving test. What could I say??

I drove my car to the other side of the lot and 'borrowed' two grocery carts from the neighbouring grocery store. I took them over to the pre-tested teen and told her and her grandmother to practice parking between the carts as opposed to putting someone's pride-and-joy in harms way.

Human nature never ceases to amaze.

P.S. I went back to the resaurant - paid my bill and left without finishing. Had kinda lost my appatite by that time.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #89
cncmastr
Carbon Fiber Airbox

My Ride: E30 / E46 / E53
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr Send a message via MSN to cncmastr
That happed to me at work. I parked my car in a corner area. The only car there. And one of the engineer's took her driving lessons in our parking lot. She was practicing parallel parking with my car. People were looking out the window laughing and someone called me to let me know that I should move my car. So I ran outside, put the key fob up to my chin to open the car doors. And they stoped parking for a second and looked at me strangely. I got in the car and quickly moved it to the other side of the lot. I was so pissed off.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 PM   #90
kpeng
Banned User

wow, that's totally psycho.

Bailey- wtf is wrong with those people? geez....I seriously think there are some really retarded people out there who shouldn't be behind a wheel.

cncmastr- random, but you should pay a couple monster truck drivers to practica parallel parking by her car.

-Ken
Old 08-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #91
04ImolaZHP

My Ride: S65
i am anal as hell when it comes to parking as well (unless i have no choice). but at work we have ample parking and i usually take two spots. two weeks ago, i kinda parked on the line of the two spots - hence i did not take up to spots. a couple of hours later i noticed a car that was awfully close to mine and go to check it out - what do i see? this jackass is parked right int he spot next to mine (the tight spot not the bigger one) and to top it off with his driver's side door next to my car. i wanted to kill him. there was ample parking all over the place he did not need to do this!

back of the parking lot it is!
2005 M3 Convertible - Sold
2004 330i ZHP - Sold
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium - Sold
2004 CBR 1000RR - Sold
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - Sold
2005 Range Rover Westminster Edition - Sold
2003 ///M5 - Sold
2002 CBR 600F4i - Sold
2002 Grand Prix - Sold
1993 Nissan Maxima - Traded In
1989 Trans Am GTA - Sold
04ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #92
kpeng
Banned User

It's really one of the great mysteries in life why idiots always have to park RIGHT next to us even though there's plenty of parking around.

-Ken
Old 08-14-2005, 10:48 PM   #93
x5babe

My Ride: wishes it were a 335
Send a message via Yahoo to x5babe
Big to what everybody said.......now I dun feel so

Plus I always do the "walk around" to inspect for any dents when I get back to my car......if a car has parked suspiciously close to me, I always try to match up the angle of how their car door would have swung open just to see if there are any scratches in that area of my car ........That's why I always try to keep my car spotless so I can see any dents right away (holding my breath....no dings yet )

Silly sig courtesy of Flin Flon citizen Rovert

For Sale: $28,900 or obo CAD
x5babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:50 PM   #94
kpeng
Banned User

THE WALKAROUND! YES! I forgot about that. I just did it today actually. It's the worst when you park in a lot without those stopper things, I'm always paranoid of some ass in a car with no view of the front bumper (Firebirds for example) will hit my car.

So we've got The Walkaround, and The Stare, lol.

-Ken
Old 08-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #95
AwesomeBMW

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i Sport
Send a message via AIM to AwesomeBMW
HAHA that is so me finally i meet more people as anal as i am, i actually told one lady in a target shopping center who was getting into her car and she almost hit mine and didnt even care i told her i was gonna run her dumb hick ass over and then shoot her if she didnt apologize and respect other peoples vehicles and HAHA she actually apologized

Click here to see Video
THE NEXT BIG THING TO HIT RACING ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! HAHA
AwesomeBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #96
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBMW
HAHA that is so me finally i meet more people as anal as i am, i actually told one lady in a target shopping center who was getting into her car and she almost hit mine and didnt even care i told her i was gonna run her dumb hick ass over and then shoot her if she didnt apologize and respect other peoples vehicles and HAHA she actually apologized
Ah, I believe I will call the "The Threatening"

So we have The Stare, The Walkaround, and The Threatening.

We are armed and dangerous *****es. Don't **** with the bimmys.

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 04:43 AM   #97
jordan3054

My Ride: 318Ci
Quote:
Ah, I believe I will call the "The Threatening"

So we have The Stare, The Walkaround, and The Threatening.

We are armed and dangerous *****es. Don't **** with the bimmys.

-Ken
YES !!!!I am not crazy after all!!! My friends tell me I am stupid for being so paranoid, doing the walkround etc...........but good to know I am not the only so called "stupid" person around

Since we're on atories,Someone once sat his 5 year old ON the front my car to pose for a picture, and when I politely asked him to move, he gave me the dirtiest look, as if to say who the F*** r u, and ignored my polite request. This guy was pretty huge meathead type guy, maybe a doorman or something so prob thought he could bully me into backing down .I am not normally an "angry" person, but i retrieved a martial arts type stick(tonfa) from under my seat, held it up to him and said a few works of my own, and wasnt so polite this time. He got the hint this time and walked away .............
Not the best thing to do I know but I was so mad.
jordan3054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 AM   #98
Anben G

My Ride: 05 ///M
Extremely!

I hate it when people who park next to you in parking lots etc. fling their doors open and it slams into your car... esp with coupes they dent easy (the part between the door and trunk sections)... it's easy for dents to happen like that... it happend to me once while i was sitting in the car parked at a take out place... i was so pissed off! ... lucky there was no damage! now i am extremely paranoid about leaving my car alone in places like dat i rather use the other cars we have when going to malls, movies, etc.. my friends and family say that i need help! i think i need a 24/7 bouncer 4 my car rather! ;p

Idea! ... instead of parking so far away and walkin... maybe all bimmers should try and park next 2 each other in the parking... cause we know we'll be safe and dent free there!... power in numbers

Quote:
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken

Last edited by anben; 08-15-2005 at 05:58 AM.
Anben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #99
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan3054
YES !!!!I am not crazy after all!!! My friends tell me I am stupid for being so paranoid, doing the walkround etc...........but good to know I am not the only so called "stupid" person around

Since we're on atories,Someone once sat his 5 year old ON the front my car to pose for a picture, and when I politely asked him to move, he gave me the dirtiest look, as if to say who the F*** r u, and ignored my polite request. This guy was pretty huge meathead type guy, maybe a doorman or something so prob thought he could bully me into backing down .I am not normally an "angry" person, but i retrieved a martial arts type stick(tonfa) from under my seat, held it up to him and said a few works of my own, and wasnt so polite this time. He got the hint this time and walked away .............
Not the best thing to do I know but I was so mad.
Wow, you should of gotten in your car and started to drive away with the 5 year old on there.

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #100
jordan3054

My Ride: 318Ci
Quote:
Wow, you should of gotten in your car and started to drive away with the 5 year old on there.

-Ken
yeah and ran his dad over at the same time LOL
Must just be something about me coz someone else in a separate incident stood their kid on the tank of my Bike(Suzuki GSXR) and left a few tiny scratches

Last edited by jordan3054; 08-15-2005 at 07:17 AM.
jordan3054 is offline   Reply With Quote