E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 07:27 AM   #101
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan3054
yeah and ran his dad over at the same time LOL
Must just be something about me coz someone else in a separate incident stood their kid on the tank of my Bike(Suzuki GSXR) and left a few tiny scratches
Why would you EVER put your kid on someone else's car in the first place? That's just plain retarded. Then to act like you were being the douchebag. People these days, I swear.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:51 AM   #102
jordan3054

My Ride: 318Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
Why would you EVER put your kid on someone else's car in the first place? That's just plain retarded. Then to act like you were being the douchebag. People these days, I swear.

-Ken
I Know. Maybe he wanted people around to think it was HIS car
jordan3054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #103
naesb81

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Send a message via AIM to naesb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan3054
I Know. Maybe he wanted people around to think it was HIS car

Holy sh!t, you guys are crazy. It's only a car stop worring so much.
naesb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #104
kpeng
Banned User

What are you? a woman?

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #105
jordan3054

My Ride: 318Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by naesb81
Holy sh!t, you guys are crazy. It's only a car stop worring so much.
who let my girlfriend in disguise onto this forum?
Only messin Naesb(and to my girlfriend too if you ever read this)
jordan3054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM   #106
Raysride

My Ride: 01 330 Dinan Cab.
Lightbulb Hell on our trip to Santa Cruz (via Hwy.1) we stayed at various hotels.

Quote:
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken
My wife about blew it when I moved car numerous times because a better spot came up at hotel !! I even turned off sprinkler head(in case it came on) next to end spot because of hard water spots.My wife couldn't believe I carried a small screw driver in car. It's tough being anal. But betwen rock trucks and Escalades parking next to me ,I was burned out after 4 day trip!!!!!!!
Raysride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #107
bernstem

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
...he left me a nice sized ding too. So I keyed his car...
-Ken
If you want to piss someone off without doing anything permanent, let the air out of two of their tires (then they can't just slap on a spare, they have to wait for someone with a pump - and that can take hours). Often this minor deed can be done quickly and easily by wedging a small stick in the valve stem. Then you don't need to be sitting there kneeling by their car for 10 minutes.

As for me, I am pretty anal about my car. I almost always park on an end spot and crowd the curb (have to be careful not to curb your own rims - I saw some modded Honda Civic DX do that once. I thought the owner was going to cry.). It is also nice to park next to another nice car - personally I don't mind it when a nice BMW or Porsche is parked next to me. Unmodded Mercedes I'm a bit leery of - too many bored trophy wives with them and I don't know that they really care about their car.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #108
MarkE46

My Ride: E46 coupe
Police station

Nope youre not alone. If I take my car to the theater I first drop off my friends and they know I will be gone for some time to find a good parking space.

Im sorry to say I have no garage and park my car in front of the main entrance of a nearby police staion an walk for a mile to get home !.
1) police station has big parking places for just one car.
2) there are police agents walking in/out of the staion so safety garanteed.
MarkE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #109
djm1k0

My Ride: -99- 323i
Quote:
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

-Ken
i do the same thing my girlfriend thinks i have OCD in any case i am glad there are others out there that do the same thing it makes me feel a little less insane.
djm1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #110
tdevil

My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE46
Nope youre not alone. If I take my car to the theater I first drop off my friends and they know I will be gone for some time to find a good parking space.

Im sorry to say I have no garage and park my car in front of the main entrance of a nearby police staion an walk for a mile to get home !.
1) police station has big parking places for just one car.
2) there are police agents walking in/out of the staion so safety garanteed.

best spot next to a actual private 1 car garage.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #111
kpeng
Banned User

Wow Mark, you got a good deal there. That's a great place to park! Kudos to you for thinking of that.

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #112
penguintheory

My Ride: 3.0L Saloon
Send a message via AIM to penguintheory
When random people lean on my car, it makes my blood boil.

If anyone here's been to Monaco, I don't know how those guys stand having their brand new F355s leaned on and photographed by every f*cking tourist there... I mean, they roll up, valet parks the car front and center, and immediately there's practically a line for people to sit their nice blue-jeaned butts on the hood and squirm around, leaving nice scratches from the brass buttons and rough denim.

Have some f*cking respect.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #113
kpeng
Banned User

I think the leaning is the worst. Luckily I have my angel eyes and my trusty remote kit to twart them off.

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #114
Makakio

My Ride: 03 325i sport
My parking OCD revealed

Always up against a barrier (so no one can pull in or back in in front of you).

Always on an end (preferably where my drivers door would come in contact with another car's passenger because of the discussed single-driver-no-passenger-ratio theory).

Never ever under a tree.

Preferably ON the line at a handicap space (because they have so much friggin room that there's no WAY they could ding ya - even with 1978 Lincoln Mark III Coupe doors), and it gives your car almost four feet of room next to ya.

Well out of the line of fire from things like shopping carts.

And if I can't find the right combination, then I just keep going further out or further up until I get what I want.

Two years, no door dings or scratches yet.

But I do allow people to eat and drink in my car if they're not total slobs. And my wife is having a baby sometime in the not-too-distant future, which means eating, drinking, peeing and pooping going on in the backseat. Spitting up too.

Kping you'd FREAK, eh?

But I'll still maintain the parking regimen.
Makakio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 PM   #115
kpeng
Banned User

Haha, you better cover up those seats before you put your kid in there.

-Ken
Old 08-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #116
steelblue46330i

My Ride: s2000,08 m3
Send a message via AIM to steelblue46330i Send a message via Yahoo to steelblue46330i
Quote:

-Ken
Werd....
Old 08-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #117
kpeng
Banned User

steelbue, no interesting stories to share? lol.

-ken
Old 08-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #118
Cobra

My Ride: '00 328i & '06 R6S
basically i just always park where there are no other cars parked, as far as that may be.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #119
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
amazing how whenever we part further away - they part next 2 ur car

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #120
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionsok
amazing how whenever we part further away - they part next 2 ur car
Indeed, like I said, it's one of the greatest mysteries in life. I want to do an experiment one time. Park far away in the middle of nowhere, and then put cones on the two parking spots I'm parked in the middle of. Then see how many people try to park there anyways.

-Ken