E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #121
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
Indeed, like I said, it's one of the greatest mysteries in life. I want to do an experiment one time. Park far away in the middle of nowhere, and then put cones on the two parking spots I'm parked in the middle of. Then see how many people try to park there anyways.

-Ken
word my brotha

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #122
TheMauveSoldier

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm1k0
i do the same thing my girlfriend thinks i have OCD in any case i am glad there are others out there that do the same thing it makes me feel a little less insane.
I got news for you. You're girlfriend's right. We've all got a little OCD happening........some of us more than others. lol
And BTW Ken...........I just love it when you use the word douchebag!
TheMauveSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:47 AM   #123
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
lol, douchebag.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #124
GGGE46

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Send a message via AIM to GGGE46
when i park i do what snoop says PARK IT LIKE ITS HOT!
I DONT CARE ill take up to 3 spots if i have to. i park at my girlfriends apt. and stare out the window all night at my car( well they tried to steal my xenons from where she lives). she thinks i am totally retarted but she didnt spend the kind of money i did, so she has no idea, and that goes for most of the girlfriends that we know.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #125
04ImolaZHP

My Ride: S65
Question for you guys: have u ever came back to your car, inspected it, and found that it is scratched or what not? if yes, what did you do?
2005 M3 Convertible - Sold
2004 330i ZHP - Sold
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium - Sold
2004 CBR 1000RR - Sold
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - Sold
2005 Range Rover Westminster Edition - Sold
2003 ///M5 - Sold
2002 CBR 600F4i - Sold
2002 Grand Prix - Sold
1993 Nissan Maxima - Traded In
1989 Trans Am GTA - Sold
04ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #126
GGGE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ImolaZHP
Question for you guys: have u ever came back to your car, inspected it, and found that it is scratched or what not? if yes, what did you do?

i found my hood keyed i feel to my knees

then tried to deceide who i was going to kill still havent found out who it was.
but if you guys can find him for me, silence of the lambs will have to come out with the fourth version
Old 08-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #127
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
i'm somewhat there. i'll look for a spot kind of open. as long as theres nothing visually harmful around the area i will park there. depends on the food my passengers eat for them to wash before entering. and a little tip - never park near coupes or handicap spaces

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #128
kpeng
Banned User

handicap spaces are the worst. this one time, I saw this girl help her grandmother I presume, into the car, and the wheelchair rolled away and went smack dab into some poor innocent person's door.

-Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #129
SST

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken
Wow. It's a car, albeit a very nice one, it's still just a car.
Yes, parking where there is a lesser chance of being hit is a good for any car owner, but the other stuff plain warrants a visit with the professional people who give out happy pills a nice talks.

TT
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #130
SST

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGE46
i found my hood keyed i feel to my knees

then tried to deceide who i was going to kill still havent found out who it was.
but if you guys can find him for me, silence of the lambs will have to come out with the fourth version
Dude, somehow what happened to your hood does not surprise me.
Yes, I think it's wrong what happened to your car, but didn't you also say this;

"when i park i do what snoop says PARK IT LIKE ITS HOT!
I DONT CARE ill take up to 3 spots if i have to."

That kind of behaviour asks for trouble some times. Personally I think it's extremely rude when people do that $hit. You may be overly involved with your car but other people don't give a crap and want a parking space.
Hint: pay more attention to your girl unless you want to cozy up to your cars a$$, which you'll find is as hard and cold as your former gf has become due to some seriously odd mating priorities you may have.

But then, maybe your BMW ride is better than the other one you've got?
I hope not.

TT
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #131
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Yes, parking where there is a lesser chance of being hit is a good for any car owner, but the other stuff plain warrants a visit with the professional people who give out happy pills a nice talks.

TT
tah tah

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #132
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST

TT
I think a lot of us have just put a lot of time and money into our cars and are true enthusiasts, so we tend to be a little anal about the car. Yeah, it's just a car, but it's something we worked hard on. It's natural to want to keep it looking at it's best. Some people might not care as much, and that's fine, but too bad for them, they don't know what they have.

-Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #133
GGGE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Dude, somehow what happened to your hood does not surprise me.
Yes, I think it's wrong what happened to your car, but didn't you also say this;

"when i park i do what snoop says PARK IT LIKE ITS HOT!
I DONT CARE ill take up to 3 spots if i have to."

That kind of behaviour asks for trouble some times. Personally I think it's extremely rude when people do that $hit. You may be overly involved with your car but other people don't give a crap and want a parking space.
Hint: pay more attention to your girl unless you want to cozy up to your cars a$$, which you'll find is as hard and cold as your former gf has become due to some seriously odd mating priorities you may have.

But then, maybe your BMW ride is better than the other one you've got?
I hope not.

TT

first off i only park like snoop when a QUICK visit to the store and before i got the wheels i didnt park like this. and its people like you who dont care so if i take up all of those spots where can you park? not near me cause of the wheels and with all the HARD WORK i have done i dont care to be an a$$hole and ill piss you off cause ill do what i want. my mommy and daddy didnt pay for my car or any of my cars or insurance or wheels etc. second my car was in the driveway at my house parked profile before i got my wheels actaully it was 2 months after i bought my car third sounds like you know what all of that car humping is about you can expain that in detail if your car was almost stolen and at another the headlights were also stolen all on the same street you might be as concerd as me Hint: but then again maybe you dont pay for anything

you know what look at the title of the thread if you dont feel this way then why the **ck are you reading it

Last edited by GGGE46; 08-16-2005 at 06:55 PM.
GGGE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #134
GGGE46

Old 08-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #135
04ImolaZHP

Quote:
I think a lot of us have just put a lot of time and money into our cars and are true enthusiasts, so we tend to be a little anal about the car. Yeah, it's just a car, but it's something we worked hard on. It's natural to want to keep it looking at it's best. Some people might not care as much, and that's fine, but too bad for them, they don't know what they have.

-Ken
i agree with the above. i had a gf once yell at me and tell me that she does not understand how i can value my car/bike so much since it is just a thing. i told her that i started out from nothing and i have earned everything i have myself so i am not about to waste it and kill it by not taking care of it... she just did not get it (but i think she has had a lot of things handed to her in her lifetime + she was hot which does not help matters)...
2004 330i ZHP - Sold
2004 CBR 1000RR - Sold
2003 ///M5 - Sold
2002 CBR 600F4i - Sold
2002 Grand Prix - Sold
1989 Trans Am GTA - Sold
Old 08-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #136
kpeng
Banned User

Meh, women are just unappreciative in general.

-Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #137
badbunny1984
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to badbunny1984
Talking

yep...... I have a plastic bag lining a milk crate i have inside one of those collapsable truck organizers..... I have all the cleaning stuff in one section and the milk crate in the other. I put my dirty work boots there and drive home in regular tennis shoes when I do get M fever and need to drive it. I have black interior so I will drink in the car, It's a car guys!!! Take care of it yes, but it's still a car..... I just bought a new 2005 M3 and am twice as careful as I was with my 2002 330ci because right now it is perfect. I too got a bra and a car cover Sits in the garage except for when I know where I'm going and it's not the mall or somewhere risky..... Other than that I do not take two spots ever! Hate that especially when it's some new KIA Rio or something, but you have to remember it is special to them too like our BMW's are to us....I do hunt for good spots though when I do go somewhere and try to keep an eye on it. Must keep the BMW spotless
badbunny1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:46 PM   #138
04ImolaZHP

^^^ yeah, i forgot about that. i got all my cleaning supplies in the car too - especially quick detailer!!!
2004 330i ZHP - Sold
2004 CBR 1000RR - Sold
2003 ///M5 - Sold
2002 CBR 600F4i - Sold
2002 Grand Prix - Sold
1989 Trans Am GTA - Sold
Old 08-16-2005, 09:46 PM   #139
kpeng
Banned User

All this talk about double parking reminds me of this douchebag I know who drives a Jeep. He double parks everywhere. It's annoying. Even if you drive a BMW, double-parking is douche and is just saying "PLEASE KEY ME!"

Yeah, I have a plastic bin full of detailing stuff too. lol. wax, polish, wash, towels, leather cleaner, quick detailer, you name it. haha.

-Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 09:56 PM   #140
TheMauveSoldier

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
All this talk about double parking reminds me of this douchebag I know who drives a Jeep. He double parks everywhere. It's annoying. Even if you drive a BMW, double-parking is douche and is just saying "PLEASE KEY ME!"

Yeah, I have a plastic bin full of detailing stuff too. lol. wax, polish, wash, towels, leather cleaner, quick detailer, you name it. haha.

-Ken
Nice one.

Ken checks in with the double-douche!
TheMauveSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote