E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #141
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
haha, you guys like the douching huh?

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:15 PM   #142
kinggrimwood

My Ride: 1999 328i
I hate door dings. I should be more catious when i park, cuz i've had dozens of door dings throughout the years on many different cars i've owned.

If you're not scared, you need to be driving Faster!
kinggrimwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #143
LIV4SPDjr

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Omg Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
I'm the same. Another technique that I use is:

- When parking in a parking lot, I always park with the drivers side closer to the lines than the passengers side.

Why?

More often than not it's just one person in the car, the driver. Well their drivers side is the passenger side of my car. Therefore I'm leaving them with more room to open their door and lessens the chance of them hitting my car.

YUP I have tried to explain this to all my friends they think i am nuts
Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 AM   #144
GGGE46

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Send a message via AIM to GGGE46
no one is getting douched besides you idiots pull up to shop rite for toothbrush in and out 2 min park single file and grandma parks next to you in her 78 bonniville couple and slams your door. it has happened to me so many times that im at the piont that i just dont care anymore my doors will not be dinged up for no reason i could start a thread and list more than 25 situations were this has happened im up to here^ with it
Old 08-17-2005, 04:20 AM   #145
M3 Lov3r

My Ride: 2006 ///M3 ZCP 6MT
In a parking lot, park next to nice cars bcuz they will b careful as well when they get in hehehe
M3 Lov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #146
Bailey228

My Ride: 99 323i Alpine White
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Lov3r
In a parking lot, park next to nice cars bcuz they will b careful as well when they get in hehehe

I always seach out other Bimmers to park beside... and amazingly enough, if I can't find one, there's usually one or two parked beside me when I get back to my car. Kinda cool.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:11 AM   #147
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey228

I always seach out other Bimmers to park beside... and amazingly enough, if I can't find one, there's usually one or two parked beside me when I get back to my car. Kinda cool.
I think I'd only park next to another Bimmer if I see that it's modded. There are a lot of trophy wives and daddy's little princesses driving 3's out there too.

-Ken
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #148
Bailey228

My Ride: 99 323i Alpine White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
I think I'd only park next to another Bimmer if I see that it's modded. There are a lot of trophy wives and daddy's little princesses driving 3's out there too.

-Ken
Agree with that for sure... however, I still feel somewhat safer than parking beside some Mercury Sable or somesuch.

AND, I forgot to mention, that I search out others like me who are paked more 'out-of-the-way'.

Good point though.

Oh and one more thing: I've noticed when I park too far out of the way, it can be an attraction for those big a$$ SUV's - maybe 'cause they don't know how to park without 20' on either side of them.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:56 AM   #149
wolf

My Ride: 07/328i/6mt
whats a parking lot... yeah i park blocks away sometime but the rational to myself is..would you drive if you only had to go 2 blocks..?? so far it works...year three..no door dings

wolf
Old 08-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #150
SST

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGE46
first off i only park like snoop when a QUICK visit to the store and before i got the wheels i didnt park like this. and its people like you who dont care so if i take up all of those spots where can you park? not near me cause of the wheels and with all the HARD WORK i have done i dont care to be an a$$hole and ill piss you off cause ill do what i want. my mommy and daddy didnt pay for my car or any of my cars or insurance or wheels etc. second my car was in the driveway at my house parked profile before i got my wheels actaully it was 2 months after i bought my car third sounds like you know what all of that car humping is about you can expain that in detail if your car was almost stolen and at another the headlights were also stolen all on the same street you might be as concerd as me Hint: but then again maybe you dont pay for anything

you know what look at the title of the thread if you dont feel this way then why the **ck are you reading it
I wish I didn't have to pay for anything. But, life don't work like that.
I even paid the majority of my college education, long time ago.

It's because of the fact that I do understand what I have that I'm not anal or silly about it. And, most of my comments were meant in jest. Do you really think I'm that concerned about how overly focused you are on the one high price item you have? I'm not. I just thought you guys are way too funny in your crazed vigils of your cars. Of course it's important to keep your things nice and secure as possible, but man that list gets ANAL.

Please, write in sentences. You know sentences. They use periods in strategic locations along with proper use of tense and verb. That's all done so that others can understand what you are trying to say.

It's all good. Don't get so worked up over smarta$$ commentary. It's all in good fun as long as you don't take it too seriously.

TT
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #151
kpeng
Banned User

Come on people, settle down. Some of us are more protective of our cars than others. Some people don't care about their car as much as others. No big deal. Let's not fight now and turn this into another angel eyes-like war.

-Ken
Old 08-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #152
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
haha, i practice my parallel parking in the "suburbs area" of bay ridge. but since thats the most suburb-like part of brooklyn, these people are rich and tend to have nice cars. i practiced next to mostly benzes and i never hit those cars (possibly because they were expensive to repair once i get caught).

i guess it all really depends on the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #153
akhbhaat
Lying, drunken cheat

My Ride: German Civic
Interesting to find that none of you have yet realized that parking 20 miles away from the rest of the cars is akin to putting a sign in your window that says "Key me, I'm overly obsessed with my car."

I know for certain that if was some punk who wanted to key a random car, I'd pick out the one which looks as though the owner would have an emotional meltdown upon discovery of the damage.

There's a reason why you submit yourself to an annual financial rape at the hands of your insurance company.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #154
stapler12345

there has been one bmw on my block the whole 20 years i've lived here. since my house is right around the corner from the train station, the train crowd always walks down my street. so if u have a buncha rowdy ass gangbangers coming out of the trainstation at 3am in the morning, u can hear cracking sounds of each mirror on a car in succession.

also i have not seen that 330ci since. possibly stolen.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #155
stapler12345

and yes they did kick off the mirror to my sh1tty honda. i didnt bother yelling for the fear of a brick thru my window.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #156
ssstraub

My Ride: '02 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysride
I even turned off sprinkler head(in case it came on) next to end spot because of hard water spots. My wife couldn't believe I carried a small screw driver in car.
Wow! You're making me feel like Mr. Doesn't Care At All compared to you. I am cautious where I park, but turning off the hotel sprinklers...Damn! I think you need to start carrying the car cover in your trunk!
ssstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:49 PM   #157
NBG110

My Ride: BMW 2003 330i
Hey man it's great to know that I'm not alone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
How protective are you of your car in parking lots? I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to keeping the car out of harm's way. My ex, family, friends, all think I'm nuts. Just wondering if any of you guys do the same thing.

-When I park in a lot with shopping carts everywhere (Walmart Supercenter is the worst), I move every single cart near my car out of the way.

-When I park in a lot, I always aim for an end spot and edge to the curb as much as possible.

-In my driveway, I park as close to the garage door as possible, so when people walk by, they don't scratch the car.

-After eating at a restaurant with my friends, I make them wash their hands before entering the car.

-I try to avoid parking lots where there are no stoppers in the spaces. I've seen these huge trucks that park way past the line and hit the car in front of them. It's retarded.

-When I go into a restaurant or something, I always try to get a seat near the window, so I can keep an eye out on the car.

-If I'm sitting in the car, and the people next to me open their door, I give 'em the stare so they'll be cautious about it.

Anymore you guys would care to add to the list?

-Ken
I leave my wife at the front door of the mall and I park as far as possible, by a concrete barrier , I avoid trees, and I make sure that I avoid any one parking too close. The other day I parked in the extreme corner of the lot and when I arrived there was another Bimmer parked one spot over and I knew I wasn't alone. God Bless BMW Owners, we're truly committed. Stay cool!
Old 08-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #158
04ImolaZHP

My Ride: S65
that reminds me, i went to a wedding a couple of months ago and did the same thing, parked all the way in the opposite corner away from the church door. i am sure people thought i was crazy. do the same thing when i go play golf and stuff too...
2005 M3 Convertible - Sold
2004 330i ZHP - Sold
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium - Sold
2004 CBR 1000RR - Sold
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - Sold
2005 Range Rover Westminster Edition - Sold
2003 ///M5 - Sold
2002 CBR 600F4i - Sold
2002 Grand Prix - Sold
1993 Nissan Maxima - Traded In
1989 Trans Am GTA - Sold
04ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #159
kpeng
Banned User

haha, this thread will never die.

-Ken
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #160
kpeng
Banned User

Sorry, but I had to post this.

I have to park in a lot at school called the "Park N Ride" lot. Basically, I live off campus, I park in this huge lot, catch the bus into campus, and whatever. Anyhow. I park today out in the middle of nowhere. I come back from class and guess what? Two HUGE F-250's parked on EACH SIDE of my car, like an inch away.

I was ready to kill myself.

-Ken