E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
GOT-BMER

My Ride: M3 soon...
Question Need advice for Angel eyes

I got 328Ci 2000,I want to know if i change the whole headlights to Angel eyes headlights or just buy the ring angel eyes only.What is your suggestion to make the car look nice?
GOT-BMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
No you do not need to change your entire headlight assembly. I have a 2000 323Ci and my halos installed perfectly onto my car with no modifications necessary to my headlights. Here are the two most popular halos right now:

DDE Lightning Titanium ENHANCED ($120.00):

Predator Chromium ($179.99):

Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #3
GOT-BMER

what's difference them 2? Is it easy to install?

[/URL][/QUOTE]
Old 08-14-2005, 06:53 AM   #4
EDawg

My Ride: :/
the difference is what you see in the 2 pictures. don't tell me you can't see the difference...
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #5
mandaryn

My Ride: 2005 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT-BMER
I got 328Ci 2000,I want to know if i change the whole headlights to Angel eyes headlights or just buy the ring angel eyes only.What is your suggestion to make the car look nice?
I've researched both options and concluded that the best results for the money come from ccfl retrofit kits. Very easy install and much brighter "icy" white look than the older DDE technology. Bavarian motorwerks has a nice set on ebay for a great price, here's the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-U...QQcmdZViewItem

Matt
mandaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
GOT-BMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg
the difference is what you see in the 2 pictures. don't tell me you can't see the difference...
I mean what's the difference between DDE lightning titanium enhance and Predator chromium in functional wise.Why the the Predator chromium expensive than the DDE Lighting?

Last edited by GOT-BMER; 08-14-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=chromium
Old 08-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #8
GOT-BMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Thanks for the information
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #9
GOT-BMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
How much with the with the colors?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
If I were you, I would go with Jlevis enhanced version 2 phosphorus halos... I have em on my car and they are definately a lot brighter and more intense then the "newer" ones (which do look great.. don't get me wrong)...

I prefer the phos ones because they give the rings more of a glow (i.e its not as crisp and a little more blury but gives more light)...

For photos just search my username and you'll find some posts with them....

That being said, the new ones that are out do look great, they just look a little bit too "tame" for me (ie very stock looking)

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
NisoCrew

My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI
If I were you, I would go with Jlevis enhanced version 2 phosphorus halos... I have em on my car and they are definately a lot brighter and more intense then the "newer" ones (which do look great.. don't get me wrong)...

I prefer the phos ones because they give the rings more of a glow (i.e its not as crisp and a little more blury but gives more light)...

That being said, the new ones that are out do look great, they just look a little bit too "tame" for me (ie very stock looking)
I disagree. Definitely to each his own though. I had the Enhanced V2's on mine for about a year before they had the arching problem. I definitely loved them. However, I didn't like the eyeball effect, which I noticed before I knew the name of it. As far as brightness goes, I think that is a pretty close race. The enhanced have thicker shrouds, but for me at least the light rings didn't fit very well, and that resulted in inconsistent thickness and brightness from certain angles. I am definitely happier with my Chromiums.

"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisoCrew
I disagree. Definitely to each his own though. I had the Enhanced V2's on mine for about a year before they had the arching problem. I definitely loved them. However, I didn't like the eyeball effect, which I noticed before I knew the name of it. As far as brightness goes, I think that is a pretty close race. The enhanced have thicker shrouds, but for me at least the light rings didn't fit very well, and that resulted in inconsistent thickness and brightness from certain angles. I am definitely happier with my Chromiums.
Ahhh that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. The originator of the thread was interested in advice and I'm glad that us e46ers could give him not only the possibile sollutions, but the ups and downs to each of them. Nisocrew definately presents some good reasons for the newer rings... its really personal preference

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #13
bluecougar
A bimmer chick moderator :)

My Ride: MB & LR3
get rings only
Old 08-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #14
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT-BMER

Just talk to Mike, at ModBargains!!

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #15
NisoCrew

My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Ahhh that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. The originator of the thread was interested in advice and I'm glad that us e46ers could give him not only the possibile sollutions, but the ups and downs to each of them. Nisocrew definately presents some good reasons for the newer rings... its really personal preference
That is definitely one of the most intelligent and mature thing that has been said on this forum lately. I am glad that there are people out there that can hold two conflicting ideas in their head at the same time. After the H2 and H3 threads, I'm just not sure how much more I can take.

"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:19 PM   #16
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:

Chase, just to clarify we sell PREDATOR CHROMIUMS, not enhanced version 2 phosphyre halos.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:46 AM   #17
a burrito

My Ride: e90 330i
Send a message via AIM to a burrito
do you have xenons yet?

E90 330i. Sparkling Graphite/Black, Step, Burl WT. Sp, Pp, Sunshade Pack., Tint.
a burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:32 AM   #18
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
my god who took this pic it looks sick? Great pic skills

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:18 AM   #19
ramingeles2000

My Ride: 2000 323i
what if i want the predator chromiums, but in different colors? is that illegal btw?
ramingeles2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 AM   #20
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramingeles2000
what i want the predator chromiums, but in different colors? is that illegal btw?
Some colors are illegal, yes. White and light blue are fine... if you go with a deep blue, red, or other color like that you could have problems with cops. If you really want that color, you can wire a custom "kill switch" so if you see any cops you press the switch and the halos turn off.
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote