E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2002, 10:58 PM   #1
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
My Ride: Hamann 3
Send a message via AIM to DropTopBM
FINALLY... pics of my audio setup (ice)

Sorry for the delay guys, but here the pics i have been promising for the past 3 days...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw007.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	15009  
DropTopBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #2
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
pic 2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw008.jpg
Views:	1328
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	15010  
Old 09-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #3
DropTopBM
Banned

rockford amp
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw010.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	15011  
Old 09-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #4
DropTopBM
Banned

more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw009.jpg
Views:	1278
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	15012  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:00 PM   #5
DropTopBM
Banned

more pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw038.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	15013  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:00 PM   #6
DropTopBM
Banned

moreee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw039.jpg
Views:	1258
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	15014  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:00 PM   #7
DropTopBM
Banned

feeeeeed meeee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw040.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	15015  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:03 PM   #8
als00328ci

My Ride: 2000 328ci --> SP
Damn Frankie, that looks pretty sweet. How does it sound. It must sound bad ass. By the way I think your next mod should be a digicam That way we could see really how sweet your mods look.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:09 PM   #9
DropTopBM
Banned

Al, I agree, the digi cam is next on the mod list... i apoloigize for the crappy quality but this is all i can get my hands on for now..

the system sounds SICK... you have to understand that its really hard to get bass into the cabin on the vert because of the way its designed.... i guess this setup is the perfect way to go for those who are looking to keep within a spending limit.... i absolutely love the system and would recommend this to any vert or coupe or whatever owners....

Al, this time when you come down to NYC we can take a spin downtown and some hoes!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:12 PM   #10
325cic

My Ride: ACS//325CIC
woow... you are ahead of the game bro I just have a quote last week with custom build box something like you have now. Good work, now I can see the finish product. Hey, how is it sound from inside. and how much?
325cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:19 PM   #11
als00328ci

My Ride: 2000 328ci --> SP
Frankie, I think the next time I might come to NYC is Christmas and if I do come my car will be rolloing on steel wheels with winter tires. Not too impressive to look at but y eah I would love to see your ride soon. I'm sure when I finally do see it again it'll have some sweet 19's.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:21 PM   #12
obLu

My Ride: 330cic
Get any rear deck or trunk rattling with that setup? Does take up more space than I could handle. I may be working on getting a stealth box-like box made to fit in the ski pass. But it's not going to put out even 1/10 the bass those things must kick.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:21 PM   #13
DropTopBM
Banned

I paid 1475 for the subs, rockford amp, custum box, carpet, install, and taxes.... i probably could have gotten it for less if i shopped around, but the place that did it for me is THE best.... nobody can mess with them.... goodluck on your install

al, ill see you in december
Old 09-12-2002, 11:22 PM   #14
djabaley
does anyone read my p0sts?

My Ride: 325 slushbox
nice setup!

Looks good, I like what you've got going on. I used to have that fosgate amp in my old car. That'll probably be the next thing you'll want to upgrade too. For grins and giggles try having your shop hook up a more powerful amp and see how much better it sounds. But, those amps are really good. The one thing I always liked about the fosgate amp was that it always dissapated heat very nicely. How do you like the kicker subs? I've never heard the square ones in person, but I have a feeling they'll bust your eardrums pretty nicely!
djabaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:23 PM   #15
DropTopBM
Banned

stealth boxes are for verts

trust me man, u will still have trunk space and its worth the loss of what u do lose..... yes, of course the trank rattles a little but theres nothing you can do to stop that... but he put some foamy stuff behind my license plate so it eliminated most of the rattle.... just go for it!
Old 09-13-2002, 02:15 AM   #16
lilherc79
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"

My Ride: ASA ACS 3.0 Cabrio
Frank, ok, here are the pix i was lookin for. ignore the one in the showroom. What does the rear of the box look like? just regular rectangle looking? that goes straight in? How many lbs does it add to your car? approximately?
lilherc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:19 AM   #17
DropTopBM
Banned

hmm mike i dont know how the rear of the box looks.... i didnt get to see it before he put it in..... but ill try to open up the ski pass and take a peak.. also ill try to get a pic while im back there.... i dont know the exact wait of the whole set up, but it did lower my car from the back..... the subs are i think around 25lbs each and the amp is light... the box is probably like 40 pounds or so... i am guessing with all these numbers so please dont quote me... ill try to get exact specs for you...

stop thinking and go for it, u wont regret it!
Old 09-13-2002, 02:21 AM   #18
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
its a bitch working with 3 series convertables! no room!
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:27 AM   #19
DropTopBM
Banned

I know man..... we tried a ton of setups and this was the best one out of the ported box, bandpass, plexiglass, and free air..... he couldnt fit any regular boxes in there so i had to dish out the extra cash for a custum built box... 10s barely fit... he had to slightly slant them ( u can tell a little from the pic )
Old 09-13-2002, 02:40 AM   #20
lilherc79
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"

My Ride: ASA ACS 3.0 Cabrio
actually, i might just go for fiberglass box. thats a lot lighter.
lilherc79 is offline   Reply With Quote