E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
badboywinger

My Ride: E46 competition pack
nitrous...help

i want to run a 100 wet shot on my m3.... from what i gather is i dont need any software....

can somone help me on what system to buy... im just really confused...when i go to nitrous express websites i dont kno what kit to buy hahaha so can somone point me in the right direction...

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
nuc1

My Ride: money hole
Good place to start for nitrous on the S54: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=208229

The NX kit can be purchased through CPI (asianjedi is a good guy to talk to about it as he was one of the first to run it - he posted in the thread linked above).

Boris (boki) has been running a NX dp kit for a while now - he has a lot of good info in there as well.

Read it all....lots of good stuff in there. Remember that a single fogger w/ the M3 inline six will need lots of dyno tuning to get all cylinders equal amounts of fuel and nitrous. And it will be the least efficient of all setups. There are a lot of different setups out there (dp, single fogger, WON 6 pulsoid dp, etc.). Really depends on how much you want to spend and how much risk you are willing to take with your $10k engine. As a side note, I have a WON kit that I am installing right now and spent a little more to keep things as safe as possible.

Total cost for the system can be anywhere from $750 (no frills single fogger) all the way up to about $5,000 (WON six pulsoid dp - see jtrejo in the thread above).

Stock software *should* work but I would call Active Auto (ask for Barry - he did all of the coding for the m5/m6 ASR NOS setups that can be seen on m5board.com and all of the Florida nitrous m3s) and tell him what you want to do. He will have some additional info that would probably help you out (concerns the e46 m3 computer, cylinder misfires and what the computer will do in response).

My best advice would be do LOTS of research and, if in doubt, spend a little extra so that you make it as safe as possible (just my .02).

Some other sites to look at:
e46psi.com (older posts but some good info if you look hard enough)
noswizard.com forum http://forum.nitrous-advice.org (LOTS of good info here - make sure you look at the "BMW M3 DP Install" thread under advanced nitrous)

Good luck,
Mike

Last edited by nuc1; 09-02-2008 at 06:29 PM.
nuc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
E46Arash

My Ride: 2002 Bmw E46 M3
my full N/X kit is for sale and im useing the FJO nitrous controller.
Let me know if your intrested.
E46Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
badboywinger

thanks alot nuc1...yaa i have $1100 to spend so idk what that will get me with a nitrous kit
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
brimfield101

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325I
should maybe get like, a 50 shot instead of 100, it'd be only just in case anyway, the m3's fast enough as it is.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
E46Arash

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboywinger View Post
thanks alot nuc1...yaa i have $1100 to spend so idk what that will get me with a nitrous kit
is that including install? if that including install you can get a decent kit. if its not including install then you can get a prety good complete kit.

for 1100 you could get N/X nitrous kit, FJO nitrous tuner, and remote bottle opener all installed.

without labor, everything i listed with a bottle heater and maybe a purge kit also which would be a complete and prety damn good kit.

the only way you could get something beter is if you go direct port (tap each throttle) which would cost about 1800 installed without all the goodies ie: FJO, remote bottle opener, purge, bottle heater...

Also dont forget, get colder spark plugs installed or your gona melt the stock ones when you spray. one step colder should do the trick.

ofcourse everything depends on what your goals are with the car and howmuch of a shot your looking to do. if you plan on going over 100 shot your gona need to get tuned which could cost a prety penny unless you wait for shark edit to come out haha.

if you have any other questions, there are a few guys that know a hell of a lot more about nitrous then I do on e46fanatics. I just touched the tip of the iceberg.
good luck
Old 09-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
badboywinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Arash View Post
is that including install? if that including install you can get a decent kit. if its not including install then you can get a prety good complete kit.

for 1100 you could get N/X nitrous kit, FJO nitrous tuner, and remote bottle opener all installed.

without labor, everything i listed with a bottle heater and maybe a purge kit also which would be a complete and prety damn good kit.

the only way you could get something beter is if you go direct port (tap each throttle) which would cost about 1800 installed without all the goodies ie: FJO, remote bottle opener, purge, bottle heater...

Also dont forget, get colder spark plugs installed or your gona melt the stock ones when you spray. one step colder should do the trick.

ofcourse everything depends on what your goals are with the car and howmuch of a shot your looking to do. if you plan on going over 100 shot your gona need to get tuned which could cost a prety penny unless you wait for shark edit to come out haha.

if you have any other questions, there are a few guys that know a hell of a lot more about nitrous then I do on e46fanatics. I just touched the tip of the iceberg.
good luck

thnx for helpin me out i appreciate it..with the money i have and using it for install also...would the set up i get be safe? or could i just spend a extra 800 or so and get a little more power and be safer?

also i dont kno who the heck to go to even get the stuff installed....i live right outside of chicago....everyone around here is in love with there damn subys and evos haha
Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
E46Arash

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboywinger View Post
thnx for helpin me out i appreciate it..with the money i have and using it for install also...would the set up i get be safe? or could i just spend a extra 800 or so and get a little more power and be safer?

also i dont kno who the heck to go to even get the stuff installed....i live right outside of chicago....everyone around here is in love with there damn subys and evos haha
haha there are tons of subys and evos here also. Just do a google search and look for a nitrous shop. there should be a few in your area. if no luck then call a few performance shops and ask them for refrences.
if you spent 2000 installed you could get a direct port system installed with the fjo tuner and maybe even a remote bottle opener. direct port is the safest way to go because it sprays an even ammount of nitrous into each throttle body which allows you to spray even more without tuning (about 125 or so)
if you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a pm.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
jtrejo

My Ride: e46 m3
wana buy a real nitrous kit here is mine im selling my car so its for sale made especially for a M3 just needs a $400 tune from Active Autowerkes

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=226447
Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
jtrejo

and i can help you with install its pretty easy since i already did the hard part. over the phone that is we would just swap air boxes
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #11
badboywinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo View Post
wana buy a real nitrous kit here is mine im selling my car so its for sale made especially for a M3 just needs a $400 tune from Active Autowerkes

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=226447

i dont think i have anough money for your kit...haha i mean id love to have it but ur not gunna give it to me for $1100

but thanks for your offer
Old 09-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #12
jtrejo

ill accept payments also
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
E46Arash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo View Post
ill accept payments also
if i was keeping my m3 ide finance that! haha
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
JNFIV

My Ride: 2005 325xi
hey u guys seem to no what ur talking about on here so ill give u a real "problem" to think about.

I have a 2005 325xi with a complete supercharger kit from activeauto with a cold air intake and a brand new exhaust from supersprint consisting of connecting pipes, resonator, and muffler plus other mods like suspension etc. I want to put nitrous in my car but its not manual, i am stuck with the steptronic tranny, and i have been told that the awd of the xi is sometimes a problem with nitrous? also, i dont want to damage my engine. i probably wont do any more than a 100 shot but also i have heard that over time nitrous can seriously screw up your engine which i cant really have. Any suggestions, ideas, advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front view of mine.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	284895  
JNFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:22 AM   #15
E46Arash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNFIV View Post
hey u guys seem to no what ur talking about on here so ill give u a real "problem" to think about.

I have a 2005 325xi with a complete supercharger kit from activeauto with a cold air intake and a brand new exhaust from supersprint consisting of connecting pipes, resonator, and muffler plus other mods like suspension etc. I want to put nitrous in my car but its not manual, i am stuck with the steptronic tranny, and i have been told that the awd of the xi is sometimes a problem with nitrous? also, i dont want to damage my engine. i probably wont do any more than a 100 shot but also i have heard that over time nitrous can seriously screw up your engine which i cant really have. Any suggestions, ideas, advice?
nitrous is accually much safer to use on an auto because you dont have to worry about bouncing off the rev limiter and spraying at the same time (if your not in tiptronic) since your supercharged already I wouldnt run more than a 50 shot without a tune to be safe and if your gona spray, stay in auto mode
Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
JNFIV

hey im probably gonna get it tuned after, but when u say if ur not in tiptronic, i can drive my car 3 ways, i can have it in the regular drive, i can shift it left into the sport mode but not manually shift (this is the way i drive it 99% of the time) and then i can move it left and shift manually. would i still be alright if im driving it in the sport mode but not shifting manually as this is really still an auto mode? And if i am in tiptronic would u still recommend running the nitrous as long as im careful about my shift points and how i use it? also, instead of direct port or something that is directly into the engine i think, i was told about a fogger kit that would either spray straight into the intercooler or into the pipe between the intercooler and the engine? supposedly this is less powerful and i would only get like 35 from a 50 shot but that its safer for the engine? thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #17
E46Arash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNFIV View Post
hey im probably gonna get it tuned after, but when u say if ur not in tiptronic, i can drive my car 3 ways, i can have it in the regular drive, i can shift it left into the sport mode but not manually shift (this is the way i drive it 99% of the time) and then i can move it left and shift manually. would i still be alright if im driving it in the sport mode but not shifting manually as this is really still an auto mode? And if i am in tiptronic would u still recommend running the nitrous as long as im careful about my shift points and how i use it? also, instead of direct port or something that is directly into the engine i think, i was told about a fogger kit that would either spray straight into the intercooler or into the pipe between the intercooler and the engine? supposedly this is less powerful and i would only get like 35 from a 50 shot but that its safer for the engine? thanks
it all depends on what kind of power your looking for with nitrous. there are sooomany people that do the spray on the intercooler which is a prety good idea but if your looking to get more power and your planning on getting tuned then you could go up to a 125 shot with a single nozzle sprayer. by fogger do you mean dry kit? I wouldnt go with a dry kit(just sprays nitrous and injectors spray extra fuel to compinsate). its much too complicated and much more dangerous because you have no idea how hard your injectors are working and if the injectors are already at its capacity then your gona spray toomuch nitrous. as long as you get a wet single nozzle kit (mixes fuel and nitrous) or an intercooler sprayer and your planning on tuning then your gona have a lot of fun with your car keep us updated.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
JNFIV

E46Arash, thanks a lot for the feedback, seems a wet single nozzle kit or an intercooler sprayer is the way to go. but what is the difference between them? really just where does the wet nozzle kit spray into? also wat do u think about the size of the shot and possible company to use, Nos, NX, Venom, Zex, etc. sorry i keep asking so many questions lol im just totally new to nitrous