E46 Fanatics Forum banner

CSL Rep pics...

4K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  jesus 
#1 · (Edited)
Well these past weeks have been long and painful but ended with a smile.I found out last week that i had subframe damage and bought the turner kit and had it fixed over the weekend.Now for this:
I have had the most amazing experience with Mike @ Modbargains.I received my staggered set of csl reps today.Pis are horrible,but i was shaking with excitement.For anyone that wants to make a decision between 18s vs 19s i will absolutely say 18s.Mike has answered every question,helped me with my decision,went out of his way since i have been waiting since june 14th for these wheels.I will continue to do business with and proudly support modbargains.I would also like to thank Detailed Image for the wheel Wax,Wonderful product.

The packaging was excellent:

The centercaps:

The wheels:

:thumbsup:

See less See more
#7 ·
Got mine today too, except....they sent me M rears!!! :mad: I think everything will be ok, I talked to David at Velocity, and he told me they would send me the correct rears asap, and just waiting to hear back from mike, no doubt that everything will be straightened out...or I hope at least :cry:

#10 ·
tiger325 said:
Got mine today too, except....they sent me M rears!!! :mad: I think everything will be ok, I talked to David at Velocity, and he told me they would send me the correct rears asap, and just waiting to hear back from mike, no doubt that everything will be straightened out...or I hope at least :cry:
Hi,

Sorry about the mistake in shipping you the wrong wheels. Either our supplier put the wrong wheels in the wrong box, or we just completely screwed up. 2 wheels will be sent out with return labels so you dont have to pay for the return. Please include a copy of the mounting/balance receipt and that will be reimbursed as well.

Thanks,

Peter
Velocity Motoring LLC

#12 ·
I got mt CSL wheels today too. Love them so much. Just out of curiosity, how can you tell if you have non-m or m wheels? I ordered a set of non-M staggered. This is the second case i've heard of people getting two different sets of wheels. I figured i'd go double check mine, which are sitting in my room waiting for tires :str8pimpi

#13 ·
SrCsTc said:
Looks great! I just got mine today also and love em.
I got Pirelli P-zero Nero M&S , 235/35/18 and 255/35/18

Where did you get your tuner kit installed and how much?

Rich
Hey,tried to PM you but your inbox was full.I had a friend that works on classic cars and was head meachanic at Conn light & power tackle the job.He has alot of experience repairing,welding,painting cars.He did this for a very reasonable price considering how much work needs to be done.I left it in CT for a week and he ended up doing an excellent job.

#15 ·
i agree, 18 CSL reps > 19 CSL reps for some reason.

velocity, very cool of doing that. any updates on your new wheel designs?

#16 ·
jstar41 said:
wow.. was there a sale or group buy for these?? i see everyone is getting CSL reps, none the less they look HOT.. :thumbsup:

NY323i.. give it time and you'll want 19's .. :lmao:
No, just the pre-orders from the past couple months shipped out. We are still 2 months backordered on the 18" staggered CSL wheels, but you can order 18x8.5" all around for immediate shipment. 19" are also in stock.

#19 ·
DiscoStu said:
I got mt CSL wheels today too. Love them so much. Just out of curiosity, how can you tell if you have non-m or m wheels? I ordered a set of non-M staggered. This is the second case i've heard of people getting two different sets of wheels. I figured i'd go double check mine, which are sitting in my room waiting for tires :str8pimpi
You will be able to tell right away, the rears stick out about 1.5 inches past the fender.

To peter, Mike, and David, thanks alot for clearing everything up, I know there was no intentional mistakes anywhere, and it is good to see that there are companies out there who still value their customers! :thumbsup:

#21 · (Edited)
NY323i said:
Well these past weeks have been long and painful but ended with a smile.I found out last week that i had subframe damage and bought the turner kit and had it fixed over the weekend.Now for this:
I have had the most amazing experience with Mike @ Modbargains.I received my staggered set of csl reps today.Pis are horrible,but i was shaking with excitement.For anyone that wants to make a decision between 18s vs 19s i will absolutely say 18s.Mike has answered every question,helped me with my decision,went out of his way since i have been waiting since june 14th for these wheels.I will continue to do business with and proudly support modbargains.I would also like to thank Detailed Image for the wheel Wax,Wonderful product.

The packaging was excellent:

The centercaps:

The wheels:

:thumbsup:
Is that standard ride height?

Those CSL's look phat :thumbsup:

#23 ·
ET E46 said:
I like the CSL Wheels a lot. Im just so sick of them. Can people be a little more original?
IMO you cannot go wrong with this design.There reasonably priced,not heavy and perfect for replacement stock wheels.Thats great that your sick of them becasue that allows less chance of a backorder next time for future buyers. :thumbsup:

#24 ·
I noticed a few people said they liked the 18's better than the 19's... any reason for this? i have not seen these wheels in portland cause there are only 5 modded e46's here but with 95% of the people on this board upgrading to 19's, i have to ask the reason? is it just looks? personal preference? or is it quality? more tire under 18's so less chance of bend... im just curious, cause i was looking into 19's soon...

thanks!

btw sick car! these wheels are classic. :thumbup:

#25 ·
thesixsins said:
I noticed a few people said they liked the 18's better than the 19's... any reason for this? i have not seen these wheels in portland cause there are only 5 modded e46's here but with 95% of the people on this board upgrading to 19's, i have to ask the reason? is it just looks? personal preference? or is it quality? more tire under 18's so less chance of bend... im just curious, cause i was looking into 19's soon...

thanks!

btw sick car! these wheels are classic. :thumbup:
Honestly,Im upgrading from 16's and the wheels looked huge.That was great for me because i was happy with the decision.My main goals were appearance,weight, and price.I honestly think the 19" version is overkill becasue my 18's look like 19's and im sure the 19's would look like 20's.I also wanted some more tire on the rim since i dont want to spend my time driving searching for potholes.What i would do is find somebody with these style wheels and see yourself.Youll be amazed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.