E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin
 
tim330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,198
My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
M Roadster for 2006

I know this isn't an E46 but I figured everyone would want to know -

Click the image to read the story on www.bimmerfest.com

tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
ATL328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 140
My Ride: 2000 328i
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i
I know this isn't an E46 but I figured everyone would want to know -

Click the image to read the story on www.bimmerfest.com

arent you the "guy" that always flags others for postignexternal links and non
e46 stuff
ATL328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
tim330i
Owner/Admin
 
tim330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,198
My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL328
arent you the "guy" that always flags others for postignexternal links and non
e46 stuff
I could be...but generally all BMW stuff is allowed on the general forum and for the external linking...well I own bimmerfest.com also

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
MFarrZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,211
My Ride: Has 6 speeds
New M Coupe due in 2007 too! Long live the Inline-6!


__________________
MFarrZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #5
dbtheo
Bahn Burnah
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 2,447
My Ride: 323i/ 3.0
it's about time....
dbtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
ATL328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 140
My Ride: 2000 328i
Egg on My face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i
I could be...but generally all BMW stuff is allowed on the general forum and for the external linking...well I own bimmerfest.com also

Tim
thanks for making me look like an A$$ . Oh well...I guess you can do what ever you want...Cool!! Hey great job by the way. All your sites are incredible
ATL328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
rmepilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 427
My Ride: '01 325i, OH-58D(R)
Send a message via AIM to rmepilot
Too bad it's in the Z4 body.
__________________
rmepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Beamin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11
My Ride: Old pair of pumas
Z4 Body is beautiful in my opinion. Very technical.
Beamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #9
deutsch325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF bay area
Posts: 452
My Ride: xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i
I could be...but generally all BMW stuff is allowed on the general forum and for the external linking...well I own bimmerfest.com also

Tim


New M roadster, huh. It looks pretty sweet, but isn't it just a beefed up Z4 with an S54 motor? It's not really a "new" M roadster if it shares the same engine as the previous gen M roadster(the old one is probably quicker because of power to weight). AC schnitzer and Hamann have already developed special varients of the Z4 with V8s! e39 M5 motor transplant i think. How far off is the Z4 based M roadster with the new V8(the one that's going into the next M3)? That's more interesting indeed..
__________________
deutsch325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
tim330i
Owner/Admin
 
tim330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,198
My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL328
thanks for making me look like an A$$ . Oh well...I guess you can do what ever you want...Cool!! Hey great job by the way. All your sites are incredible
Sorry I didn't mean to.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #11
MFarrZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,211
My Ride: Has 6 speeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch325


New M roadster, huh. It looks pretty sweet, but isn't it just a beefed up Z4 with an S54 motor? It's not really a "new" M roadster if it shares the same engine as the previous gen M roadster(the old one is probably quicker because of power to weight). AC schnitzer and Hamann have already developed special varients of the Z4 with V8s! e39 M5 motor transplant i think. How far off is the Z4 based M roadster with the new V8(the one that's going into the next M3)? That's more interesting indeed..
I read in Automobile the next M coupe (based on the upcoming Z4 coupe) is going to have a beefed up version of the current S54 putting out ~370HP. I'm not sure if the roadster will have the same engine, but in a lightweight car, I'd say that's very interesting.


*Plus the older M Roadster only had 315HP*
__________________

Last edited by MFarrZHP; 11-08-2005 at 02:20 PM.
MFarrZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use