E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
kimluk

My Ride: 328i
Gary, questions for wheels and suspension

Gary, I have 1999 328i w/o sport package. I would like to upgrade both the wheels and suspension. I am not going to track or race the car. It is my daily driver. I would like to match the look and the ride performance of the 330i's sport package. I am going to upgrade to M68 wheels; 17x7.5 with 225/45 in the front and 17x8.5 with 245/40 in the rear. I am thinking to go with Dinan Stage 1 or Stage 2 upgrade. Can you recommend any other setup? If any one of you have this or similar setup, please give me your opinion. Thanks.
kimluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Gary@Tirerack

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimluk
Gary, I have 1999 328i w/o sport package. I would like to upgrade both the wheels and suspension. I am not going to track or race the car. It is my daily driver. I would like to match the look and the ride performance of the 330i's sport package. I am going to upgrade to M68 wheels; 17x7.5 with 225/45 in the front and 17x8.5 with 245/40 in the rear. I am thinking to go with Dinan Stage 1 or Stage 2 upgrade. Can you recommend any other setup? If any one of you have this or similar setup, please give me your opinion. Thanks.
Although I'm not familiar with Dinan products, a common setup to get you in the league of (or slightly beyond) the 330 sport suspension, I'd suggest looking into a setup with Koni sport adjustables and either H&R or Eibach springs for a good compromise between ride and handling.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...sion/index.jsp

Click sig! -->

Gary@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #3
TwoE46s

My Ride: Dinan 330ci & 325it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimluk
I really like my Dinan Stage 2 - a solid ride, that doesn't beat you or your car to death on the street, and is a nice improvement on the track as well. As you probably know, the shocks are Koni's, and I think the either H&R or Eibach make the Dinan springs and bars to Dinan's specs.

I'm also a fan of 17s over 18s or above, although 18s do look nice. You may also want to consider 17x8s with a 38 or 40 offset, and 235/40s all around. That's my track set up, and I think it looks really good as well - with that offset the rear tires actually sit out further in the rear wheel wells than the factory 17x8 1/2s with 245/40s - even the 225/45s on my wagon sit futher out in the rear wheel wells. The only problem you may run into is a lack of choices in that tire size.
17X8 BBS RXs & 225/45 Toyo Proxes 4s
Coupe:(sold)
Dinan "S" plus Throttle Body & Stg 3 Software
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension
UUC Shifter
UUC Underdrive Pulleys
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on factory M Double Spoke 68s
Track Stuff - 17X8 OZ SuperLeggeras & 235/40 Toyo RA1s; Shroth Harnesses
TwoE46s is offline   Reply With Quote