E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
dambro24

My Ride: 330ci
carsoft 6.5

I recently purchased a bmw diagnostic tool for my 323i and my 97 528i .
so i went to ebay to try to find a peake reset tool , but after reading up and researching this unit seemed like it could not only read and reset the codes but tell you what the possible problems were and how to fix them all in one. I emailed the owner of the product and asked him if he would send me the carsoft 6.5 bmw software with the obII port connectors and he said it was all included. So i purchased the unit for $260.00 total. he sent me the product and "software". but when i go to install the software i always get a "path to long error " and the software does not install correctly. now here is what my 2 cars needed:

the 323i needed the
check engine light reset . "
airbag reset (both worked with) both reseted. no problems

the 97 528i
check engine reset( which resets then click back on in a few seconds)
airbag light (which comes right back on )
asc (which goes off then right back on )
intrument cluster taillight( which goes off and right back on after few seconds)

now there are two parts to the program there is the dignostic part which i can only get to when I go maually into the program and open it up , but the carsoft 6.5 will always say not completley installed when i try to bring it up and will not tell me when a light is reseted and then comes right back on where the problem is cominng from and what some of the possible solutions are. which i need to work of course with my 528i to make the product worth wild.

does anyone want me to send the program to them maybe you can install it correctly and let me know how. Or does anyone have the program that can send me the correct one

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
dambro24

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4569776584

seller who sold it to me dont buy from this guy i emailed and spoke to him on the phone and himself or I could not get the software to work on my computer and he still would not give me my money back . I asked him what he would do about it and he just left it there , with no response.

here is the link to the
Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
dbond

My Ride: 99 328i sp
did you try to install it not in c:\program files, but some place like c:\carsoft?
dbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
dambro24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbond
did you try to install it not in c:\program files, but some place like c:\carsoft?

I TRIED I GET THE SAME ERROR
Old 09-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
dambro24

G

Quote:

ILL SEND YOU THE PROGRAM IF YOU WANT AND YOU CAN TRY IT .
Old 09-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #6
dbond

My Ride: 99 328i sp
I might have a version of this program myself, never used it though. Can you PM me or email me on Monday to remind me to check for one?
dbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
dambro24

d

Quote:
I might have a version of this program myself, never used it though. Can you PM me or email me on Monday to remind me to check for one?

you busy right now? i dont want to bother you . yes i def can email you monday if you would like . i can even send you ther version i have right now if you want i just need your email adress
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
Tichx

My Ride: BMW 323i SE
How do you reset the airbag light with Carsoft 6.5? what's the procedure?

any help appreciated...I have the cable and software.
Harmon Kardon - Retrofit
CSL Saloon Bootlid - Installed
Bi-Xenon/Angel Eyes - Installed
MFSW/Cruise Control - Retrofit
19inch RS Futura Alloys - Installed

Tichx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
dambro24

infor to reset airbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tichx
How do you reset the airbag light with Carsoft 6.5? what's the procedure?

any help appreciated...I have the cable and software.

very very easy you just go into the diagnostics of the software.(the program says diagnostics. if you go into c drive programsthen carsoft 6.5 then look inside that program file for the icon that says diagnostics. after you double lcik it , you will see a program come up , which has on one of the tabs at the top, that will allow you to reset any light includuing you airbag light , with one click of the mouse once it is connected to your comouter and car.

now you can do me a favor. i have the carsoft 6.5 but it says will installing it that there is a problem installing the interface. can you send me your version over to me email . dambro24@yahoo.com
Old 10-17-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
Guy With A BMW

My Ride: 2003.5 AW M3 SMG
Can you send me a working copy too....I lost my original CD

PM me.
Guy With A BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #11
guest1017
Banned

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to guest1017
send a copy here.. ill let u know whats up
guest1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #12
ivprodigy

My Ride: E46
if you can please send me a copy as well
thanks
ivprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:23 AM   #13
bimmer jon

My Ride: M3(Sold),2005 645ci
did you ever figure out what was going on with this? I was interested in buying this on ebay to to flash my LCM. Just wanted to see if you had any success with getting it to work. if you did get it to work, would you be able to check if you can code an LCM with the software! thanks in advance

B l a c k . S a p p h i r e . M e t a l l i c . 6 4 5 c i
bimmer jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 AM   #14
luckysnafu

My Ride: e90 330i|87 328(m52)
if you know how to use BitTorrent (www.bittorrent.com) send me a PM and I can tell you where you can download a copy of carsoft 6.5
luckysnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #15
maniac005

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer jon
did you ever figure out what was going on with this? I was interested in buying this on ebay to to flash my LCM. Just wanted to see if you had any success with getting it to work. if you did get it to work, would you be able to check if you can code an LCM with the software! thanks in advance
You can't flash an LCM with Carsoft. I can do it for you if you're in the NYC area. That's if you need it flashed for xenons.
maniac005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 PM   #16
vmwerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 330zhp Super Coupe
Send a message via AIM to vmwerks
Carsoft sucks ass, it is a glorified code reader. I have a licensed version that I spent alot of money on and it was a waste... You need the dongle code and fax Carsoft to get the key otherwise it will not work correctly. (or find a crack) IMO it is a waste of time...
vmwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #17
e46addicted

My Ride: E46 320CI 2000
Hi all

The "path too long" error message on carsoft 6.5 is a common issue, but believe that your copy works well. The path too long error message is not caused by the install location (destination directory) wich is "c:\program files\carsoft\bmw", but by the source directory. In my case, the install files were in a folder named carsoft, but the folder was on my desktop, wich means that the install files were located on "c:\documents and settings\username\desktop\carsoft\". This path is too long for setup application to process it, knowing that the install files (setup.exe for instance) should be located on the root directory (X:\). So my advice is : Throw the install files on a cd, root directory.

Install and enjoy Carsoft, Sisters and Brothers
e46addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:11 AM   #18
SDL2000

My Ride: 318
I apologize for bad English - I write through the program the interpreter

Here all this is.
http: // www.carhelp.info/forums/65/thread4255/
Both broken CarSoft, and circuit
The truth a forum in Russian
SDL2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #19
Dkny956

My Ride: 2000 323i
Please someone send me a copy of a WORKING carsoft!!! markanthonywatts@hotmail.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Dkny956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #20
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmwerks View Post
Carsoft sucks ass, it is a glorified code reader. I have a licensed version that I spent alot of money on and it was a waste... You need the dongle code and fax Carsoft to get the key otherwise it will not work correctly. (or find a crack) IMO it is a waste of time...
Beside, the BMW GT1 equipment, what is the best aftermarket "dealer level" diagnostic/programming tool out there? I heard EPIAS? Is this correct?
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote