E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
Yellowmann
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?

My Ride: AA SC Y2K 323i
Send a message via AIM to Yellowmann
Yellowmann's Luminlite Silver Optic Bulbs Review

Questions I posted from e46 Fanatics : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296379

So I decided to pick these bulbs up from http://www.audiomotivegruppe.com/pr...ct&productid=47

It was perfect timing since my dash light indicated that my right corner light was out. I went to take out my DIY silvervisions and notice the reason why my dash light was on. The tip of the bulb was corroded away which cause a bad contact with the light bulb holder.

The first thing I notice on the new bulb was its mirror light silver finish. It fit in perfectly and light up like the OEM amber color. The shipping from Audiomotivegruppe.com was fast. As of right now im very happy with these bulbs. I will report back after few weeks to let everyone know if the bulb faded or burn out. So if anyone are looking for new or replacement bulbs... I would try these out yourselves.

Here is the first pics of these new bulbs.

Here is a picture of my DIY silvervision. If you look close up at the DIY bulb tip, you will notice that it was not like the original one. It look like the paint was attracted to the tip and was ate away by it.

Here is a picture of them lite up and boy does it look like OEM...nice and bright. When off it gives a great clean look to the headlights. I also got these for my rear turn signal.

Charlie

Once A Yellowmann, Always A Yellowmann ...One Who Is Wise - Always Learn From Other People's Mistakes ...One Who Thinks That They Can Never Be Successful - Will Never Be Successful ...First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again ...
Yellowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
bluecougar
A bimmer chick moderator :)

My Ride: MB & LR3
the coating of those bulbs are cool wow very bright
Old 09-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #3
devGOD
devGOD

My Ride: AA S/C 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to devGOD Send a message via Yahoo to devGOD
sweet. i'll have to get a set. do you have an pics with them off?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Yellowmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by devGOD
sweet. i'll have to get a set. do you have an pics with them off?
I will have to take it tomorrow for you of the rear since the front have the yellow film over my corners. But it looks just like the bulb picture I took.

Mel, they are very bright and im sure these will last way longer then my DIY ones.

Once A Yellowmann, Always A Yellowmann ...One Who Is Wise - Always Learn From Other People's Mistakes ...One Who Thinks That They Can Never Be Successful - Will Never Be Successful ...First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again ...
Old 10-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Yellowmann

Sorry for the delay on the requested picture. I was out of the country for a trip. Anyway, here it is....

The bulb just blends in so well you can't even tell its there.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowmann
Sorry for the delay on the requested picture. I was out of the country for a trip. Anyway, here it is....

The bulb just blends in so well you can't even tell its there.
awwww....charlie. I love that "support our troops" sticker. Is it for me and that ugly mutual friend of yours (Alex)?
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
Yellowmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
awwww....charlie. I love that "support our troops" sticker. Is it for me and that ugly mutual friend of yours (Alex)?
You know me... I have to support the troops some how since I can't join the arm forces. Keep up the great work

Old 10-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #8
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA

Man that guy Alex is pretty good looking guy. I knowthis one guy named Bill Nguyen, I saw him at a meet, this guy got beat down with an UGLY STICK. His STOCK CAR was the same WAY, UGLY!!!!

Last edited by Ausfahrt; 10-11-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #9
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausfahrt
Man that guy is pretty good looking. I dont know why you say that.

Ladies and gentleman you officialyl heard it first on e46fanatics! Alex (aka Ausfhart) is coming out of the closet officially.

I will tell Craig that you think he is good looking.

Maybe this is why you and Charlie always spend long weekend in the cabin in upstate NY. I heard you guys would take long ass walk/hike in the woods.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausfahrt
Man that guy is pretty good looking. I know of one guy named Bill Nguyen, I saw him at a meet, this guy got beat down with an UGLY STICK. His STOCK CAR was the same WAY, UGLY!!!!
i hope u grabbed selma's ass!

charlie- those look good. how much for 4? 2 of my silvervisions burned out
and the corrosion deal... yea same happened to me. mine corroded so much, the bulb carriers contact point literally had a hole in the center. had to get new ones.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Ladies and gentleman you officialyl heard it first on e46fanatics! Alex (aka Ausfhart) is coming out of the closet officially.

I will tell Craig that you think he is good looking.

Maybe this is why you and Charlie always spend long weekend in the cabin in upstate NY. I heard you guys would take long ass walk/hike in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
I am asian. I only go for fat and hairy asian gurls.
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
SrCsTc
Banned

My Ride: 00 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to SrCsTc

Nice review Charlie!

-Rich
SrCsTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #13
RR BuGGz

My Ride: '10 Alp White 135i
Send a message via AIM to RR BuGGz
Looks good Charlie. Much better than the Home Depot Silverlike bulbs
RR BuGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:14 AM   #14
Yellowmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325
i hope u grabbed selma's ass!

charlie- those look good. how much for 4? 2 of my silvervisions burned out
and the corrosion deal... yea same happened to me. mine corroded so much, the bulb carriers contact point literally had a hole in the center. had to get new ones.
I remember that
The bulb and cost is found here. I will need to get some silver side markers bulbs too. The cost is $27.95 plus FREE Shipping to 48 contiguous states.
http://www.audiomotivegruppe.com/ind...?categoryid=50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrCsTc

Nice review Charlie!

-Rich
Yeah, small mod but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR BuGGz
Looks good Charlie. Much better than the Home Depot Silverlike bulbs
Now, I don't have to worry about my dash light going on and off when the DIY bulbs not having good contact.

Last edited by Yellowmann; 10-12-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
nughaud

My Ride: '01 330CI / '11 335i
I had a problem with 1 bulb, I took it out, took some pliers and snipped off the end so it had good contact and no problems since then. The only problem was on the front right turn signal, all the other lights, the rears and sidemarkers have never had a problem. FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowmann
I remember that
The bulb and cost is found here. I will need to get some silver side markers bulbs too. The cost is $27.95 plus FREE Shipping to 48 contiguous states.
http://www.audiomotivegruppe.com/ind...?categoryid=50

Yeah, small mod but worth it.

Now, I don't have to worry about my dash light going on and off when the DIY bulbs not having good contact.