E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #21
jaybonez99

My Ride: cars
the s2k and m are '05s. i lived at 1300 bulding. i had a black '02 accord coupe when i was at tech(lowered with xenons). back then i drove with xenons on all the time. i'm pretty sure i've seen your car around.

i grew up in reston and went to h.s. in herndon. i live in leesburg now, basically down the road from purcellvile.

i recently installed vct tiles in my garage. i'm sure your not at that point yet but give me a PM and i'll let you know how its holding up so far.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnut2683
GO HOKIES!

Yeah man, I've lived at Collegiate Suites since my sophomore year. Did you have that S2K down here when you were at VT? Because I'm pretty sure I recall an S2K in Collegiate Suites.

Back home in NOVA, I actually live in Purcellville. I grew up in Sterling, but moved to Purcellville right before I started college. We moved there to get away from everything, but it's becoming so popular now that the surrounding town and roads are just as crowded as the rest of Northern VA.
jaybonez99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #22
Lugnut2683

My Ride: Lotus Elise
Send a message via AIM to Lugnut2683
Wow... those tiles are hot. How much are they per tile?

I think those would look great in our garage, but our ground level floor space is something like 1600 SQ FT, so it would probably get really expensive. Like I said before, we'll probably end up going with an epoxy floor coating.

BTW, your M3 is sick... more pics of it!

DIY Garage Build (Updated November 18, 2009):

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297607
Lugnut2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #23
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
You don't work at ARL do you? I've seen a white M3 with CSL rims here a couple times. Probably just a coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybonez99
the s2k and m are '05s. i lived at 1300 bulding. i had a black '02 accord coupe when i was at tech(lowered with xenons). back then i drove with xenons on all the time. i'm pretty sure i've seen your car around.

i grew up in reston and went to h.s. in herndon. i live in leesburg now, basically down the road from purcellvile.

i recently installed vct tiles in my garage. i'm sure your not at that point yet but give me a PM and i'll let you know how its holding up so far.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 09-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #24
grizzy727

My Ride: 08 m5 + 04 911=845hp
Looks awesome-- the shelby cobra will be my next car!!!

Mike
grizzy727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #25
jaybonez99

I had 400 sq ft and spent about $400 on tiles/materials. Your looking at about a dollar per sq ft. I can't imagine laying 1,600 sq ft though

The M is stock w/ competition package. Only mod is clear bra. Tint and angel eyes will probably be coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnut2683
Wow... those tiles are hot. How much are they per tile?

I think those would look great in our garage, but our ground level floor space is something like 1600 SQ FT, so it would probably get really expensive. Like I said before, we'll probably end up going with an epoxy floor coating.

BTW, your M3 is sick... more pics of it!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #26
jaybonez99

i work in bethesda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDon
You don't work at ARL do you? I've seen a white M3 with CSL rims here a couple times. Probably just a coincidence
Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #27
Car2nr4Life

My Ride: 04 330ci
Oh man, this project of yours has me excited . . . I got wood over it .

Definitely keep us posted on the progress. A 427 replica is something I have planned to build in the next few years. I've been in love with that car since first sight. What company are you getting the kit from?
Car2nr4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:02 AM   #28
atomicgroove

My Ride: 2 BMW E46 Jeep TJ
Have you decided what cobra replica company your going to use?
Iím currently helping my friend build one. He is going with a Lonestar Classics replica. I have another friend that owns a Factory Five replica both are great cars.

We just finish prepping the frame with POR-15 and we added some Speed Pans to the underside of the body for high speeds

Baer Brakes 13" drilled and slotted

Old 09-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #29
atomicgroove

Here is a post i made about another friends Lonestar Classic cobra
it has a short video clip and some shots of the car.

I'm still working on getting my kit.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293963
Old 09-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #30
jaybonez99

my neighbor down the street has a replica cobra. i always know when he's taking it out for a spin because i can hear it coming up and down the street. you just know someone is a true enthusiast when their up early saturday morning firing up the cobra.

how long does it take to build the kit?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #31
atomicgroove

well depends on your skills

One guy i know built his in 6 months.. most people take about a full year to complete.

Lonestar classics has a video of a build they did in 7 hrs
Link
(you have to scroll down to see it on the video list)
Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #32
Domi84
OEM ///Member

My Ride: '99 Passat VR5
Send a message via MSN to Domi84
What did they put under the floor? Do really have to put tiles in there? As far as i know(overhere) a buffed floor is ready to use when it has dried.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #33
Lugnut2683

My Ride: Lotus Elise
Send a message via AIM to Lugnut2683
atomicgroove - That's awesome man.

Well when we first started looking at Cobra replicas years ago, Lonestar was one of our top picks. But a lot has changed since then... Lonestar still sells great kits, but we're going to go with the Factory Five kit. I like the fact that it's a tube frame chassis, and I also think the kit is one of the most accurate replicas out there. You'll have to update me more on that build... it's great to see that other E46Fanatics are intersted in Cobra replicas! I've seen those pics of your friend's silver Cobra too... sweet car. That is actually one of the color scheme's my dad and I were considering. I think it would look hot to use the same colors used on Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds.

DIY Garage Build (Updated November 18, 2009):

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297607
Lugnut2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #34
330man

My Ride: Is sold
Send a message via AIM to 330man
Nice New Holland. I used to sell those things about six years ago.

At this point in the development of our society, there is virtually no writing which has not been plagiarized at least in part from another. I read that somewhere.
330man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #35
atomicgroove

Factory Five is a good company the only thing i dont like about there kit is you need a donor car.

Check out this cobra on the dyno!

RIGHT CLICK HERE AND SAVE AS.... PLEASE

Video is 12.5 MB in size
Old 09-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #36
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Lugnut, I've seen my share of home-modding threads on here, but this one takes the cake. That's going to be totally schweet, and I hope you keep us all posted on it. to you and your old man for being two major pimps.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:57 PM   #37
slow323ci
E46-free since 10-13-06

My Ride: 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicgroove
Factory Five is a good company the only thing i dont like about there kit is you need a donor car.
No you don't. I know several guys with Factory Five replicas and none of them used donor cars.

I also know 3 guys with Superformance replicas. Now THAT's a nice Cobra replica. I know another guy with a factory-built Excalibur Cobra replica. It's 4 inches longer and wider than the original.

I would kill for a garage like the one Lugnut is building.
slow323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #38
amitv85
ROI-ndian

My Ride: is oOoOoUT
Send a message via AIM to amitv85

Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: F**k you. That's my name.
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name
amitv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #39
atomicgroove

They must have modified there kit. You have any pics of there setup? What did they use for suspension components?

I'm not bashing factory five at all I also know some people with them and they look and perform great!

What i really like about LoneStar's kit is there pan are droped so if your tall you can sit in the car and your head doesnt stick out past the windshield and the car is longer so i have more leg room inside.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #40
atomicgroove

Nice GTO my father is restoring a 66 Vert right now.. he picked it up 10 years ago and just now starting to work on it. i think he paid 500 bucks from the 2nd owner