E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.08 average.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #1861
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
can you guys reccomend a place to get your moldings repainted?

NO to west coast customs (700$ish)

i have yet to call sinful but i heard they do good work and the price isnt that steep.
Harloff BMW (soon-to-be Encinitas BMW), but not sure what they would charge for moldings. I've gotten all my stuff painted there, and they do excellent work. Call and ask for Tessa or Fernando.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #1862
Joey325i

My Ride: X GSR | STI
Send a message via AIM to Joey325i
15 south around 2:30 silver gray m3, lowered with what looked like HRE's, had a So Cal Euro sticker, i was in the white evo in the next lane over

Joey325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #1863
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Hey guys ( trying not to jack this thread ), where is the best place in SD to lower the car and maybe a paint shop, but also fairly affordable, I got my wheels and dont know where to go to put them on and lower the car at the same time
Old 12-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #1864
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
For work that I can't do myself, I take it to Creative Autoworks in Clairemont Mesa. You can also get an alignment from them.

They don't paint though.

Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #1865
TheRusski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaly View Post
For work that I can't do myself, I take it to Creative Autoworks in Clairemont Mesa. You can also get an alignment from them.

They don't paint though.
Do you know how much they charge for lowering? Thanks BTW
Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #1866
Mikaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBmrDude View Post
Do you know how much they charge for lowering? Thanks BTW
Depends on a bunch of things. Like, are you providing the springs? I recommend you also change our your shocks if you're going below factory specs.

Together, (shocks and springs) it'll run about $225 for just the install. But don't quote me on that since I'm not an employee

Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM   #1867
TheRusski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaly View Post
Depends on a bunch of things. Like, are you providing the springs? I recommend you also change our your shocks if you're going below factory specs.

Together, (shocks and springs) it'll run about $225 for just the install. But don't quote me on that since I'm not an employee
Yes i'm going to get shocks and springs myself and let the shop just install them, my buddy said that it will cost me $500 just for the install, i think its a little BS
Old 12-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #1868
Mikaly

Quote:
Yes i'm going to get shocks and springs myself and let the shop just install them, my buddy said that it will cost me $500 just for the install, i think its a little BS
Yeah, e-mail James at CreativeAutoworks and he'll take care of you. It should be around what I said for the install if you provide the parts. An alignment (you should get one ~1 week after install) will run you another $65.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #1869
J.DoubleU.O.

So who in here is the resident I.C.E. expert, or can refer me to someone/some place that can do some installation but not charge me an arm and a leg. I need to get some stuff done, and it's looking increasinly more and more difficult the futher I delve into it. I'm gonna try to do as much as I can, with help, but I'm not too sure that I can complete everything without some professional help, or at least someone with experience and expertise. Just in case you're wondering: OEM rear entertainment system (headrests with 7" monitors) but instead of going off the OEM DVD player, I'm going to be running them off the PS2 wich will also be linked up to the TVonNAV premium kit with OEM TV Tuner, so that I can get everything on the NAV screen as well as the LCDs in each headrest. So, any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:01 AM   #1870
jay avery

My Ride: e46
Send a message via AIM to jay avery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobo View Post
OEM rear entertainment system (headrests with 7" monitors) but instead of going off the OEM DVD player, I'm going to be running them off the PS2 wich will also be linked up to the TVonNAV premium kit with OEM TV Tuner, so that I can get everything on the NAV screen as well as the LCDs in each headrest. So, any suggestions?
i have that setup, u can use any dual/tri zone head unit and do that. i don't know any audio places in sd that do good work. try goldstar in irvine, ask for sanjay, tell him i sentcha.

-J
Old 12-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #1871
iiilgsrlll

My Ride: C55 ////AMG
Send a message via AIM to iiilgsrlll
La Jolla Audio.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
iiilgsrlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #1872
Joey325i

My Ride: X GSR | STI
Send a message via AIM to Joey325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiilgsrlll View Post
La Jolla Audio.
ill second that, haven't had work done by them but i've seen their work and its very clean

Joey325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #1873
J.DoubleU.O.

Quote:
La Jolla Audio.
Anything with La Jolla in it just sounds expensive.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #1874
hypnotiq

My Ride: Yayo White 3
What type of headrest monitors are you getting? I was thinking of getting the ebay ones. You can get them already mounted into a headrest for about 200-250 per set. A lot of the carpc guys have gotten them and have said good things about them.
hypnotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #1875
iygnitna

My Ride: is blue
Quote:
La Jolla Audio.
i'll third that. i had some work done there and they did a pretty good job.
iygnitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #1876
Bmw M3 Guy

My Ride: LSB E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Bmw M3 Guy
TiAg silver M3 followed me all the way from 805 north all the way to 5 north untill I got off Manchester, and then waved to you as I got off.

Haha thanks for following me the whole way, Ill take it as you were helping light the road in front of us. Quad xenon baby.

Factory - Everything except Nav.
Aftermarket- Gruppe M Ti exhaust, 19 Ssr Gt-10, 285x30x19R - 255x35x19F, Jl 10''W7/Jl 500/1, Blacked Grill, Blacked Gills, L.e.d. tail lights, Angel eyes, Depot crystal smoked corners, Painted reflectors, Uuc pedals, H&R sport springs, K&N drop in filter, Drilled rotors, Axis pads.
Bmw M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #1877
tdevil

My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
Quote:
make sure james@creative is doing the actual work, james knows his stuff and i would trust my car with him.

for an alignment they give it to the shop next to them, that shop doest do corner balancing there, i had a bad mixup with them so my opinion of them isnt very high.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #1878
E46Supra
Kompressed

My Ride: ///M
Make sure James ISN'T doing ANY work on your car.

His "workmanhsip" during a spring install cost me an additional $700 of my own money and a new drivers side rear trailing arm. I ended up upgrading to coliovers anyway so that whole experience was a bad one.

PM me if you need more info.

I hope Creative has improved since my experience there.

Universale Selbstladepistole

Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
BMW M5

Last edited by E46Supra; 12-18-2006 at 02:04 PM.
E46Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #1879
iiilgsrlll

My Ride: C55 ////AMG
Send a message via AIM to iiilgsrlll
Ben, I doubt it based on what I've heard recently.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
iiilgsrlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #1880
tdevil

My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Supra View Post
Make sure James ISN'T doing ANY work on your car.

His "workmanhsip" during a spring install cost me an additional $700 of my own money and a new drivers side rear trailing arm. I ended up upgrading to coliovers anyway so that whole experience was a bad one.

PM me if you need more info.

I hope Creative has improved since my experience there.
ouch.

good shops are hard to come by nowadays.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alex <3 penis, cover me in gabe jizz, gheybe's butt plug, good penis, i fap to gabe 24/7, sluts