E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
NorCal BMWBoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Francisco. Ca
Posts: 456
My Ride: Boosted 328ci
Good Place To Find Tires??

Antone really resourceful that can tell me a good place to find either dicontinued model tires for sheap or somewhere to look for people selling used tires online? i bought Hartges off another member ...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=278768

all the rims are messes up cracks in the paint, curb rash ect ect, got a quote for $800 to repair all wheels including removing the tires, repainting all the wheels, fix the curb rash and polish out the lip and remount and balance tires. The seller did tell me that the tires need to be replaced but after spending 1400 to buy the wheels then 800 to repair i dont fell like dropping another $1000 for tires = 3200 for used rims with new tires!!! i could have gotten some used HREs!!!! %$^&%$^*%*$ still waiting on the ESS SC fron Netteaser as well, at least i have a tracking number now ...
__________________


email me at BMWSUBFRAME@GMAIL.COM if you have had subframe damage!
NorCal BMWBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
my330ci04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 308
My Ride: 04 330 ci, 06 650i
Check eBay for used tires. For the wheel repair take a look at this place:

http://www.fixrim.com/

They have a location in San Francisco
my330ci04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:35 AM   #3
NorCal BMWBoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Francisco. Ca
Posts: 456
My Ride: Boosted 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by my330ci04
Check eBay for used tires. For the wheel repair take a look at this place:

http://www.fixrim.com/

They have a location in San Francisco
cool
__________________


email me at BMWSUBFRAME@GMAIL.COM if you have had subframe damage!
NorCal BMWBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:37 AM   #4
TeKNiC3
Registered User
 
TeKNiC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BayArea,CA
Posts: 1,869
My Ride: 330i.M3.aBox.996TT
Send a message via AIM to TeKNiC3
Ouch that sucks.

Where are you getting your wheels repaired at?

And who was the seller?
__________________
TeKNiC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:43 AM   #5
TeKNiC3
Registered User
 
TeKNiC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BayArea,CA
Posts: 1,869
My Ride: 330i.M3.aBox.996TT
Send a message via AIM to TeKNiC3
If you want some T1's the wheel shop i goto got them on special right now for $700 installed tax included for a set of 235/35/19's. They're in Milpitas.
__________________
TeKNiC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:13 AM   #6
Anben G
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: JHB - South Africa
Posts: 225
My Ride: 05 ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal BMWBoy
Antone really resourceful that can tell me a good place to find either dicontinued model tires for sheap or somewhere to look for people selling used tires online? i bought Hartges off another member ...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=278768

all the rims are messes up cracks in the paint, curb rash ect ect, got a quote for $800 to repair all wheels including removing the tires, repainting all the wheels, fix the curb rash and polish out the lip and remount and balance tires. The seller did tell me that the tires need to be replaced but after spending 1400 to buy the wheels then 800 to repair i dont fell like dropping another $1000 for tires = 3200 for used rims with new tires!!! i could have gotten some used HREs!!!! %$^&%$^*%*$ still waiting on the ESS SC fron Netteaser as well, at least i have a tracking number now ...
Sorry dude... i know what you going through... i paid a fortune to ship my wheels... i am kinda happy with them but still wondering if it was worth all that $$$.

Hope you feel better once everything is sorted and they on the car!
__________________
Anben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
TeKNiC3
Registered User
 
TeKNiC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BayArea,CA
Posts: 1,869
My Ride: 330i.M3.aBox.996TT
Send a message via AIM to TeKNiC3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anben G
Sorry dude... i know what you going through... i paid a fortune to ship my wheels... i am kinda happy with them but still wondering if it was worth all that $$$.

Hope you feel better once everything is sorted and they on the car!
Hmm..For some reason I missed that thread in his 1st post.
__________________
TeKNiC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #8
NorCal BMWBoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Francisco. Ca
Posts: 456
My Ride: Boosted 328ci
update all 4 wheels have some bends in them so had to step up to 950 for repairs =(
__________________


email me at BMWSUBFRAME@GMAIL.COM if you have had subframe damage!
NorCal BMWBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
TeKNiC3
Registered User
 
TeKNiC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BayArea,CA
Posts: 1,869
My Ride: 330i.M3.aBox.996TT
Send a message via AIM to TeKNiC3
That sucks big time. Is the seller going to do anything to resolve this?
__________________
TeKNiC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
if you are interested in michelin's or BFG's www.shorelinemotoring.com. call them. don't order online. they are the absolute cheapest. about 5% cheaper than tirerack on those brands and if they aren't cheaper than tirerack for your size tire... they will pricematch tirerack.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use