E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2002, 04:04 PM   #1
spubar

My Ride: 323ci
Angry I just bought 7 inch Farenheit screen and im pissed

I ordered two 7 inch Farenheit T-7001MHR screens for my headrest and none of the installers told me they will work. They dont come with a bracket to lock the screen into the mesh(bracket). The mesh it comes with is a very cheap piece of plastic and theres nothing locking the screen in place. So when you adjust your seat or drive fast your screen may come out of place and then you'll end up damaging it cuz the wire will be stuck so the lcd may detach from the mounting all together. Im so pissed, i can't believe they would sell some **** like this.
spubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Topaz330

My Ride: 08MGT,12CLS63 Launch
Re: I just bought 7 inch Farenheit screen and im pissed

Quote:
Originally posted by spubar
I ordered two 7 inch Farenheit T-7001MHR screens for my headrest and none of the installers told me they will work. They dont come with a bracket to lock the screen into the mesh(bracket). The mesh it comes with is a very cheap piece of plastic and theres nothing locking the screen in place. So when you adjust your seat or drive fast your screen may come out of place and then you'll end up damaging it cuz the wire will be stuck so the lcd may detach from the mounting all together. Im so pissed, i can't believe they would sell some **** like this.
if thats the case, they can install it like this, no big deal. if they didn't think of that i suggest you going somewhere that competent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snsheadrest.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	15911  
Old 09-20-2002, 04:17 PM   #3
spubar

^^^^^^^^^^^

That install costs $200 per headrest and a LEATHER upholstery has to do that not a car stereo shop!
Old 09-20-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
Topaz330

My Ride: 08MGT,12CLS63 Launch
Quote:
Originally posted by spubar
^^^^^^^^^^^

That install costs $200 per headrest and a LEATHER upholstery has to do that not a car stereo shop!
a lot of reputable shops can actually do that, there is no stitching involved in this process just cutting and glue. and if you want something done right and nice, you gotta pay the price
Old 09-21-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
spubar

I heard from a VERY reputable stereo store that having tvs in your headrests ****s up your headrests after awhile, say like a year or two later, it starts to look ugly and come loose no matter how good the install is. Is that true? Is there any great way to install your tvs and have your headrests looking the same way 2 years later?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:03 PM   #6
spubar

Hmm no one wants to answer this question which makes me think the guy in the stereo store was telling the truth.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #7
tpzblu330ci
TheOnlyConstantIsChange

My Ride: '11 Golf TDI
Send a message via AIM to tpzblu330ci
Topaz did answer your question he said all you ahve to do is install it that way and it will be find, the glue wont come loose so the screen shoyuld not move.

'93 Toyota LandCruiser
tpzblu330ci is offline   Reply With Quote