E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #21
EIAlfonso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McKinney,TX
Posts: 898
My Ride: 2011 535xi M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.dub
it retails for US$104.. or at least that's the listed price from BMW.

but parts here are more expensive in Canada, coupled with the 14% taxes so it came out to be around US$185given the current exchange rate
If its not to late

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276078
EIAlfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #22
xmltok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,205
My Ride: 2014 Carrera 4S
Send a message via AIM to xmltok
Ah I just sent paypal to someone for one for $60 shipped!
xmltok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 AM   #23
K.dub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 131
My Ride: Boxster
dang! for what I paid I could buy several of these!!
K.dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:09 AM   #24
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Talking M3

Received mine 2 weeks. A great deal IMHO. 271.00 shipped!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m3wheel.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	151874  
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:27 AM   #25
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,010
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarvenue
Received mine 2 weeks. A great deal IMHO. 271.00 shipped!
Am I missing something? It's $340 for a total wheel, M trim, buttons and all from Crevair. I guess if you have the trim and buttons already it's the way to go.........
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:52 AM   #26
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Am I missing something? It's $340 for a total wheel, M trim, buttons and all from Crevair. I guess if you have the trim and buttons already it's the way to go.........
it is what it is...price/photo=271.00
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #27
K.dub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 131
My Ride: Boxster
I go my steeering wheel for $255 shipped. However I don't have the tri color stitching.

and it hasn't arrived yet
K.dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #28
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,010
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarvenue
it is what it is...price/photo=271.00
Not really sure what your response means......I was wondering how you can get a total wheel for less than $340. Did you already have the trim piece??
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #29
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Not really sure what your response means......I was wondering how you can get a total wheel for less than $340. Did you already have the trim piece??
yes, what you see in the photo is what you get...


2 weeks shipping.
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #30
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,010
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarvenue
yes, what you see in the photo is what you get...


2 weeks shipping.
Yes......i understand that......Are you driving around with your wheel looking like that??? If not, where did you get the other parts and how much did you have to spend?
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #31
K.dub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 131
My Ride: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Yes......i understand that......Are you driving around with your wheel looking like that??? If not, where did you get the other parts and how much did you have to spend?

I am sure he transfered his button panels from his old wheel to this M3 one.
As for the lower panel, he could either transfer his current sport (split spoke) one or had purchased a new M3 one from dealer or used.

I am still waiting for my steering wheel (without any panels) and will be transfering over my button panel off my sport wheel ; as for the lower panel, I had bought a new m3 (solid spoke) one from the dealer for a ripped off price.
K.dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #32
jtkun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA, near Philly
Posts: 358
My Ride: OrientBlue on CHs
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.dub
I am sure he transfered his button panels from his old wheel to this M3 one.
As for the lower panel, he could either transfer his current sport (split spoke) one or had purchased a new M3 one from dealer or used.

I am still waiting for my steering wheel (without any panels) and will be transfering over my button panel off my sport wheel ; as for the lower panel, I had bought a new m3 (solid spoke) one from the dealer for a ripped off price.
Hey, when did you win the auction and when did you send payment? I'm curious because I won the auction on Sep 16, and he sent it on Sep 22 (from Poland where he was on vacation) and I still haven't received mine yet. He said he heard it can take up to 5-6 weeks to ship from Poland.

He's currently in vacation in Moracco, and will return on Nov 7. He said if I haven't received my steering wheel that he will send me another one on Monday. Hope I get this one soon! He said that if he sends it Priority from Sweden, it takes about 2 weeks.
__________________
jtkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #33
K.dub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 131
My Ride: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkun
Hey, when did you win the auction and when did you send payment? I'm curious because I won the auction on Sep 16, and he sent it on Sep 22 (from Poland where he was on vacation) and I still haven't received mine yet. He said he heard it can take up to 5-6 weeks to ship from Poland.

He's currently in vacation in Moracco, and will return on Nov 7. He said if I haven't received my steering wheel that he will send me another one on Monday. Hope I get this one soon! He said that if he sends it Priority from Sweden, it takes about 2 weeks.
I didn't buy mine from the Poland guy although I have seen alot of his auctions for these steering wheels. I bought mine from a guy in California who had the wheel up on ebay but I emailed him and bought it outside of ebay. He sent it on Oct 21st and I have yet to receive it; the limited tracking I have for the shipment shows that the item has entered Canada on the 25th but until now no delivery to me

He sent it out on Sept 22? that was my birthday! and it sure has been a long time since. I really hate waiting for stuff to arrive when it comes to online buying.
K.dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #34
Lugnut2683
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 2,290
My Ride: Lotus Elise
Send a message via AIM to Lugnut2683
I am assuming that when installing this steering wheel, it is self-aligning? I ask, because I installed an aftermarket Grant steering wheel on my old 72' El Camino, and you had to make sure your wheels were straight and the wheel was straight if you wanted the wheel to align correctly.
__________________
- Justin


DIY Garage Build (Updated November 18, 2009):

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297607
Lugnut2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #35
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,010
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnut2683
I am assuming that when installing this steering wheel, it is self-aligning? I ask, because I installed an aftermarket Grant steering wheel on my old 72' El Camino, and you had to make sure your wheels were straight and the wheel was straight if you wanted the wheel to align correctly.
The DIY on my330I.com shows a piocture of the alignment mark on the shaft and wheel.

http://www.my330i.com/mod23.php

step#7
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #36
BMWPower06
Registered User
 
BMWPower06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DC Area Want: TX
Posts: 21,539
My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
i just ordered my M3 wheel from the dealer, the retail price was $450 this includes the M lower trim and the buttons correct?
Thanks
Matt
__________________


Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #37
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Talking bejeezuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06
i just ordered my M3 wheel from the dealer, the retail price was $450 this includes the M lower trim and the buttons correct?
Thanks
Matt
NO! Wheel only as I posted a photo of what is included. This is one stocking BMW OEM number not many. These are not assemblies boxed and ready to go. The consumer orders/buys the various stocking OEM Part Numbers one at a time. As I posted. What you see, is what you get. If you look at my signature you can readily determine that I have a ZHP.......hence I am taking the parts required and assimilating the new M3 wheel to my covers, buttons...etc. This should be NO mystery at this point. LOL

Vaheh, Crevier rocks and is assembling the required parts and throwing them into the box and shipping.


Last edited by guitarvenue; 11-04-2005 at 11:47 AM.
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #38
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Am I missing something? It's $340 for a total wheel, M trim, buttons and all from Crevair. I guess if you have the trim and buttons already it's the way to go.........

CREVIER BMW
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #39
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,010
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06
i just ordered my M3 wheel from the dealer, the retail price was $450 this includes the M lower trim and the buttons correct?
Thanks
Matt
Cancel it and get it from CreviEr BMW for $340 delivered...it comes with everything! 800-309-2318 - ask for Vaheh, specify balck or multi color stitching.
__________________

Last edited by fmzip; 11-04-2005 at 11:53 AM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #40
guitarvenue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
My Ride: MOPED
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Cancel it and get it from CreviEr BMW for $340 delivered...it comes with everything! 800-309-2318 - ask for Vaheh, specify balck or multi color stitching.
great deal as usual, Crevier, Vaheh rox
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use