E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #41
fmzip

My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarvenue
NO! Wheel only as I posted a photo of what is included. This is one stocking BMW OEM number not many. These are not assemblies boxed and ready to go. The consumer orders/buys the various stocking OEM Part Numbers one at a time. As I posted. What you see, is what you get. If you look at my signature you can readily determine that I have a ZHP.......hence I am taking the parts required and assimilating the new M3 wheel to my covers, buttons...etc. This should be NO mystery at this point. LOL

Vaheh, Crevier rocks and is assembling the required parts and throwing them into the box and shipping.

I didn't follow you either "with what you see is what you get" I think I do now. What you are saying is that all those pictures I have seen of assembled complete wheel packaged in the box in other threads are more than just the $340. The $340 ticket price offered from Crevier is the wheel only PN 32342229500 as shown in this thread. Now I get it!

So in total going for a complete wheel, buttons and trim are different BMW part numbers, minus the airbag goes for alot more than $340 from what you are telling me. The picture of complete wheels in the box in other threads and your pic of just a bare wheel is what threw me off. I think I read too many M3 wheel posts trying to get the best price......

I guess I really lucked out then! I almost order the wheel, which I thought was complete from Crevier for $340 on Tuesday. Instead I stumbled across I a complete M3 wheel with trim and buttons minus the airbag off an 04. It's mint! I snagged it up for $280 shipped to my door from a fanatic on a different forum. I paypaled him Wednesday and I found it on my doorstep today!! Here I thought I saved a mere $60 but in reality I saved much, much more based on what you are saying! How much more? Anyone know? I didnt see any of the best costs of the trim and buttons mentioned in other m3 wheel threads.

I am slapping that baby on tomorrow, supposed to be 70 degrees here in Connecticut, great day for a foliage drive with a new M wheel!! Out with the sport wheel!

Last edited by fmzip; 11-04-2005 at 11:51 PM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #42
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip
Cancel it and get it from CreviEr BMW for $340 delivered...it comes with everything! 800-309-2318 - ask for Vaheh, specify balck or multi color stitching.
If i order from them, everything comes pre-assembled right? Its a simple plug and play. Also, these are new wheels for $340 right, not used ones?
Thanks
Matt

EDIT- According to this DIY, what i ordered comes with the M lower part and the buttons. I gave this exact PN and as u see he has all the parts
http://64.177.26.92/DIY_M3_Wheel.htm

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(

Last edited by BMWPower06; 11-04-2005 at 11:41 PM.
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #43
fmzip

From what guitarvenue is saying, my above thread explains it all. $340 is for the bare wheel, no buttons or trim from what he is saying. I based all my info I what I read in previous posts, not by actually calling Crevier. I assumed from pics I saw posted in other thread of complete wheels in boxes from Crevier, $340 was the total price. I guess that's not the case. $450 for a total wheel could be a good price then from what guitarvenue explained.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #44
BMWPower06

Quote:
From what guitarvenue is saying, my above thread explains it all. $340 is for the bare wheel, no buttons or trim from what he is saying. I based all my info I what I read in previous posts, not by actually calling Crevier. I assumed from pics I saw posted in other thread of complete wheels in boxes from Crevier, $340 was the total price. I guess that's not the case. $450 for a total wheel could be a good price then from what guitarvenue explained.
Well $450 is the retail price, im getting it for $360 because i have a friend who has an account with a local dealer. So if i get the full wheel for $360 sounds like im getting a steal

Old 11-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #45
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06
If i order from them, everything comes pre-assembled right? Its a simple plug and play. Also, these are new wheels for $340 right, not used ones?
Thanks
Matt

EDIT- According to this DIY, what i ordered comes with the M lower part and the buttons. I gave this exact PN and as u see he has all the parts
http://64.177.26.92/DIY_M3_Wheel.htm
OK..now I am totally confused!!! That PN in that link is what Crevier has for $340 ....if it indeed comes with trim and buttons, I was correct with what I said in the first place, complete wheel from Cevier for $340!! Thats the best deal out there. Buying a $270 wheel from overseas is a deal, waiting for it is too painful. Buy the complete wheel from Crevier, sell the trim to anothe fanatic and the wheel still costs you less than the one on Ebay..... Are we all in agreement? Someone needs to call Crevier or post in the forum below to confirm what they get for $340 unless another fanatic pipes in that already ordered from them. Also check this out:

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums...7184499-1.html
http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums...6970241-1.html

Last edited by fmzip; 11-05-2005 at 12:12 AM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:12 AM   #46
BMWPower06

^^^^^ i ordered my wheel on thurs and they said it will be in on monday morning, im gonna go pick it up then and let you know if it comes with the lower trim piece, if it doesnt im just going to buy it from crevier bmw then. But from everything else i have seen the trim piece is included

Old 11-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #47
BMWPower06

EVERYTHING LOOKS A-OKAY folks:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post3465135

THANK GOD

Old 11-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #48
fmzip

Quote:
^^^^^ i ordered my wheel on thurs and they said it will be in on monday morning, im gonna go pick it up then and let you know if it comes with the lower trim piece, if it doesnt im just going to buy it from crevier bmw then. But from everything else i have seen the trim piece is included
I always try my best to post accurate information only. I hope I keep up my impeccable record!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #49
fmzip

Quote:
EVERYTHING LOOKS A-OKAY folks:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post3465135

THANK GOD
My record is still in tact!

I guess if you can wait a month and don't need the guts of the wheel, order it from Ebay as this post suggests.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #50
BMWPower06

Quote:
My record is still in tact!

I guess if you can wait a month and don't need the guts of the wheel, order it from Ebay as this post suggests.
ive never ordered anything from ebay, i just dont feel comfortable doing it, i have heard too many horror stories. Just order from crevier bmw or get a discount on parts from ur local dealer, like i did

Old 11-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #51
BMWPower06

Yet another DIY where the guy actually switched from the M trim to none M trim, i dont know why u would want to do that, But here it is anyway

http://www.my330i.com/mod4.php#G

Old 11-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #52
fmzip

Quote:
ive never ordered anything from ebay, i just dont feel comfortable doing it, i have heard too many horror stories. Just order from crevier bmw or get a discount on parts from ur local dealer, like i did
I agree on Ebay , especially something from overseas. I did buy an m5 rear spoiler though for my 530. Packaged in China, painted for $75. Looks great, lots less than the dealer. Sometimes its worth the gamble, sometimes its not. For a $70 difference on the steering wheel, I wouldn't Ebay it, plus as I said, you get all the other items which you could sell off if you didn't need them.

In closing....we will all be very happy with our M wheels no matter how we got em!!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #53
fmzip

Quote:
Yet another DIY where the guy actually switched from the M trim to none M trim, i dont know why u would want to do that, But here it is anyway

I don't care for that look AT ALL! He must have ordered the Ebay wheel and used his exisiting sport wheel trim. Hopefully we will save future souls the trouble with this confusing thread!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:31 AM   #54
BMWPower06

Quote:
I don't care for that look AT ALL! He must have ordered the Ebay wheel and used his exisiting sport wheel trim. Hopefully we will save future souls the trouble with this confusing thread!
haha yea i hope we can save them all the time and hassle. The hardest part is waiting, i cant take it anymore i want to enjoy my wheel

Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #55
fmzip

Quote:

After further review, this is only a DIY for removing and replacing the trim. If you look closely it's a sport wheel, not an M wheel. It looks like he changed his trim first and created a DIY, then decided to buy an M wheel and did another DIY........as you stated though, some people still use the sport wheel trim on the M wheel.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #56
BMWPower06

Called dealer, and some noob guy said that the M3 wheel is on back order. I CALL Ill have to call again on monday when someone who actually knows what they are talking about can help me

Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #57
guitarvenue

My Ride: MOPED
Exclamation ?

Quote:
What's the BMW part number for a complete wheel with black trim, without the airbag and with the black stitching and with the controls? I think its time to upgrade my entire sport wheel.........

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...13&hg=91&fg=17

Last edited by guitarvenue; 11-05-2005 at 04:19 PM.
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:06 AM   #58
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarvenue
DUDE...I asked that question way , way back in the thread! It's been all figured out a long time ago! Are you still trying to make this thread more confsuing than at already is??
Old 11-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #59
BMWPower06

Quote:
DUDE...I asked that question way , way back in the thread! It's been all figured out a long time ago! Are you still trying to make this thread more confsuing than at already is??
M3 Wheel comes with everything but the airbag when u order it directly from the dealer.

/End thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #60
guitarvenue

My Ride: MOPED
Quote:
What is confusing about the parts breakdown?
guitarvenue is offline   Reply With Quote