E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #101
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violence
Here you are throwing down big cash to buy BMW's, and the last thing that I paid cash for on the spot was your mom
Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsmax
Didn't know they made a 2001 323...

Damn, good catch. I didn't even pay see that at first. That guy is such a dumba$$. I'm surprised he hasn't started "Who else had a threesome with two Playboy Plamates tonight" thread.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #102
BimmerDude18

My Ride: 1998 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon Man
Woooooow .. good catch ! Quick... declare "typo"

He meant a 2001 M3. Its ok, we all know real ballers carry cash. They aren't worried about getting robbed or losing it, or having any proof that there was a money transfer......

I mean, My dad has paid cash for some things, like his ATV, that was only 4 grand though, and 4 grand in 100's isn't too bad.

1998 528i 5-speed Work in progress
1988 Toyota Pickup (4WD 5-speed) daily
2007 San Marino Blue 350z 6-speed sold
1996 328i 5-speed sold

www.e46nonM.com - www.precision-sport.com - www.flyingwindowtinters.com - www.techniquetuning.com
BimmerDude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #103
Canadian330
E46///330

My Ride: E46 330
GOLDEN RULE! Lease things that depreciate in value ie. cars (although I own my car outright) and buy things that appreciate in value, ie. homes!

Canadian330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #104
J.DoubleU.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp
heh i walked into a dealership and pointed to a car saying i wanted it, and he laughed at me and said "it's $$$! you cant afford that young man get mom and dad out here and we'll talk" cause lets face it im a 20 year old "kid" So the next day I came back with a breifcase and threw it on the table and said "Hope you have a secretary as good as mine =D" the cash was just thrown thruout the brief case to be an especial dick. Bought my 01 323 straight up. Its always fun explaining to an old man how you make more money than him =D. I love doing realestate in Naples, Florida.

-Brad

Last edited by J.DoubleU.O.; 05-04-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:37 PM   #105
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
This thread is hilarious.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:01 AM   #106
Canadian330
E46///330

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violence
Damn you're a baller...and with cred like that, I dare say a shot caller. Amazing that you are a player in the Naples Florida real estate market at 20 (and all the way from Pittsburgh no less), that is what I call big pimpin'. That makes me sad. Here you are throwing down big cash to buy BMW's, and the last thing that I paid cash for on the spot was your mom

Canadian330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #107
Jeff 330CI

My Ride: 330CI
I don't understand why everyone thinks cash deals don't happen regularly. We often accept $1000-$30,000 cash payments at our family business and most of the time it is from Americans.

I personally use cheques when I make a payment over $1500 but you can't call BS just because you don't do business that way.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:47 AM   #108
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattclaud
I hope your joking. And all these people that actually pay "cash"... Why not just write them a check?!!!!
i dont know... she gave me cash?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:01 AM   #109
J.DoubleU.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff 330CI
I don't understand why everyone thinks cash deals don't happen regularly. We often accept $1000-$30,000 cash payments at our family business and most of the time it is from Americans.

I personally use cheques when I make a payment over $1500 but you can't call BS just because you don't do business that way.
I tell you what, when I'm over at the dealership I go to next week, I'll ask them how many people come in and buy their cars in cash, and I mean with Amercian $$$ and not a cashier's check.

I don't think dealerships like people coming in with tons of cash to buy cars since they have to count it and make sure to get it deposited right away. I'm sure it happens, but rarely. I know they would prefer a cashiers/official check.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:54 AM   #110
K.dub

My Ride: Boxster
I paid with a cashier check.
K.dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 AM   #111
EDawg

My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer420
I like your train of thought, but anyone giving investment advice and telling you to LEASE won't get much respect. Leasing is like rent, throwing money away.

anyone who believes that is ignorant. leasing a car is in no ways similar to renting a house. the reason renting house/apt is a bad idea compared with buying/owning a house is because houses tend to appreciate in value. you are "throwing away money" when renting a house/apt because that same money, if applied to buying and owning a house has a chance to grow. this is not the case with cars. if you buy a car, it's value will depreciate throughout your period of ownership. so what this means is that there is a COST associated with owning a car. this is the reason why leasing can be a good idea. lease payments for the most part cover depreciation of a vehicle and a little extra. when you are leasing and not tying up your $40K cash, you can invest that money and potentially get a return that will be greater than that "extra cost", in which case you will end up having an overall automobile expense that will be less than the depreciation costs of a $40K car that you paid cash for.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #112
bunilla

My Ride: 325 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp
heh i walked into a dealership and pointed to a car saying i wanted it, and he laughed at me and said "it's $$$! you cant afford that young man get mom and dad out here and we'll talk" cause lets face it im a 20 year old "kid" So the next day I came back with a breifcase and threw it on the table and said "Hope you have a secretary as good as mine =D" the cash was just thrown thruout the brief case to be an especial dick. Bought my 01 323 straight up. Its always fun explaining to an old man how you make more money than him =D. I love doing realestate in Naples, Florida.

-Brad

why did you put KID in quotes... You are a KID... actually a kid who brags about how much money he has = "spoiled BRAT"...

I doubt that at the age of 20 anyone in the realestate bussines whould take you serious...
bunilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #113
Tenchi
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist

My Ride: 330i, 535i
Send a message via AIM to Tenchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy
my mom gave me $15k in CASH to put down on my car.. yes my mama..
and the dealer was counting it ALL night.. they were in $20's and $100's...

hey tenchi.. wtf does tenchi mean?

yesterday i saw a yellow Z06 w/ license plate "TENCHI"
and i thought about u bro..

must be the same z06 310 ryda saw.

tenchi = japanese word for Heaven and Earth also anime character (its on at least 3 other threads )

Quote:
Stay away from FedEx if you want your packages delivered in one piece.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #114
Tenchi
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist

My Ride: 330i, 535i
Send a message via AIM to Tenchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff 330CI

well maybe thats cuz in Canada you don't have anti-money laundering laws? I deposited $15k into my account last month and did it spread out in 2 different weeks to avoid having any SAR report filed on me.

Quote:
Stay away from FedEx if you want your packages delivered in one piece.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #115
M3ZCP-SG

My Ride: M3 2005 ZCP 6-Mt
Exclamation

Cars are a waste of money and depreciate. Its better to lease and get a new car evey few years. Keep cash for buying Real Estate.

On a side note, I love my M3!!
M3ZCP-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #116
sprintman

My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Turned up in shorts and thongs and singlet. Owner did not look impressed. Wrote him out a cheque for $34,000 on the spot. He was amazed when it cleared and he had the funds. Nice touch I thought and reinforces 'never judge a book by it's cover'
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #117
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
$44,000 cash for a 318i.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 AM   #118
Connections

My Ride: 2001 320i e46
Yeah I paid for mine 100% in cash...

never purchased a car on a loan...

only thing I would buy with a loan would be property...
Connections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #119
328iBMW

My Ride: C320
Paid cash because I bought the car used from a private party.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #120
adas

My Ride: Alpine ///M3
Send a message via AIM to adas
$42K cash to a private party for my car. No car payments ftmfw

Headers|El Diablo|Tein S-Techs|UUC SSK|K&N 63|nx 100 shot|D/A Race|Matte V710s|audio|lots of cf goodies...more to come.
adas is offline   Reply With Quote