E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
jmillan

My Ride: 2000 323Ci - Steel B
Send a message via Yahoo to jmillan
Question Dustless brake pads

What's the best dustless brake pads taking into consideration price, effectiveness, and longevity? Thanks!

John
'00 323Ci
jmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:08 AM   #2
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
Axxis Deluxe from LaJolla Motorsports

www.justbmws.com

Ask for Carl...

$70 for the entire car...
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
yup - good word on the Axxis pads

valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
Conrad
Modelrater

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Send a message via AIM to Conrad
I'll have the Axxis pads on tomorrow. I'll let you know in about a week.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
jmillan

Cool....thanks for the advice! So are Axxis pads better than EBC? Conrad, let me know how it goes. I'm in Glendale Heights, IL!

John
Old 04-28-2002, 09:34 PM   #6
Conrad
Modelrater

Quote:
Originally posted by jmillan
Cool....thanks for the advice! So are Axxis pads better than EBC? Conrad, let me know how it goes. I'm in Glendale Heights, IL!

John
Hey, your not too far from me. I'll let ya know. Gimme about a week worth of driving. :smile:
Old 05-12-2002, 09:42 AM   #7
jmillan

Hey Conrad! So what's the verdict?
Old 05-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #8
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
I've had Axxis pads for about a year now...

I must say they are quite impressive. Price is very good at $70 for the entire car!
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #9
John from jersey
Creation awaits

My Ride: Gallardo, CLS55
Quote:

John
The EBC green is too soft a pad for our cars. Cars in our(E46) weight category will eat thru EBC Green pads like butter. The EBC Red has been known to still dust and in some cases warp rotors. I recommend to stay away from EBC.

There are over a 100 E46's running Axxis Pads. Havent heard of one complaint. They are great! Karl still is honoring the GB that we set up almost a year ago, due to the overwhelming response. Right now im workin with Karl to get a set for the E46M3.
John from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 01:49 PM   #10
Conrad
Modelrater

Quote:
Hey Conrad! So what's the verdict?
Well, still didn't get a chance to put them on yet. I let my inlaws take my car with them to the performance shop and they said my rotors were uneven and they did want to put them on. So I was planning on waiting till BMW replaces my rotors. But, I took my car in to service and they changed the pads without changing the rotors. So I guess I'll have to do it myself when the weather gets better. :sad:
Old 05-12-2002, 07:29 PM   #11
JJK-E46

My Ride: '01 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally posted by Conrad

Well, still didn't get a chance to put them on yet. I let my inlaws take my car with them to the performance shop and they said my rotors were uneven and they did want to put them on. So I was planning on waiting till BMW replaces my rotors. But, I took my car in to service and they changed the pads without changing the rotors. So I guess I'll have to do it myself when the weather gets better. :sad:
Hey Conrad, I just installed mine today and I have a warning for you. The pads are fine but justbmws.com sent me the wrong damn sensors!!!! Totally different size and fitment. Make sure you're sensors are the correct ones. You'l know what I mean when you pull it apart. I had cleaned out the old sensor and had to reuse it since my pads were worn anyway. Let me know if you have any questions....

james

E46 328i SOLD
JJK-E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 09:47 PM   #12
Conrad
Modelrater

Quote:
Originally posted by JJK-E46

Hey Conrad, I just installed mine today and I have a warning for you. The pads are fine but justbmws.com sent me the wrong damn sensors!!!! Totally different size and fitment. Make sure you're sensors are the correct ones. You'l know what I mean when you pull it apart. I had cleaned out the old sensor and had to reuse it since my pads were worn anyway. Let me know if you have any questions....

james
okies...wait...are the sensors packed with the pads? I didn't see any wires that came along with the pads. I can probably just use the ones that are on the new pads that the dealer installed.