E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #41
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #42
DanteArizona

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
I didnt see any drilled "Direct Replacement" rotors for the the 330i. Do they exist?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:38 PM   #43
MrGangBANG

My Ride: BMW 320d
Can you actually feel a big difference in stopping power between OEM en the stage 2 kit? I always thought you had to replace the calipers to increase stopping power.
Greetz
btw the stage 2 kit looks nice nonetheless
Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #44
teaggs

My Ride: 2003 325 ci on DPE's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGangBANG
Can you actually feel a big difference in stopping power between OEM en the stage 2 kit? I always thought you had to replace the calipers to increase stopping power.
Greetz
I was wondering the same thing. If you are not going to go with BBK then is it really worth the money to get any set-up other than just OEM.
teaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #45
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteArizona
I didnt see any drilled "Direct Replacement" rotors for the the 330i. Do they exist?
Sorry they are not available
Old 12-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #46
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Greetz
The cross-drilled or slotted rotors increase the braking performance in both wet and dry conditions.

The stainless steel brake lines don't necessarily give you more stopping power, but they definitely increase the feel of your braking pedal - giving you a much more "direct" feel to your brakes
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 AM   #47
MrGangBANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains
The cross-drilled or slotted rotors increase the braking performance in both wet and dry conditions.

The stainless steel brake lines don't necessarily give you more stopping power, but they definitely increase the feel of your braking pedal - giving you a much more "direct" feel to your brakes
Hmmm sounds interesting... To bad your overseas... I really really really hate paypal (had some bad experiences before )
Old 12-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #48
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Hmmm sounds interesting... To bad your overseas... I really really really hate paypal (had some bad experiences before )
What about using Western union?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #49
MrGangBANG

Wow great never knew something like that existed... Much better
Im gonna contact some friends who might also be interested in your products so we can have some sort of group buy.
Greetz
Old 12-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #50
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Wow great never knew something like that existed... Much better
Im gonna contact some friends who might also be interested in your products so we can have some sort of group buy.
Greetz
Alright let me know if I can be of any help
Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #51
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Old 01-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #52
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Mike, you're the man, Just in time too, I need to replace my brakes before I take my car out of storage. However, I was wondering if I could get the stage 2 Brake upgrade kit, but with the Axxis Deluxe Plus Brake Pads instead of the ultimates, and x-drilled rotors.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #53
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop
Mike, you're the man, Just in time too, I need to replace my brakes before I take my car out of storage. However, I was wondering if I could get the stage 2 Brake upgrade kit, but with the Axxis Deluxe Plus Brake Pads instead of the ultimates, and x-drilled rotors.
I'll check into it for you, usually they are pretty stubborn about the Stage kits only having the Axxis Ultimate pads in them, which are higher performance than the Axxis Deluxe Plus, but give off a little bit more brake dust (still much less than OEM pads though)
Old 01-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #54
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains
I'll check into it for you, usually they are pretty stubborn about the Stage kits only having the Axxis Ultimate pads in them, which are higher performance than the Axxis Deluxe Plus, but give off a little bit more brake dust (still much less than OEM pads though)
Thanks Mike, see what you could do though. Even though the ultimates give off a bit less more dust than OEM, I really want a set that minimizes brake dust as much as possible. My CH's are a b!tch to keep clean.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #55
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
Im wondering about those metal master pads... are they an imbetween of the Axxis pluses and the Ultimates?? whats the feedback on those pads, cuz my deluxe pluses squeek a bit, but the dustless aspect of it is great, Id like to step it up and see if theres a pad that will get close but NO squeeks...

then I can get myself some new rotors and lines to go with them, if they test out good.
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 AM   #56
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherside
Im wondering about those metal master pads... are they an imbetween of the Axxis pluses and the Ultimates?? whats the feedback on those pads, cuz my deluxe pluses squeek a bit, but the dustless aspect of it is great, Id like to step it up and see if theres a pad that will get close but NO squeeks...

then I can get myself some new rotors and lines to go with them, if they test out good.
The Deluxe plus shouldn't squeek very much. Did you bed them in? Accelerate to 50-60, brake firmly to about 10 mph.... repeat 3 times.

To answer your question about the Metal Master Pads, I think the description on our site answers all the questions

"The Metal Master is a semi-metallic pad that exhibits perhaps the most balanced operating characteristics of all three Axxis pads. With performance characteristics, dust levels, and noise levels in between the other two Axxis pads, the Metal Master can be thought of as a happy compromise between the squeaky clean Deluxe Plus and the all out performance of the Ultimate. It also provides low rotor wear and good pad longevity. Street only. NOT for track use.

Axxis Metal Master brake pads use a semi-metallic formula that reduces brake dust, fade and squeal. They provide excellent stopping power under all conditions. Metal Master pads work at temperatures up to 752***176;F."
Old 01-23-2006, 02:19 AM   #57
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop
Thanks Mike, see what you could do though. Even though the ultimates give off a bit less more dust than OEM, I really want a set that minimizes brake dust as much as possible. My CH's are a b!tch to keep clean.
Hey Rich,

I'm lobbying to try to get a Stage 2 kit part # made with Axxis Deluxe Plus pads, but as of right now we have to order the parts separately. I can keep trying this week, or we can order the parts individually for you that make up the stage 2 kit, just with the deluxe pads instead.

I'll run some numbers, but I actually think that buying the Stage 2 kit (with the ultimate pads) and ALSO buying the axxis deluxe plus pads is the same price as buying all of the components of the stage 2 kit separately with axxis deluxe pads (WITHOUT the ultimate pads).

What you can do is buy the Stage 2 kit and also order the axxis deluxe plus brake pads. Then sell the axxis ultimate pads to a friend, ebay, or here on the forums and you come out about even
Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #58
emthree

My Ride: E46 / E60 M5
Send a message via MSN to emthree
Do you have more pictures of the Stoptech Stage 2?
Preferably with a comparsion of the slotted & drilled rotors.
emthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #59
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthree
Do you have more pictures of the Stoptech Stage 2?
Preferably with a comparsion of the slotted & drilled rotors.
Pics of the rotors are on page #1 on this thread
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #60
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
Im super interested in this cuz im coming up on a brake change, and I just wanna swap these powerslot rottors which SUUUCCKK...LOL

they look nice thats about it....

BUT

I have bed the axxis pads and they always revert back to their squeeling at slow speeds... maybe the combination of these rotors and these pads is just not flying...but Id like to try something slightly above them in noise reduction and as long as they dont dust too much more then im cool with it....I like the stage 2 kit all around...sounds like the right way to go...

anyone has any experience with the metal masters first hand?, cuz manufacturers descriptions are not really my cup of tea to feel secure about a purchase..lol
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote