E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #41
Bim Growl
Banned

My Ride: E86 3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxi
Cool mods. Crappy show. There's no way they did all that with a $18K budget (or whateve it was). Monster Garage meets Revenge of the Nerds.
I would say that the majority of those mods were donated for advertising on the show. I can't believe Turner gave them a new $4000 LSD for the project. That's pretty impressive right there.

I also can't believe that they put 20" wheels on that thing. ...and it's supposed to be a track car?!?!?!
Bim Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #42
S4izzle
Banned

My Ride: Audi S4midable
yea i think that most of the parts are donated from various vendors. too bad they lied to the guy and told him that he got the authentic Flossman kit.
S4izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:01 PM   #43
Bim Growl
Banned

My Ride: E86 3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4izzle
yea i think that most of the parts are donated from various vendors. too bad they lied to the guy and told him that he got the authentic Flossman kit.
yeah, I noticed that they had to hack it all up to make it fit the guys car. It was pretty apparent that there was a ton of work needed to make it fit right. I thought to myself? That can't be an authentic kit... So, it wasn't from you guys after all? That's lame-o. But I guess you guys get free publicity out of it, right?

Y'know, if you wanted to, maybe you could sue them for saying it was an authentic flossman kit, when it clearly wasn't...
Bim Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #44
Azrael

My Ride: mule
Does anybody have it on there computer to upload yet?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #45
Tornado Jay

My Ride: 2001 330i
Those wheels look familiar hahah
Old 11-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #46
TCoville

My Ride: 02 330i
did it seem like they didn't know what they were doing seemed like everything they did they called sumone in to do they had dpe guys in there doing stuff then they had sum guys from a race team doing stuff. i was laughing when they were bagging on the ACS wing thou.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #47
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
for some reason I got teh feeling from the guys face that he was really like...OH SH IT there goes my classy car OUT THE WINDOW.....LOLOLOL
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #48
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
first of all to S4izzle. they never said it was an authentic flossman kit...they said it was a GTR kit from gofastparts.com or whatever. and to TColville...it wasn't an ACS wing it was the OEM Clubsport wing....and to BimGrowl...i thought the same thing...track car? with 20s? with a HUGE front braking bias? they hardly did anything...evosport just did all the engine work. and some janky bodyshop did all the bodywork while "jack mac" trimmed the body pieces himself after the wheels were installed. so halfassed.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:52 PM   #49
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim Growl
I would say that the majority of those mods were donated for advertising on the show. I can't believe Turner gave them a new $4000 LSD for the project. That's pretty impressive right there.

I also can't believe that they put 20" wheels on that thing. ...and it's supposed to be a track car?!?!?!

I'm pretty sure AA gave them the SC kit too...

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #50
S4izzle
Banned

My Ride: Audi S4midable
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
first of all to S4izzle. they never said it was an authentic flossman kit...they said it was a GTR kit from gofastparts.com or whatever.
i think he might have been mis-informed......

http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/show...15&postcount=5

awesome ride though!
S4izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #51
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4izzle
i think he might have been mis-informed......

http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/show...15&postcount=5

awesome ride though!
haha. i'm so bummed for him if they told him it was a real flossman. you should just join that forum and pm him and be like "nice kit. SYKE!"
Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #52
vp209

My Ride: 99 323i
wassup w/ the blue paint on the side of the ride, it made it look off. they should have just kept it silver. I liked his old interior that he had , the black & blue, i wonder what they did w/it ?
vp209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #53
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp209
wassup w/ the blue paint on the side of the ride, it made it look off. they should have just kept it silver. I liked his old interior that he had , the black & blue, i wonder what they did w/it ?
it wasn't paint they were decals so they are removable. and they said they ebayed the old parts.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #54
Dolomite

My Ride: s/c 330ci, E55 AMG
AA should come up with their own show, I'll volunteer my car for the first show!

Prototype Stage 2+ AA SC Performance BMW July issue 2008/HIN Hottest BMW Winner (Orlando)
Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote