E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #21
ViKTORiOUS

My Ride: Bimmer,Benz,and Jeep
Send a message via AIM to ViKTORiOUS Send a message via Yahoo to ViKTORiOUS
holy crap man...

President/Founder of euro.techniks
2002 Mercedes-Benz W163 WALD ML320 | 2006 BMW E60 M5 | 2005 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee
DPE Wheels | DTM-Spec | Xclusv Autosports | AWE-Tuning | Automotive Tailors
Old 11-20-2005, 08:03 PM   #22
meem

My Ride: rs4/m3/tt/gli
priceless!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #23
///M3Pilot19

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Pilot19

no, actually you DIDN'T have to. The guy made a (stupid) mistake, and you have so much time on your hands you post his misfortune on 4 other forums? I hope the next time you do something dumb some d-bag will find out about and post it everywhere

best of luck fixing your car man
2003.5 ///M3
Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT SOLD!!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #24
LakeShow
Millennium Bankers Mortgage

My Ride: is almost finished!
Send a message via AIM to LakeShow Send a message via Yahoo to LakeShow
:****:
Old 11-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #25
iseedipp

My Ride: SMG II M3 and H2
Send a message via AIM to iseedipp
you poor guy you should probably pick up a hobby maybe baking, obviously you have no life.. back to high school drama and spreading things.

CF front splitters|Gruppe M Ti exhaust|19" v715 Matte black with SS lip|Black out package|Phillips Ultinon 6k|6k Angel eyes|OEM LED tails|Pioneer Avic N2 and more

2003 White on Beige Hummer H2
33" toyo open country and dubs otherwise stock.

06 Yamaha R6
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Myspace/vivaladipp
Old 11-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #26
unvmym3

My Ride: your daughter !
indeeed, he should go play in traffic.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #27
The Godfather

My Ride: E55 AMG
Send a message via AIM to The Godfather
lol don't get butt hurt at the possibility of getting labeled as "stupid ass M3 owner." You know that this serious lack of common sense made for a good funny!

edit: FYI, I'm looking at getting an M3 or M5, so I'm not clowning BMW owners as a whole, just the ignorant ones.

Last edited by The Godfather; 11-20-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #28
perzbenz

My Ride: Smart Car
Send a message via AIM to perzbenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
lol don't get butt hurt at the possibility of getting labeled as "stupid ass M3 owner." You know that this serious lack of common sense made for a good funny!

edit: FYI, I'm looking at getting an M3 or M5, so I'm not clowning BMW owners as a whole, just the ignorant ones.
WTF clown ur not getting a m3. Dont even put m3 cuz m3's are only for nubs and nubs only. And wheres my 50bucks!....

this sock guy is a nub..... wtf
Old 11-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #29
Lil' IS 300

My Ride: 2003 Lexus IS 300
...it keeps spreading... got it on Audiworld now.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2177035.phtml

So you "get" an M3, put a sock in it and now you can't afford to fix it? Boy you are some ****ing retard

Oh and btw...

Let's see some sock baby!!!!

2003 Lexus IS300 - SRT Stage 2.5 Turbo - 500 HP (sold)
You will be missed!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #30
badbunny1984
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to badbunny1984
Man, Poor guy is asking for advice and admits it wasn't his brightest moment. Knowing he may be clowned he asks anyway. Now everyone is spreading it through all the forums.....Like no one participating in this has done anything stupid? Maybe not car related but something? Unless you are perfect you all have no right to capitalize on his mis fortune like this. I read some of the posts in the other forums and geez! You don't know if he bought the car or had it given to him. No idea his age or anything but everyone is making assumptions his parents bought it for him ect. Whatever makes the story sound better I guess right guys? Have some class and when mis fortune strikes you I hope someone is kind enough to help you out instead of laughing at you.

Chuck
Old 11-21-2005, 01:24 AM   #31
colonelburke

My Ride: Don't ask.
Man, that sucks bad, and I have no other advice than get a loan to get it fixed right.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:25 AM   #32
ThatOneGuy

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP MT6
Ok, you could try this: Remove the valve cover. Pull all the plug wires so the engine won't fire. Grab hold of the sock with a pair of pliers. Have a friend crank the engine (slowly) to rotate the cams while you pull on the sock. If you're lucky the sock will come out in one piece. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 AM   #33
badbunny1984
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to badbunny1984
I don't know if the M will like being cranked over that way Things are picky as hell. Be a better bet if you can just disconnect the batt and turn it over off the crank with a breaker bar or something. I have a feeling cranking it over with the coils disabled would set codes or fry the ignition? ON most any other car, yes that trick would be fine. Then you'd also have the fuel system to contend with, cranking with no ignition will just dump fuel into the cylinders while doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy
Ok, you could try this: Remove the valve cover. Pull all the plug wires so the engine won't fire. Grab hold of the sock with a pair of pliers. Have a friend crank the engine (slowly) to rotate the cams while you pull on the sock. If you're lucky the sock will come out in one piece. Good luck.

Chuck
Old 11-21-2005, 03:46 AM   #34
Bmw M3 Guy

My Ride: LSB E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Bmw M3 Guy
uhhh..http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=91344

Factory - Everything except Nav.
Aftermarket- Gruppe M Ti exhaust, 19 Ssr Gt-10, 285x30x19R - 255x35x19F, Jl 10''W7/Jl 500/1, Blacked Grill, Blacked Gills, L.e.d. tail lights, Angel eyes, Depot crystal smoked corners, Painted reflectors, Uuc pedals, H&R sport springs, K&N drop in filter, Drilled rotors, Axis pads.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #35
nibble

My Ride: RED
it socks...

I know it's harsh but you'll have to pay for your mistake. Valve cover need to be opened and get the sock out of it. after that, search for any damaged part and doing compression testing might be good.

Also, don't even bother it with mechanics other than BMW approved.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #36
The Godfather

My Ride: E55 AMG
Send a message via AIM to The Godfather
http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=2306488
Old 11-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #37
audiphile

My Ride: 2008GTI 1993Corrado
new meaning to put a sock in it huh...
Old 11-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #38
makenzie71

My Ride: 328i
now, I'm no E46 expert, but...

I can't see my valvetrain through the oil filler cap, much less something wrapped around it.

The vacuum through the oil filler cap at 3000~6000rpm is approximately adequate enough to inhale a small leaf. I just drove around the block with a sock stuffed in the oil filler, redlining a couple times, just to test this theory. I then put the sock back on my left foot without any trouble.

My piddly M52 would have no problem shredding any kind of sock shy of one made of chain mail.

I'm sorry, but a site lebelled "the best site for the ultimate enthusiast" shouldn't have any trouble thinking this guy is a twit for trying to convince us he ****ed up his car with, of all things, a sock.

But, again, I'm no E46 expert and they may be entirely different from my E36.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #39
my merc 4

My Ride: mk5 vw
i've already seen this on every forum i'm on

wow i've been lurking for 8 months and this is my first post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #40
M3-yo-dawg

My Ride: 2004 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domm
if all you are going to do is flame me, just leave the thread and thats that. I ****ed up badly the other night. The oil light came on, i got oil, put it in and accidently dropped the oil cap down below the engine. heres where i ****ed up- i temporarily plugged the uncapped oil hole with a sock and the sock got sucked into it after about 5 mins of driving. its wrapped around the cam shaft-im pretty sure thats what it is... and i need some advice on how to get it out without shelling a shitload of money out to bmw to take it in there. should i unbolt the top piece there and cut it out and then flush the whole thing with some stuff at kragen or just try to cut it out piece by piece through the hole with a sharp razor and take the pieces out with needle nose pliers and then flush it?

please any advice or help on this crap move i made would really really really help me out.

thanks to anyone who replies

Here are two things you should do.

First, take a cab to the DMV and give them back your license. second, sell the car, because you are too much of a ****ing retard to have either.
Closed Thread