E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
southern_info

My Ride: 350Z
Cool E46 M3 VS 06 Mustang GT

I've done a search and I can't seem to find anything dealing with drag or street racing against these two cars. I've even looked for the videos on streetfire.net and nothing just pertain to these two going head to head. Have there been anybody on here that has race a 06 Mustang GT from a dig and on a roll? If so could you please give me the details and also if anybody has a racing vid please post. TIA!
southern_info is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
02White330Ci

My Ride: 04 A/W ZHP
I personally think its a close call and a drivers race. 0-60 i think the M3 would be slightly ahead. But on a roll i think the Mustang has some more torque that may pull it ahead, but i may be wrong. All in all should be a fairly close race given equal drivers.
02White330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #3
teaggs

My Ride: 2003 325 ci on DPE's
The m3 would win in either situation. I am a big Mustang fan myself as I have a 89 GT with a 331 stroker motor and all kinds of things done to it. The model like I have(foxbody style) with a few small things done to it could easily run with a M3 straight away and then that would be it when you had to stop or come to a corner. The 06 GT is a strong car for what it is, but it will not run with the M3 as I say this knowing because I have driven both before and I am also loyal to the Mustang. Good luck
teaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
southern_info

Thanks guys! I've found the numbers and yes the E46 M3 will hand the 2005 body style Mustang GT it's a$$. In the 1/4 it would be neck and neck but from 0-130 it will put 4.XX whole seconds on it. I've been trying to make a comparison of the GT vs Z and the numbers prove that it could be a drivers race from 0-130. The difference is 0.4 literally giving both are average and equal drivers. I was telling peeps on my350z that I believe the Z can walk the 5sp GT after 130 because that is the gear it has to go into around low 130's and the Z will be in 5th til 143. I was also stating to them that most of their races stop at 120 and most of them don't know what the results could be at higher speeds. Thanks for helping me bring logic to my theory ya'll. If any of ya'll questioning why I come to this site. I just like to see what's going on in yall's neck of the woods...lol Thanks again! Peace.
southern_info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
Back Doc

My Ride: E92 AW M3 DCT
M3 would spank either of them on a real track, I do at least, regularly
[COLOR="Red"]10'E92 AW M3 DCT /COLOR]Forgeline ZX3R w/Ti bolts under Sport Cups, 20lb carbon battery, Cobra Suzuka GT seats, AFE stageII intake, PFC BBK,Turner pullies,pedals & tune,Dinan monoball,strut bars.RDsport sway bars,toe links. MOTON's w/camber plts, SUPERSPRINT cat delete-xpipe-sport mufflers,custom four point cage, Schroth,GTS wing on carbon boot lidBACK DOC Austin,Tx.
Back Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 PM   #6
Bruse Wayne

My Ride: E46M3*E38740i*E30
<------ waits for swedish to come in and talk about how his M3 can beat any mustang in the world....he is such a big dragster
Old 11-23-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
iseedipp

My Ride: SMG II M3 and H2
Send a message via AIM to iseedipp
the new stangs gt's are comparable to a 350z a 350z will be barely faster with equal drivers. and are in no way in the same league or comparison as a m3

g35 vs mustang gt = a good race

CF front splitters|Gruppe M Ti exhaust|19" v715 Matte black with SS lip|Black out package|Phillips Ultinon 6k|6k Angel eyes|OEM LED tails|Pioneer Avic N2 and more

2003 White on Beige Hummer H2
33" toyo open country and dubs otherwise stock.

06 Yamaha R6
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Myspace/vivaladipp
iseedipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruse Wayne
<------ waits for swedish to come in and talk about how his M3 can beat any mustang in the world....he is such a big dragster
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #9
dmoeller17

Send a message via AIM to dmoeller17
depends on many factor. from a stop i would be about who got a better launch, the car with the jump on the line would likely win i the 1/4.

dmoeller17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
TheMirror

My Ride: TSX, 968
The shorter the distance, the bigger advantage Mustang.
The longer the distance, the bigger advantage M3.

Both are heavy little piggies, 3415 for the BMW, 3488 for the Mustang. Equal weight is not a good thing off the line for a car like the M3, which features a 60ft./lb. torque deficit.

That being said, 6 cogs AND an engine that will soar to 8000rpm all day means that once the M3 gets up to speed (say, over 75-80mph,) it will RUIN a stock Mustang GT.

To sum it up, a really quick trigger finger and accurate shifting on an '06 Mustang GT could probably keep an M3 behind it until 80 mph or so. Then its goodbye BMW.
TheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote