E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #81
jtwadsworth

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Anyone able to do this mod for me in Virginia (Tidewater area)? I went to a local supposedly "guru" car stereo/mod shop and I was not impressed that they knew what they would be doing for this install ( the Avic Z1 ).

Any advice appreciated.

jtw
jtwadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:57 AM   #82
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
If you are willing to drive to Maryland, maybe I can help. PM me if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwadsworth
Anyone able to do this mod for me in Virginia (Tidewater area)? I went to a local supposedly "guru" car stereo/mod shop and I was not impressed that they knew what they would be doing for this install ( the Avic Z1 ).

Any advice appreciated.

jtw
Old 06-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #83
noluck

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Does anybody live in the los angeles area that can do this mod? I am very interested in hooking up the avic z1, but can't find anybody that can do this.

Last edited by noluck; 06-09-2006 at 11:37 PM.
noluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #84
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Actually....Advanced Car Creations in Garden Grove...i called them the other day and they quoted me $150 on the install...
3onDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #85
hoppa79

My Ride: needs more cowbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs
Actually....Advanced Car Creations in Garden Grove...i called them the other day and they quoted me $150 on the install...
wait a sec.... $150 for the install of a double din into an e46? wow, that is dirt cheap.
hoppa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #86
pangeum

My Ride: 328ci
After seeing this mod, I am so ready to buy the AVIC Z1! Thanks for sending me this thread, FASTBMW.
pangeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #87
SFBA

My Ride: 2006 M3 Coupe
I just purchased AVIC-Z1 online, but I can't find any place in the San Francisco bay area to do the installation. Places I asked have only done Z1 installation to vehicles other than M3, or installation on M3 but not with a Z1 unit. Could someone provide some suggestions here? Thx!
SFBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #88
3onDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppa79
wait a sec.... $150 for the install of a double din into an e46? wow, that is dirt cheap.
I know...i explained over the phone that there would need to be some vent modification in order to fit the double din and they said they've done it before and it's pretty simple. Maybe it's one of those things where they give you a low price over the phone to bring you in and then raise it once ur there...but then again, how much could they possible raise it?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #89
kevinmscs

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330ci
Quote:
I know...i explained over the phone that there would need to be some vent modification in order to fit the double din and they said they've done it before and it's pretty simple. Maybe it's one of those things where they give you a low price over the phone to bring you in and then raise it once ur there...but then again, how much could they possible raise it?
Dude, if you have come there, can you confirm this cost???
kevinmscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #90
3onDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs
Dude, if you have come there, can you confirm this cost???
I havn't gone in person because i ended up deciding to install the double din myself. I just wanted to be 100% sure that everything was sealed right and that the steering wheel buttons get programmed properly, etc. If i did end up taking my car in, it woulda been out of laziness, and that wasn't a good enough reason imo....

...but if you needed to have one installed, call them and double check just to be sure.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #91
bimmerboy36

My Ride: 02 Sk+ 330ci
Quote:
I havn't gone in person because i ended up deciding to install the double din myself. I just wanted to be 100% sure that everything was sealed right and that the steering wheel buttons get programmed properly, etc. If i did end up taking my car in, it woulda been out of laziness, and that wasn't a good enough reason imo....

...but if you needed to have one installed, call them and double check just to be sure.
does the $150 include a custom bezel or wihtout?

C.S.U.N. Fanatics Sign Up!!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...51#post4894951
bimmerboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #92
GERstriker1980

My Ride: 330d Touring 2002
Hi Shasha,
you posted nice pics of your self made construction for closing the airbox cut that you made for installing your 2DIN unit!

I want to do the same and would be interested in the measures of that construction!

--would be nice if you could tell me!

thanks
GERstriker
GERstriker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #93
jinxie

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
EWWWWWWW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I have sweaty feet and run the air conditioner most of the time so that would actually be a plus!
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
jinxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #94
Jirte

My Ride: BMW E46 Sedan 318 D
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 emthree View Post
Where did you buy the abs plastic from? I went to home depot and they don't have anything. Also, I think I cut too much from the duct because the vents stick out when they are open and get in the way of anything I try to cover the duct up with

Edit: ya im pretty sure i ****ed up

What do you need to moddify before sealing of?? do you need to relocate one of those grey airpipes are what?

cause that the thing i don't understand?

ty
Jirte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #95
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
The part you need to modify is not sown in that picture. There is a plastic piece that connects left and right dampers. Just open it up and take a look, it will be obvious.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #97
Skiracer41

My Ride: wastes my money
Very Nice!

I like how clean it looks!