E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #261
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomanon
Would this be on the non-US Spec cars you were looking for? Because from everything I've read, and there may be some things I've missed, but you don't have "Euro Spec" Tail Lights?
These cars are US Spec.
Both of them purchased here, picked up here, and driven here with all US specifications.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #262
umnitza
877•486•6489

could have sworn I'd posted more pictures of this setup.
There is no visible contour difference on other pictures, perhaps it was just the shadows.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #263
umnitza
877•486•6489

"Another fine mess..."

* Eagle Eyes claimed prototype units made it to the retail market.

Wrong. These are real units.

* Recall notices were sent by registered mail to all prototype unit holders

We don't have prototypes, so this doesn't apply to us.

* The NHTSA sent an email to the other retailer informing him that there is a $15,000 fine per unit for selling recalled units. The retailer refuses to acknowledge that these are prototypes even though the manufacturer has stated that is exactly what they are.

This email is a generic email sent by Sam from NHTSA to anyone that is rightfully OR wrongfully accused of anything. It doesn't mean the NHTSA has any interest in taking action. We did request very detailed information about the recall from the NHTSA AND the Eagle Eyes Corporation. Since none was provided for over a week with any details, it's assumed that this is a blanket recall that simply doesn't apply to us. If there is a possibility for details that Eagle Eyes can produce that PROVES that they sent out prototypes, then they have to provide that.

When a recall is made by Ford, you are told what months, what dealers, what VIN numbers, and even what specific parts are not in compliance and also what the causes might be. None of these details have ever been provided.

Having spoken to the NHTSA on the phone, they admitted that without a fully detailed recall notification detailing all the above information, that this was just a bunch of hot air.

* These developments have delayed the launch. The manufacturer wants to take the extra steps of achieving full DOT approval rather that meeting DOT specs which is what most aftermarket manufacturers do.

This is a great bit of news for everyone involved. Only problem is that the manufacturer still hasn't solved the issue that our engineers took 24 hours to solve and make perfect on no fewer than 3 separate cars. DOT approval would be nice, but it's what should have been done in the first place. Competition is good.

* The manufacturer is adding serial numbers to the production units so you can determine if it is a real production unit and that you are not getting a Euro spec unit when you ordered a US spec unit.

This should have been done in the first place. Having this statement contradicts the previous statements. If there were not serial numbers in the first place, how do they know that some units are US spec and some are not? This further supports the statements we've made that the manufacturer is currently telling anyone and everyone whatever they want to hear to support sales no matter what.

This is why Umnitza has taken the extraordinary steps to insure that the product is supported and working FROM US, not because the Manufacturer says so, but because we've tested it.

* All Euro Spec units will have a sticker applied stating that they cannot be used on US spec vehicles without risk of electrical damage.

This is a silly procedure because those same "stickers" can be removed. This further proves that there is no difference in any of the markets that Eagle Eyes sells to. That means, if you are in Indonesia and want to buy a German LED tail, you don't have to worry, also, if you are in Canada, you can buy a US tail and not worry, etc. etc. All of this is just a smoke screen from the manufacturer to attempt to explain the issues that they cannot resolve on US CARS using their basic production units that we have in our hands

Just wanted to make sure you guys had your eyes open and understood what was being spoonfed to you

We will let our installs do the talking. Thanks for looking, video coming shortly of the latest installed and tested car.

All our production units are shipping to our engineers to be fitted with all the necessary parts to ensure 100% trouble free long term operation today. Expect shipments to start soon to those of you that ordered at reduced prices
Old 12-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #264
Soundwave

My Ride: 330i M Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Here's a snipit.

Parking lights - all illuminate half bright - even outside edges.
Braking - Outsides stay half bright - bright, inside come up full bright
No Tail Light Out Message on either car
Thanks for the additional info.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 PM   #265
netengwiz

My Ride: E46 330i
Matt didn't design the lights, so its odd to see him take on the comments about how they look. Since he has no influence on that, we don't have much choice. Either we like them or we don't. I doubt the manufacturer will go back and redesign them unless they are totally not selling. I've seen them in person and had them mounted on my car and I thought they looked awesome. They really give the car a refreshed look. The LEDs are VERY bright. The build quality is good on these. Sedan owners like myself have been waiting a long time for LEDs and so far I think this is the best available. Remember those previous sedan LEDs where the park/brake light were red LEDs and the amber turn signal was just a bulb? (Horrible). Matt has also gone out of his way to test the kits without accepting any money from anyone.

|KW V2|Volk LE37T|Dinan|Eisenmann|Rδdenergie|FormulaOne|Stoptech|Evospor t|Eibach|
2010 Audi Q5 Premium Plus S-Line|H&R|
2012 Ducati Streetfighter|Termignoni|DP|Lightech|Rizoma|
netengwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #266
SLMS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
While Matt Didnt Design these As a Customer of the Factory as long as he orderes a large enough quanity or pay tooling costs which has so many vables in price i cant get into. But tooling costs for plastic Start around 3,000 bucks for something like a case of tic tacs. Taillights since they have many plastic parts bonded together i cant see the tooling costs for Just the plastic alone being anywhere under 30 grand.
He does have influence and tell what he likes and dislikes about the tail lights and they will generally change it for him.

But being so late into production the general look you see is the looks we get. I think they look great.

Matt does a good job about explaining everything
SLMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #267
umnitza
877•486•6489

We've ordered a few more to make sure we've got it right, so stay tuned.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #268
JC7727

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to JC7727
Matt keep me updated

FOR SALE: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417026
JC7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #269
umnitza
877•486•6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727
Matt keep me updated
Old 12-29-2005, 01:08 AM   #270
kilronan

My Ride: E46
Quote:
We have more details being released later today with a new video on a pre-facelifted car and a post facelifted car!!!
Video? Where?

kilronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #271
umnitza
877•486•6489

Sorry bud, but can't get it to work because of a format difference, so I'm searching for codecs to convert it to the right format first.

BTW - Since you are in Norway, I would love to have you test this as well. You've been a good supporter of the business in the early days of our new products, we appreciate that.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #272
kilronan

My Ride: E46
Quote:
BTW - Since you are in Norway, I would love to have you test this as well. You've been a good supporter of the business in the early days of our new products, we appreciate that.
I'm waiting for the finished product along with everybody else. Looks promising so far

kilronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #273
umnitza
877•486•6489

As a final step, we'll be sending the lights in for a DOT certification here in the US that will certify out lights for use on US cars. We don't know how long this process will take, but we intend to make it work without any issues.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #274
phatmustang73

My Ride: '02 CB M3 Cabriolet
Send a message via AIM to phatmustang73
That's extremely professional and as a consumer, I really appreciate all the effort you are putting in to responding and providing us updates as quickly and as accurately as possible
phatmustang73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #275
umnitza
877•486•6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmustang73
That's extremely professional and as a consumer, I really appreciate all the effort you are putting in to responding and providing us updates as quickly and as accurately as possible
Thank you. We will have the video up by this weekend, the codec is downloaded, we just have to finish our daily shipping.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #276
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
So after re-reading this whole thread and watching the video, I have one question. With all the pictures of the LEDs and the video of the LEDs working, we all know that there's a screw where the top middle LED would be, why doesn't it show this on the video? It looks to me like all the LEDs are working, including where the screw is supposed to be.
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #277
umnitza
877•486•6489

Videos will be rerelased on Monday/Tuesday with the new complete 360 degree view of the lights, at that time, the clarity of the video will be improved so you can see any nuances that may or may not attract you to this product.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Also, for those of you wondering, we had a good chat yesterday with another member of the "faculty" of Eagle Eyes we have every reason to believe that the lights should be ready by Jan 10th as they predict.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #278
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Can't wait to test a set on my car!
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 AM   #279
umnitza
877•486•6489