E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #301
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87
ended up with a nice video. How about 2 cars going down the road? one camera car etc...
Next week

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net
CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #302
deraufschneider
Landon Donovan Sucks

My Ride: '00 323i
wow they are beautiful.

i actually got butterflies in my stomach at the beginning when it shows the dash for about 30 seconds. then i saw how good they look. nice video.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #303
VoteForPedro

My Ride: 2003 M3 Cabrio
Credit where credit's due. Nice video!
VoteForPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:39 AM   #304
RRRize
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Samantha
Send a message via AIM to RRRize
I will be first on line when (if?) when a set comes out that blinks white instead of amber. Umnitza, is this in the works?

_______
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
RRRize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #305
Teriyaki

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Isn't white blinkers illegal?, it is where I live.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #306
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
it is where I live too

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net
CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #307
DanteArizona

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
You guys did a great job and service by doing this video. The LED's look great and would love to have them on my car. The ONLY real issue is that you have Uber-Hotness LED Tails next to Bob's Generic Trunk lights. The HID whiteness is awesome, but the lights still look mismatched with the LED Deep Red and the Flat opaque trunk lights...

I realize that some don't care about this issue, but there are some who do.

Nevertheless...the main LED's are very nice and should be appreciated by all fanatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Additionally, we have a night video in the works.

No one noticed the HID reverse lights? What about the non-existent errors on the dash? No one likes the song????

Thanks for the positive comments
Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #308
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRize
I will be first on line when (if?) when a set comes out that blinks white instead of amber. Umnitza, is this in the works?
I'm sooo with you!!!!!!!!!!
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #309
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
White - would be a good idea of course, but not feasible in today's every tightening local police enforcement of non-compliant rear-lighting, never mind the DOT regulations, which ultimately don't really matter because the local police are who enforce the rules. So, that dream is squashed, it is not reasonable to offer it.

The tail lights, we're all subject to whatever any MFG makes for the trunk. We aren't going to go out and make these ourselves as an injection mold for just the lights would run in the hundreds of thousands and with all due respect, we're not going to do this and I doubt any other company that retails this stuff will either. but, there is hope that another company will produce them and we'll have access to it right away The comment about "Bob's Generic Lights" <-- was very funny
Old 01-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #310
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Nice. These ones from Jim Powell are definately way better than the Depo ones you were carrying earlier. Way to go!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #311
Amoeba

For those of you who want to also have the outer ring light up when brakes are pressed, fellow fanatic have posted this trick:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=ablas
Old 01-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #312
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailwind
Nice. These ones from XXXXX are definately way better than the Depo ones you were carrying earlier. Way to go!
Let me re-iterate this has nothing to do with the person you mentioned. They are made by, tested by, engineered by, QA'ed by (many others as well), and delivered by Eagle Eyes. That's it, that's all.

What we did from our end, was take the production units from Eagle Eyes and made sure they worked via the 99-01 US models and also 02-05 models.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Are these "way better" - don't know. Depo is a very proud engineering company, if these work well, I'm sure they will be very very closely behind engineering an LED center for their lights withing a few months and we'll be able to offer them our expertise in resolving any of the wiring issues with the products that they have had in the past.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #313
umnitza

Responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared Dudes
First, what you see in the other thread are PROTOTYPE units.

"First" what you see are production units. Everyone associated with the product testing knows this, claims to the contrary are nothing more than a scare tactic and fluff.

The manufacturer knows this and the other retailer knows this. In fact, Eagle Eyes offered to buy those units back from this retailer in order to get them off the market, but he refused.

Eagles Eyes didn't offer to buy them back, a third party offered to buy production units back from us - that company is called SabryLee. A third party- non-affiliated distributor - asked to have the production units returned, we declined at this time because we are going to have our own DOT lab approve these.

Why else would Eagle Eyes send that retailer a recall notice, why else would the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) contact that retailer notifying them that it is a $15,000 fine to distribute a recalled product?

Sam Campbell from the NHTSA is aware that these units we are testing are not prototypes, and therefore not subject to any recall. The request has been made on several occassions of Eagle Eyes to prove that what we received is a prototype, they have not been able to to.

How do I know they are prototypes?
He doesn't.
Well, the final versions work and don't need any further testing or modifications.

There is no final version, by the accounts of the previous weeks, final versions won't be ready til January 10th (our insiders are telling us it could be sooner, but unlikely. We currently have production units prior to the "final" release. Whenever that is. How does one "prove" something works without a single working specimen?

All we have done is proved that our lights work. PERIOD. So how come they work? Production units. Because by all accounts, prototype units do not work. Duh.

Therefore, why is this retailer still testing the lights?

Well, let's make this simple, every manufacturer has a vested interest in selling product before it's tested. Otherwise, why would we have so many advocates and watchdog groups for consumers? Would there ever be a need for Consumer Reports if every company acted in perfect unison with what the consumer required in terms of safety? So, yes, we are indeed continuing to test the lights. This is exactly why every single headlight we get, every single HID kit, all Predator Chromiums get a pre-test. Suggesting that no testing needs to be done is simply foolhardy at best and reckless endangerment at worst.

Also, you can plainly see in the video the LED flicker that was present in the prototypes that has been fixed in production units (this occured on cold startups). And lastly, there is no pan of the camera directly from the dashboard to the tail lights - these units still cause a dash board fault code.

Nice attack, but there's the unedited version of the video, which clearly shows there are NO fault codes while the camera pans to the car. LEDs flicker on VIDEO because VIDEO shows 15fps, not 30.

If you've ever seen a new LED bulb for a turn signal up front, you'll see no flicker, but you'll notice this flicker on video. We can take the video of OEM lights and it will show the same thing with our camera.

This just continues to show the constant attack and disbelief from our competition for what reason? Why? Because we don't like to be spoonfed?

Come on, get over it. Stop attacking us.
The unedited video is 32MB in size and will be on BIGUPLOAD.com in about 30 minutes. We'll post a link to it at that time as well.

I am all for free market competitiveness but this is ridiculous. I hate to be this blunt, but I can't stand to see customers lied to in this manner. And for those of you that are frustrated by the shipping delays on this product, it is 100% because of this other retailer not complying with the recall.

Unprofessional. We all know what's going on here. If one cannot produce a product, blame someone else.

As consumers, you can certainly make your own decisions on how best to spend your money. My only advice in this situation is do some homework before making that decision.
100% agree.
Why attack? Either produce a product or don't. Why attack? Stop with the nonsense. If you have a product, great, if you don't, great. No one cares about melodrama.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #314
umnitza

One more thing, from a technical stand point.
Did a video of the strobes a long time ago, where if you looked at the video with a 15fps setup, the strobes would only flash on camera about 1 time every 2 seconds. They flash much quicker than that, but in the case of the camera, there was no way for it to capture those flashes.

FWIW.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #315
doodle

My Ride: '04 330ci zhp
The taillights look beautiful! Thanks Chris for the video, and umnitza for providing the link and great price.

Just waiting for these to be available now..
doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #316
umnitza

http://www.bigupload.com/d=07CDD403 <-- unedited file for the non-believers.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #317
Amoeba

Really, the consumer doesn't care about the "supposed" allegations in that other thread, there's really no need for any explanation. We trust that you are going to be reselling the same Eagle Eyes LED tails with the customer in mind, so we really don't need to see the ugly vendor fighting.

If Eagle Eyes wants to sell the Jan 10th version long term with serial #s, then please just get us those. It's what you're going to be selling in mass quantity anyways, so who cares about the small batch you got right now? If anything, we as customers would like you to certify the Jan 10th mass quantity units so we feel safe purchasing the units from you.

I myself wouldn't want the units produced in this "grey" period which caused the fiasco. Just dump the current batch, offer us the mass quantity units at the same great price you're offering, and we'll respond with cash in hand.

Thanks Matt.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #318
chandz

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
One more thing, from a technical stand point.
Did a video of the strobes a long time ago, where if you looked at the video with a 15fps setup, the strobes would only flash on camera about 1 time every 2 seconds. They flash much quicker than that, but in the case of the camera, there was no way for it to capture those flashes.

FWIW.
I was going to ask you about the flickering after I was done watching the video first time. But after like 3 seconds of thought, I knew right away that it was the video not the LED. How? Simple. If it was, in fact the LED, whenever the signal is blinking there'd be flickering. A cold startup? Okay, how's this? Do you guys notice that sometimes when the signal blinks it stays on like a normal bulb for a split second? And sometimes when it is blinking, it suddenly stops for a second and blinks again like it's missing one cycle of blink. Yeah, that's your eyes alright. You need to have them checked. J/K Nah...it's just the video, not the LED. I've LED bulbs installed on all my turn signals (front, side & rear) and even back up lights. So, I pretty much know how LEDs would blink. And you the LED retailers pretty much know how bad I want this LED tail light.

Oh yeah, nice song and back up xenon light, btw. I was busy watching & checking out the LEDs on the video to see if there's something wrong with it.

Last edited by chandz; 01-03-2006 at 10:44 PM.
chandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #319
xenostudio

My Ride: 330i
Man those are dope. Props due. I've had my 3 for almost 2 years & when I 1st saw the LED's on the coupes, I though they were sick. I just started considering LED's a few wks ago, and have caught up on all the posts. excitement, hope, disappointment, anger, optimism, skepticism, hope, disappointment...anticipation now there right around the corner.

i'm glad I missed the drama part. Nice work Matt & everyone else making this happen.
xenostudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #320
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Wow, your itentions are more transparent than my BMW clear bra.

The only reason why you wanted Matt to dump his current batch is for only for selfish reasons.

You waited over a year for the LED tails.
Quote:
Been waiting for good tails for over a year, still hopeful and waiting.

You believed Jim Powell recall stories.
Quote:
From what we have read so far, there was a recall because pre-full-production units were accidently given out and those are not the final version that Eagle Eyes want to sell. They're issuing a recall to get those back so then can sell only the finalized version.

You are desperate and now you are "sweet" talking Matt into dumping the lights so you can be able to get your LED tails.
Quote:
ust dump the current batch, offer us the mass quantity units at the same great price you're offering, and we'll respond with cash in hand.
Thanks Matt.

Dude, you so desperate that it is pathetic. Just wait and have patience.

Also you might want to research the rules and regulations regarding "manufacturer recalls."

Jim Powells claimed that the manufacturer is witholding shipment because Matt refused to send them back the "pre-production" lights. Jim Powell claims that they are doing this to protect themselves from liability issues.

I am not a "recall lawyer" but I already found a "flaw" in Jim Powells excuse.

If someone refused to adhere to the recall, there is no liability from the manufacturer once the manufacturer issue a public release informing all parties (government, consumers, retailers, distributer, etc) of the recall. Instead, the faults goes back to the person who ignore the recall. the manufacturer already did its part to the best of their ability.

To put it in simple terms:

BMW detects a leaky gas line in the new e90 that can possibly lead to a catastrophic failure.
BMW then issue a public release and warned everyone of the problem.
BMW provides all the resources to fix the problem.

You received a letter from BMW warning you that your car has been identify of having this problem. BMW asked you not to drive the car until you get it fix. However, you ignored the recall and drive your car anyway. Your car blows up and you died. Your family can;t sue BMW because they are not liable for your death. There is no negligence on their part. BMW did all that they could do.

Now, to take this step a little further let me apply Jim Powell logic using the above scenario as an example.

BMW is halting all future sales of the e90 because BMW is waiting for you to bring your car back to the dealership for repair. BMW is refusing to sell any more e90 until you bring your car back.

If you read Jim Powell's words you will see that he is playing the blame game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp98m3
I have to get past this recall notice first. Actions of others are hurting everyone in this.
You are so desperate for your LED tails that you are blindsided by the illogical excuses set forth by Jim and his sheeps.

BM
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote