E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #61
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
God damn Matt! My timing is way off. I waited so long to get the LED tailights. I guess I have to wait another year until I get back.

Keep up the good work and post more pictures when you get them. I look forward to seeing them.

Bill
You already know how I feel about your service to our country, if there is ANYTHING I can do to make it easier for you, all you have to do is ask.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #62
umnitza

Arrival in SF tomorrow, delivery in our hands Saturday predicted.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #63
jersey

My Ride: 2004 330I ZHP
Send a message via ICQ to jersey Send a message via AIM to jersey
woooohoooo....cant wait.

Alun - your canadian buddy

Special Thanks To: DPEngineering | Jlevi StreetWerks
jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #64
umnitza

:d
Old 12-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #65
MaNgA

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Some pictures for y'all, no gussied up catalog shots anymore!!! Woohoo
is it just me or are the outer LEDs on the left more concave than the ones on the far right?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #66
MITE46

My Ride: 323i
i agree i noticed that too...hopefully the final version isn't like that or else i think it would look strange...
MITE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #67
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
This thread is now re-opened. We are awaiting more information from the manufacture about a potential recall on this product. At this time we have no direct information from the manufacturer supporting or disproving anything. We are attempting to get definitive information but at this time we have no solid reason to believe there are any issues.

If you have any saftey concern about products that you may have purchased or placed an order for please contact the retail you purchased them from.

Any further arguing in this thread will not be tolerated.

The E46Fanatics.com Team
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #68
jdogg

My Ride: 05 330iZHP; 07 R500
Umnitza, I have a set headed to me next week.

Will the matching trunk lights be available then?

Any idea when this recall info will be released, understood, explained.

Thanks to all...
jdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #69
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
This is obvious a slander campaign and not a safey campaign.

Jim is telling people he is concerns about people buying pre-production lights due to their safety/fire/death hazards. However, when being ask a very LEGIMATE question Jim is no longer too concern with my safety anymore.

I asked Jim, as a consumer how I know that the LED lights that I am getting is indeed a FINAL release version and not the "dangerous" pre-production one.

Since there are so many sources (ebay, autowerks, umnitza, and various online vendors and sponsors) the room for "ERROR" is very very possible. The room of error is even possible if I am buying it from autowerks (the store Jim is recommending).

There must be an inspection stamp and/or date. Are there any DOT or UHL approval stamps to seperate the pre and post production lights? Jim refuse to answer my question and is currently evading it.

if he is truely concern about my safety and the safety of the members on this board he could EASILY answer my question since he claimed he help invented/innovate/design/research these LED lights.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...12#post3618012
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #70
ADA
Banned

Every safety campaign or recall in the HISTORY of business have a way to distinguished and identify the possible defected/recall products from the 100% working one.

IE. BMW is recalling all 3 series with the following vin number: xxx. xxx. xxx
SONY is recalling all TVs that were produced from the following dates: xxx through xxx

What Jim is doing is nothing more than a scare tactics.

Basically he is saying "buy from me and autowerks" because everyone else have the defective product. Of course, he is using "his safety concerns" as a smoke screen to hide and mask his slandering campaign.

Once again, if this is a legitmate recall then How do I as a customer know whether the LED tail lights I am buying is the pre-production or final production version?

I think my question warrants an immediate answer
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #71
ADA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp98m3

...[there is no problem] All of them [LED lights] being sold will eventually
be delivered off one of my POs to the factory....

....Autowerks will post pictures of production units when they arrive in
this country. At that time consumers can look at those pictures and what
they have in-hand. If its not the same as far as stickers and
markings, I suggest that the consumer consider getting an exchange for a
production set.

....All the rest of this is really quite funny. I will sell all of the
lights in one form or another to the distribution channel
. There are no
other sources....

Originally posted and deleted by Jim Powell. I will summarize

1) There is no problem because all LED lights will come from the same factory
2) Even though the safey risk is very high there is no "sure sure tails" of identify a pre and final production ligh. Just compare the pictures. Don't worry too much about the internal wiring and water/fire concerns.
3) I am laughing because I am the only one that is distrubing the lights. therefore, I am going to make a huge profit.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #72
umnitza

Let's all take 2 maybe 3 steps back and cool off.

At this time, there is no official word from our contacts about any recall. Should there be a possibility of any recall, as related to any other product or this one, we will always be happy to notify anyone.

To this date, not one of our released products has ever been recalled. Other companies have many recalls, is it because we do a better job of testing? Is it that the products we choose in the first place are production quality units? Is it that our customers are savvy about what they are buying and understand what they are putting on their cars. Probably all three

No non-vendor should be posting on this thread attempting to instill fear into the public. It's clear that many may or may not lend credibility where none is due, that's fine, but please give us the benefit of the doubt to make sure we continue to do what's right and in your best interest.

As more information is available from credible sources, we'll keep you informed.

This product is the owned by Eagle Eyes, everyone is welcome to buy from them directly or not. Unlike the Predator Chromium product, this one is largely open to the buyers in the free markets all over the world. We're just invoking our free market rights to purchase on behalf of you the customer

Lots of rumor mongering will not help the situation, so let's just back up and understand that the testing of course - as always - will be thoroughly taken care of by us...there is a reason we started this thread the way we did and we have over 100 names of people willing to take part in the program in just 2 days on just 1 forum announcement.

As mentioned previously, every name added to the list will go into a lottery, as usually, the more people that enter the lesser your odds are.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #73
umnitza

UPDATE: Production Units Have Cleared Customs - Expected Delivery Tomorrow
Old 12-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #74
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
I love how my post was just deleted when all I asked was a reasonable question about this whole uproar.

Why are the innocent posts deleted and not just the original one that started this whole "recall" issue? I don't know what to believe or who anymore because of all these supposed "rumors." It's pretty frustrating on the consumer side and to weed out the garbage that's been said. It makes no difference now that I saw the earlier words. I don't ticked off often, but this is ridiculous; no recall, yes recall stuff and then delete it all.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #75
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i
I love how my post was just deleted when all I asked was a reasonable question about this whole uproar.

Why are the innocent posts deleted and not just the original one that started this whole "recall" issue? I don't know what to believe or who anymore because of all these supposed "rumors." It's pretty frustrating on the consumer side and to weed out the garbage that's been said. It makes no difference now that I saw the earlier words. I don't ticked off often, but this is ridiculous; no recall, yes recall stuff and then delete it all.
Please contact the moderators with any issues you might have regarding this "uproar" - they'll be the best to explain what was done and why it was done. We don't know either.

As far as consumer side, tomorrow, we get product, tomorrow we test product, tomorrow, more pictures get posted

Brad, if you are in Rocklin, it's not terribly far, but you are welcome to come by our shop in Pleasanton tomorrow and meet us and talk about the product
Old 12-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #76
umnitza

Customs cleared, we are going to the PO to grab them, hopefully have pics by mid day.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #77
umnitza

We need a tester NOW.

First come first served. They are here.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #78
JC7727

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to JC7727
Send!!!!!!!!!!

FOR SALE: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417026
JC7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #79
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Matt,

I'm back in town the 13th, Jon and I may make a little trip over.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #80
ABC330i

My Ride: Silver 330i ZHP
you've got mail....!

Liz
ABC330i is offline   Reply With Quote