E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #121
MITE46

My Ride: 323i
YaY it works! Finally...=)
MITE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #122
Solid

My Ride: `07 335i Sedan
Send a message via ICQ to Solid Send a message via AIM to Solid Send a message via MSN to Solid Send a message via Yahoo to Solid
how about some pics with the trunk lights? I'm wondering how they look with the sedan clears or OE trunk lights.
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #123
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid
how about some pics with the trunk lights? I'm wondering how they look with the sedan clears or OE trunk lights.
here we go

How about pics with your grandmother holding them? How about when the Sun is setting? How about when it's rising? How about when you put chameleon paint on the car? How about if you drive 50/70/80/90/100/120 ?

J/K - more pictures will come, tomorrow more than likely
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #124
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
nice

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net

CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #125
Billmister
Banned

My Ride: 325i
what's up with the music playing in the background?????
Billmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #126
SammyV

My Ride: CB M3
Send a message via AIM to SammyV
looks pretty good
SammyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #127
umnitza

Now, you guys know that we will not release this until we are 100% sure it works, but this is the beginning of the final countdown for us
Old 12-13-2005, 09:59 PM   #128
chandz

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Okay, that's like only 17 secs of the whole video. Not to mention only approx. 12 secs of the LED blinking. I think we deserve at least 1 minute of it. Btw, the LEDs are amazing!! Great work!! (Yeah, what's up with the background music?)
chandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #129
JC7727

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to JC7727
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Now, you guys know that we will not release this until we are 100% sure it works, but this is the beginning of the final countdown for us

FOR SALE: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417026
JC7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #130
Teriyaki

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Whoa... what happened to that car?. The definitely wasn't pretty, but nice to see the LED in action. Still no back shot though?.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:46 PM   #131
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
What a beater BMW. It could be just a fluke that they work on that car.

Last edited by Nuori; 12-13-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #132
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
lol ya, were those taillight bulb out lights on the dash??
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #133
umnitza

headlight out - the car was missing its turn signals - let's say it wasn't in showroom condition.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #134
jdogg

My Ride: 05 330iZHP; 07 R500
Quote:
This is a touchy question to answer and rest assured by mid day I'll have one for you
Still waiting on that answer. The video is very nice, but the recall explanation would be better.
jdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #135
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
^^^^^^agreed^^^^^^^ I have to say I was jumping on the bandwagon when these first were released and after reading about that recall thing made me decide to wait till the verdict is out on these tails. I've waited 2 years I can wait a little longer if it means saving my ECU. So please status of the recall. Why did it happen? was it malicious or was it some truth to what was said?

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #136
jdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmaBwoy
^^^^^^agreed^^^^^^^ I have to say I was jumping on the bandwagon when these first were released and after reading about that recall thing made me decide to wait till the verdict is out on these tails. I've waited 2 years I can wait a little longer if it means saving my ECU. So please status of the recall. Why did it happen? was it malicious or was it some truth to what was said?
Exactly...I ordered as soon as they were made available from Umnitza. I agreed to test as well.

That said, I will not plug anything in my car until I get a answer as to what was the recall business all about?

My main concern is not that the wiring will fry immediately after plugging them in, but rather a year down the road from installation, or two years...blah...

Matt, I'm not trying to be a thorn in your side, but you promised a explanation by yesterday mid day. You're giving the impression that there is a problem we don't know about. I can't undestand the mysterious nature of this conversation. If you can't tell us what happened, fine, tell us that.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #137
Canuck330i

My Ride: 2001 330i
Errr... the wrap around part of the lamp assembly doesn't light up?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #138
jersey

My Ride: 2004 330I ZHP
Send a message via ICQ to jersey Send a message via AIM to jersey
very cool! congrats matt...cant wait for my set to be in the mail....hahaha

Special Thanks To: DPEngineering | Jlevi StreetWerks
jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #139
umnitza

The answer is rather complex and would incite a lot of negativity, but the long and the short of it is this:

1) A claimed distributor has also "claimed" a recall. They have supposedly made up a letter to the NHTSA to issue a recall of parts that were sold to us.

2) But, the parts were not sold to us from them. They were sold to us via direct communication with Eagle Eyes. At the time of purchase and to this present moment, there has not been any formal request from the company representative from whom we have purchase for any such recall.

3) In fact, the person from whom we purchased told us that already 100+ units are out in the field for testing.

4) We have received what appears to be a doctored email written by the supposed distributor on behalf of Eagle Eyes, and will investigate further to determine any possibility of validity.

5) IF <-- somehow the units we have are not operational, then none of the units out there are operational and you guys are all spending your money for no reason, yet, you saw with the video, there was no issue with our lights on that car. So, the question should be: if you don't buy from us, why would you buy anyone else's claim that they have the lights and give them your money when THEY haven't proven that the product works?

The lights were on that were on that test car - a MY 2003-4 or 5 E46 Sedan US spec with 30000+ miles - were on that car for over 8 minutes. There was no burning smell, there was no issue. The car was restarted 3 separate times while the lights were on, and they were always on. The rear brake lights were actually on for over 3 minutes while we fiddled with the camera settings.

So, where is the truth in all this? Well, videos don't lie. But testing MUST continue, unlike headlights, tail lights are a significant safety concern when they don't work as expected. So, we'll continue to do our due diligence and make a few more calls on your behalf.

We don't care about the profits on this product because we aren't putting the price high for anyone here. We are about the product working as requested.

The irony is that we are the first to have this on the market, first to have a working example, and first to show a video of it with a production car and production units, but we are also the first to be attacked by an unscrupulous supposed distributor.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #140
jdogg

Quote:
The answer is rather complex and would incite a lot of negativity, but the long and the short of it is this:

Thanks Matt! We all appreciate the info. Looking forward to receiving the lights!