E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 AM   #661
gokcer

My Ride: 323Ci Sports Package
Is it just my body shop biyatching about this bumper.

ClassicCoachWorks is a body shop that mostly doess MB, BMW and Volvo Dealership cars. So I took my car for the fender bender repair and sent them this bumper. Ever since they started the job, guy has been biyatching about how crappy the bumper is compared to OEM. It has lines and they have to get rid of them. Job just got delayed 2 more days today, he say they have to reshoot the bumper.

I mean is it just this body shop that is complaining? May they are used to doing only OEM bumpers or is this bumper really raw compared to other after market bumpers that it need alot of extra prep work?

Bright-Red 323ci 5sp. Sports + Premium + Homemade K&N intake box. --> DIY Instructions
Also for single fanatics try My 100% Free dating service - TownsBestSingles.com
New House Tool 4 in 1 Mortgage & Tax Savings Calculator for home buyers
gokcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #662
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokcer

ClassicCoachWorks is a body shop that mostly doess MB, BMW and Volvo Dealership cars. So I took my car for the fender bender repair and sent them this bumper. Ever since they started the job, guy has been biyatching about how crappy the bumper is compared to OEM. It has lines and they have to get rid of them. Job just got delayed 2 more days today, he say they have to reshoot the bumper.

I mean is it just this body shop that is complaining? May they are used to doing only OEM bumpers or is this bumper really raw compared to other after market bumpers that it need alot of extra prep work?
well, aftermarket bumpers are rarely as good as OEM.
so yeah, theres some lines to sand down, etc.
but any body shop used to working with body kits should be able to handle it fine...

just tell the shop to shutup and deal with it
Old 07-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #663
AtodahK

My Ride: M 1.5
ordered bumper a week ago still no confirmation #......whats going on here?
AtodahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #664
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to GT werks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokcer

some bodyshop complains about anything and everything. The bodyshop we use for paint takes care of all that for us for $350. i.e. sanding off the lines, primer, and paint. They also does install for us with no problem.

all aftermarket bumper are mostly raw and needs to be reworked even the OEM bumpers or major name brands. We did Brabus, Carlsson, Hamann, ACS, and Lorinser parts and even OEM bumper. They have all needed certain extend of re-work before they can be primered. The Carlsson/Hamann were the worst because they were made of FRP and needed to be sanded and re-primered.
GT werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #665
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtodahK
ordered bumper a week ago still no confirmation #......whats going on here?
order was received 7/12 Wednesday afternoon we have only had two day to process it. However it has been shipped last Friday. We're sending out confirmation tracking at the end of day.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #666
AtodahK

My Ride: M 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT werks
order was received 7/12 Wednesday afternoon we have only had two day to process it. However it has been shipped last Friday. We're sending out confirmation tracking at the end of day.

still no confirmation #....what gives?
AtodahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #667
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

PM sent
Old 07-29-2006, 01:30 PM   #668
lordjavelox
Banned

My Ride: '02 SG M3 6SPD
Send a message via ICQ to lordjavelox Send a message via AIM to lordjavelox
not to hijack.. but, haha this same bumper that they have is on eBay for $320 + 120 shipping -- plus, that bumper looks to similar to the one GJGM3 bought. there's a pretty extensive thread about these guys on e46fanatics, id stay away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...spagenameZWDVW
lordjavelox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #669
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

PM replied.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #670
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #671
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

happy new year
Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #672
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

UPDATE:

New shipment will arrived on first week of Janunary 2007, which we are going to host a New Year Special for all of our Polypropylene M3 and CSL style bumpers. Please stay tune or PM to ask for instruction to reserved one with special pricing now!!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #673
Blitzkrieg

My Ride: is stocker than yers
sorry guys, relatively long post coming up...

first and foremost, i apologize beforehand for my laziness of not photoshopping and too much searching, but does anyone have pics of the v2 csl bumper on facelifted sedan (02+), particularly one w/ sport package/stock suspension or stock susp w/ 18s, I'd also be interested in seeing pictures of a v1 and/or m3 bumper on the same setup of a facelifted sedan... man, if i were out of school and working, i would so get one of these along w/ some pss9s, velocitymotoroing replica 19" csl, and a quattro strut bar... n maybe some turnermotorsport rear suspension stuff.. like arms and 3.46 diff n lsd. Anyways, It's cool how you GT werks guys seem to have gotten bigger w/ more product variety. I believe my friend Howard drew the logo for you guys in the beginning or something, n i believe u hooked one of my frat bros John w/ some stuff, I'll keep my hopes up for something similar =P. Btw, if i were to get the bumper from you guys w/ the paint service, are you guys also able to provide the bracket that facelifted sedans need? or maybe it's just plain simpler for me to source it myself when i take it to get it installed. I am in the 626/pasadena area, so i could pay a visit if u guys have a shop that can do installs and what not. Lastly, I'm not sure who i met one time at opium who was associated w/ GT werks, but i was there w/ howard... like maybe a yr ago, but oh wells, that's a long time ago. I hope you guys do well and keep up the good work and get better and cooler products, hope to do business w/ you guys in the near future when i have the money =).

PS: if it's not too much trouble, could i get a pm of pricing on m3, v2 and/or v1 bumper (to compare prices) all w/ paint code 400 (i believe that's the steel grey purplish looking one) and whatever else other items i need (bracket if possible) so i can make the install as painless and as plug and play as possible, thank you!

and sorry if i've wasted any of you guys' time for readin my long post and bringing back a relatively old (1 month?) thread

"You'll think you're either color blind or looking at a black & white movie"
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #674
m3lowrider

My Ride: In Progress _/_/_/
Send a message via AIM to m3lowrider
Does the trunk still have the trunk handle. I need a trunk without the trunk handle in either cf or fiberglass

***///M3 AW/IR: BBS CHs, PSS9s, RE RSMs, Powerflex RTABs, Depos, SS Race, SS X & S Pipes, CF gills and grills, V-CSL CF Diffuser, V-CSL Bumper, V-CSL Boot, V-CSL Console, LeatherZ IR, CF Emblems, 6000k Chromiums, 8000k d2s Bulbs***
m3lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #675
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
sorry guys, relatively long post coming up...

first and foremost, i apologize beforehand for my laziness of not photoshopping and too much searching, but does anyone have pics of the v2 csl bumper on facelifted sedan (02+), particularly one w/ sport package/stock suspension or stock susp w/ 18s, I'd also be interested in seeing pictures of a v1 and/or m3 bumper on the same setup of a facelifted sedan... man, if i were out of school and working, i would so get one of these along w/ some pss9s, velocitymotoroing replica 19" csl, and a quattro strut bar... n maybe some turnermotorsport rear suspension stuff.. like arms and 3.46 diff n lsd. Anyways, It's cool how you GT werks guys seem to have gotten bigger w/ more product variety. I believe my friend Howard drew the logo for you guys in the beginning or something, n i believe u hooked one of my frat bros John w/ some stuff, I'll keep my hopes up for something similar =P. Btw, if i were to get the bumper from you guys w/ the paint service, are you guys also able to provide the bracket that facelifted sedans need? or maybe it's just plain simpler for me to source it myself when i take it to get it installed. I am in the 626/pasadena area, so i could pay a visit if u guys have a shop that can do installs and what not. Lastly, I'm not sure who i met one time at opium who was associated w/ GT werks, but i was there w/ howard... like maybe a yr ago, but oh wells, that's a long time ago. I hope you guys do well and keep up the good work and get better and cooler products, hope to do business w/ you guys in the near future when i have the money =).

PS: if it's not too much trouble, could i get a pm of pricing on m3, v2 and/or v1 bumper (to compare prices) all w/ paint code 400 (i believe that's the steel grey purplish looking one) and whatever else other items i need (bracket if possible) so i can make the install as painless and as plug and play as possible, thank you!

and sorry if i've wasted any of you guys' time for readin my long post and bringing back a relatively old (1 month?) thread
yes sir, I'll PM you with the pricing for the bumpers. For the bracket, it's not a problem, we can order them for you. They are about $7 each from the dealership. If it was at Opium you have probably met Aaron. Howard and John both have my number, so if you have questions just call them up and ask for my number. We use the bodyshop on Baldwin Ave called AutoCraft. If you need to check out some bumper or trunk we can meet up there for you to check it out.

I think there are pictures of the facelifted sedan and coupe all over this thread, but not sure where it is. I've posted up the ones I can find in our new thread regarding the new bumper price for 07 here.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #676
GT werks
Past Site Sponsor

Check us out in the new thread for the 2007 pricing. feel free to pm and email us with questions.

regards

Frank@gtwerks