E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 12:27 AM   #221
mach330

My Ride: E90 AW ///M3
i'm holding off until they fix the screw and the mismatch of the trunk lights. i dont want to compromise and i have patience that they'll come out with something much better than this.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM   #222
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
I highly doubt they're going to fix the "screw" which isn't even a screw, I mean if you look close, it looks just like all the other LEDs. If they do fix it, it will take quite a while, from everything I've read it already has been a while.

If you look on MITE46's pictures. You can see there is a mount right around where this "screw" would be. Which makes me think there's a method to the madness.
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #223
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
Read the whole entire thread. Four words. What a **** f.uck.
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #224
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Hey Josh,

When do you expect your suppliers to get this all sorted out?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #225
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ACS330Ci
Hey Josh,

When do you expect your suppliers to get this all sorted out?
Well, it pretty much is sorted out. Eagle Eyes has a plan and timeline they have shared with us. We have to trust that they will meet this goal.

The manufacturer wants to release this product as quickly as possible and we want to get it into your hands as soon as possible. They have been very good about communicating with us and except for this recent delay, everything has gone reasonable well.

The confusion surrounding the other LED thread is unfortunate but we stand behind everything we have said in our thread and we have the documentaiton to back it up. When this all settles down it will be very clear who brought this product to market in a safe, ethical manner.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #226
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Cool. Thanks for taking the time to update us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks
Well, it pretty much is sorted out. Eagle Eyes has a plan and timeline they have shared with us. We have to trust that they will meet this goal.

The manufacturer wants to release this product as quickly as possible and we want to get it into your hands as soon as possible. They have been very good about communicating with us and except for this recent delay, everything has gone reasonable well.

The confusion surrounding the other LED thread is unfortunate but we stand behind everything we have said in our thread and we have the documentaiton to back it up. When this all settles down it will be very clear who brought this product to market in a safe, ethical manner.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #227
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks

Autowerks,

You already know that I am a strong critic when it comes to this LED subject.
Anyhow, I will continue to press my issues.

1) If want you are saying (waiting for DOT approval, serial number, recall, etc) then I want to commend you for taking the harder right over the easier wrong.

2) You mentioned that there are two version of the LED lights. One is for the Euro specs and one is for the US market. With regards to the LED lights, what consititute euro specs and non-euro specs? Some of us (including myself) have euro-specs LCM/LKM.

eventhough the precentage of US cars with euro-specs LCM/LKM is small I think my above question warrants an answer due to the possibility of destroying the LCM/LKM if buying an incorrect version of the LED as your claimed.

3) Based on your un-biased opinion, how does the built quality compare to a typical ebay vs oem tail lights. I am upset that vendors were quick to jump and point out all the "cool features" but neglected to mentioned some of the "flaws" (ie screw mount near the LED light bulb).

Hope to read your reply.

Thanks
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #228
Xenomanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87
Read the whole entire thread. Four words. What a **** f.uck.
That's unnecessary. Take it somewhere else, possibly off topic.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #229
Paul_88
Banned

My Ride: M3 Cabrio,Audi TTR
any words on the LED tail light for the vert ??
Paul_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #230
Xenomanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_88
Only thing I read was no LED's for Cabs. Best alternative, OE? Maybe AutoWerks will work something out for the Cabs.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #231
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
You mentioned that there are two version of the LED lights. One is for the Euro specs and one is for the US market. With regards to the LED lights, what consititute euro specs and non-euro specs? Some of us (including myself) have euro-specs LCM/LKM.
I can talk to the engineers at Eagle Eyes to see what they recommend in your situation. My guess is that you would need a Euro spec version, but I do not know that for certain. Either way, they will know the answer and we can get you squared away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Based on your un-biased opinion, how does the built quality compare to a typical ebay vs oem tail lights. I am upset that vendors were quick to jump and point out all the "cool features" but neglected to mentioned some of the "flaws" (ie screw mount near the LED light bulb).
Whoever said I had an unbiased opinion? I can't really comment on the quality versus the eBay versions. However, the main difference between ours and all others is that our version works! Eagle Eyes is also a reputable manufacturer with a lot of experience in this market. Read Brad's post earlier in this thread - he thought the quality was first rate.

I think the concern with the mounting screw will diminish when you see them on an actual car. It is not particularly noticeable. I don't see that as a flaw in the product - it is just the way it is built.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #232
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_88
If the coupe/sedan version do well enough, then the manufacturer may consider this. Right now, nothing is in the works though. Sorry. No love for the verts again.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:29 AM   #233
SARCASM
AudiFanatic

My Ride: Audi S4
I personally feel that neither one of these versions yours or the other will reach the market anytime soon. You have continually promised your customers timelines that are never met.

You said you were picking them up at SEMA. SEMA passed and still nothing. Then you promised another deadline. I say do not introduce them into the market until they are ready to ship. If they are prototype, then do not take any pre-orders because you just end up getting angry customers, who wait ridiculous amounts of time. I think it's been almost a year. I wonder how many cancelled orders you have. I doubt you will tell us, but I am sure they are high.

GOOD LUCK to the rest of you. I don't imagine waiting this long is worth it. Just my input.
SARCASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 AM   #234
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARCASM
I personally feel that neither one of these versions yours or the other will reach the market anytime soon. You have continually promised your customers timelines that are never met.

You said you were picking them up at SEMA. SEMA passed and still nothing. Then you promised another deadline. I say do not introduce them into the market until they are ready to ship. If they are prototype, then do not take any pre-orders because you just end up getting angry customers, who wait ridiculous amounts of time. I think it's been almost a year. I wonder how many cancelled orders you have. I doubt you will tell us, but I am sure they are high.

GOOD LUCK to the rest of you. I don't imagine waiting this long is worth it. Just my input.
We certainly do not deny that there have been delays - but this is a complex product and sometimes in business unforseen circumstances occur. However, I feel we have been very honest in communicating with our customers - keeping them informed up to the minute as things progress. This is why we have had very few cancellations - our customers trust us based on our reputation. I could look up the exact number but it so low I doubt you would believe me.

I can certainly understand your skepticism but these will ship.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #235
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
Do you actually have the euro light control module? Or just the light switch panel with the rear foglight button? I have wired up the rear foglamps myself. The way I see it is, replacing the light switch panel with the one from euro spec cars only adds the rear foglight button, and does nothing else to the car. The fact that you didn't change the huge black box behind the light switch panel shows that you are still infact using the US lighting system. In that case the US lights would suit my car (and your car) the most? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Again I hope to have a definite answer from Autowerks. If they need someone to test the lights for them, I don't mind doing the testing for them. I do hope to see these lights being shipped out soon, as I've been waiting for them since June.

While I'm at it, I have a question for Autowerks. I was wondering if you guys plan to produce aftermarket trunk lights that resemble the coupe LED style trunk lights (the one with the thin strip of clear for the back up light)? The only reason why I'm not getting the trunk lights along with my order is because IMHO none of them looks "correct", so i'd rather stick with my stock prefacelift trunk lights until these hit the market. Or maybe I'll have a bodyshop help me paint a set to resemble the ones on the coupe. But if Autowerks plan to produce the LED coupe style trunk lights, I'll definitely be down for a set. Attached is a picture of the trunk light in question. Thanks!

BTW my order is #18290, in case you guys need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA

2) You mentioned that there are two version of the LED lights. One is for the Euro specs and one is for the US market. With regards to the LED lights, what consititute euro specs and non-euro specs? Some of us (including myself) have euro-specs LCM/LKM.

eventhough the precentage of US cars with euro-specs LCM/LKM is small I think my above question warrants an answer due to the possibility of destroying the LCM/LKM if buying an incorrect version of the LED as your claimed.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:58 PM   #236
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Hey guys,

It's your daily update on the LED drama, but I feel we have to set the record straight on a few items posted in the other thread.

First, what you see in the other thread are PROTOTYPE units. The manufacturer knows this and the other retailer knows this. In fact, Eagle Eyes offered to buy those units back from this retailer in order to get them off the market, but he refused.

Why else would Eagle Eyes send that retailer a recall notice, why else would the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) contact that retailer notifying them that it is a $15,000 fine to distribute a recalled product?

How do I know they are prototypes? Well, the final versions work and don't need any further testing or modifications. Therefore, why is this retailer still testing the lights? Also, you can plainly see in the video the LED flicker that was present in the prototypes that has been fixed in production units (this occured on cold startups). And lastly, there is no pan of the camera directly from the dashboard to the tail lights - these units still cause a dash board fault code.

I am all for free market competitiveness but this is ridiculous. I hate to be this blunt, but I can't stand to see customers lied to in this manner. And for those of you that are frustrated by the shipping delays on this product, it is 100% because of this other retailer not complying with the recall.

As consumers, you can certainly make your own decisions on how best to spend your money. My only advice in this situation is do some homework before making that decision.

Last edited by Josh@AutoWerks; 01-03-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #237
luckysnafu

My Ride: e90 330i|87 328(m52)
I have been following both of these LED threads closely since they started. If what you said was true in your last post, will Eagle Eyes even allow the other retailer (who didn't comply with the recall) to sell production units?

I agree with you about wondering why the other retailer is testing the units so much if they are apparently already production units. I believe that if they were production units they would already be for sale with no further need to test. I commend you on your honesty and trying to get the best product to us as fast as possible.
luckysnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #238
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
After reading this thread I have to give a big to Autowerks. You guys have been very professional in answering the concerns. You were coolheaded and didn't attack people who have posted criticisms in the thread. That's the kind of vendor I like to deal with. Thanks.

Been waiting for good tails for over a year, still hopeful and waiting. Just wondering if I should wait even longer in hopes of red/clear/red (Jim said it's possible once recall business is done and they can move on to new developments).
Amoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #239
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast
Do you actually have the euro light control module? Or just the light switch panel with the rear foglight button? The fact that you didn't change the huge black box behind the light switch panel shows that you are still infact using the US lighting system.

Dude, you need to learn how to read.

I stated that I have a EURO SPEC LCM/LKM on my original post.
I didn;t mentioned anything about a lcm faceplate.

Now, where did you get that I didn't replace my LCM?

Dude, you need to stop assuming and start lecturing yourself before you make false statement as above.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #240
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Dude, you need to learn how to read.

I stated that I have a EURO SPEC LCM/LKM on my original post.
I didn;t mentioned anything about a lcm faceplate.

Now, where did you get that I didn't replace my LCM?

Dude, you need to stop assuming and start lecturing yourself before you make false statement as above.
Wow, I thought Toast was being pretty helpful in trying to answer your question. I think maybe you misinterpreted his tone. I took it as a sincere response to your issue.