E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #241
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Josh, I noticed the dash board and the no panning. It seemed fishy how they showed it and then moved away very fast.

I thought that was the main thing with these (no light out.) I didn't get it, but I get it now if he's still "testing."

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #242
xenostudio

My Ride: 330i
Hmmm. sounds a little fishy to me. What do you guys think the reason is for the other companies extensive testing is? If there is $money to be made a quick release is the most ideal for both resellers and manufacturers.
xenostudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:44 AM   #243
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
One thing I don't understand is why he hasn't replied to my question about shipping the LEDs to Maryland if he could have used the many people that were local to do the demonstration? What does CynicalWry have that we don't have? Besides a relationship.
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:28 AM   #244
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
Dude, you need to calm down. It involves a lot of work if you've infact changed the black box behind the light switch panel since it contains your mileage information. As far as I know when one talk about installing the Euro LCM, all it means is the light switch panel is replaced, the blackbox behind it remains untouched. I could be wrong as I'm no genius, so if I am I apologize in advance.

If you would've paid a little attention you'll see I have questioned whether you have replaced the light switch panel (which, when you have it removed sort of looks like a faceplate with all the buttons on it), or did you replaced the whole black box behind it.

Finally, dude, you need to stop causing tension in the LED taillight threads. Calm down, wait for the product to come to the market, and decide yourself whether you want it or not. No body is forcing you to get it. Your negative posts isn't bringing anything to the community, nor is it going to help with the production of the lights. Criticism is great, but its not when all you're trying to do is to bash. If you have beef with the vendor, PM away. I hope I have presented my POV clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Dude, you need to learn how to read.

I stated that I have a EURO SPEC LCM/LKM on my original post.
I didn;t mentioned anything about a lcm faceplate.

Now, where did you get that I didn't replace my LCM?

Dude, you need to stop assuming and start lecturing yourself before you make false statement as above.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:37 AM   #245
xenostudio

My Ride: 330i
Yeah Dude.
xenostudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #246
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324854

there is the review on the EAGLE EYES LED tails found on ebay.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #247
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast
Dude, you need to calm down. It involves a lot of work if you've infact changed the black box behind the light switch panel since it contains your mileage information. As far as I know when one talk about installing the Euro LCM, all it means is the light switch panel is replaced, the blackbox behind it remains untouched. I could be wrong as I'm no genius, so if I am I apologize in advance.

If you would've paid a little attention you'll see I have questioned whether you have replaced the light switch panel (which, when you have it removed sort of looks like a faceplate with all the buttons on it), or did you replaced the whole black box behind it.

Finally, dude, you need to stop causing tension in the LED taillight threads. Calm down, wait for the product to come to the market, and decide yourself whether you want it or not. No body is forcing you to get it. Your negative posts isn't bringing anything to the community, nor is it going to help with the production of the lights. Criticism is great, but its not when all you're trying to do is to bash. If you have beef with the vendor, PM away. I hope I have presented my POV clearly.

Dude, once again, you need to learn how to READ. Are you retarded or just stupid? I changed my LCM (I say again, I change my LCM. Again, I change my entire LCM. Yes, even the black box in the back). Do you understand now or do you want me to make it more simple for you to understand.

Based on your last two response, I am sure you are still confuse. Therefore, let me put it in a simple way for your simple mind:

"me changed the entire LCM/LKM systems."

Damn, stop assuming dude. I have a euro specs LCM. Therefore, this is why I asked the question regarding the Euro vs US specs LED tails.

Anyhow, Autowerks, with regards to the LED tails only what consitute a Euro spec car from a US spec car.

Last edited by ADA; 01-04-2006 at 09:31 PM.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #248
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
I'm sorry but did I hurt your feelings about not getting the version of your LCM right? Calling people retarded or stupid won't get you anywhere. And guess who's the one making assumptions now?

Now back on topic. I'm guessing Autowerks would not be able to answer your questions as you have a "special" car. Maybe you can email them (after all the bashings you've done in this thread) and see if you can try both versions of the lights on your car?

If you're interested in more personal attacks, feel free to PM away. But if you actually have better things to do in life, then we'll just leave it at that.

Have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Dude, once again, you need to learn how to READ. Are you retarded or just stupid? I changed my LCM (I say again, I change my LCM. Again, I change my entire LCM. Yes, even the black box in the back). Do you understand now or do you want me to make it more simple for you to understand.

Based on your last two response, I am sure you are still confuse. Therefore, let me put it in a simple way for your simple mind:

"me changed the entire LCM/LKM systems."

Damn, stop assuming dude. I have a euro specs LCM. Therefore, this is why I asked the question regarding the Euro vs US specs LED tails.

Anyhow, Autowerks, with regards to the LED tails only what consitute a Euro spec car from a US spec car.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:46 AM   #249
schutney

My Ride: 03 325i
i currently have type 3 lights
can i buy type 4 lights will they fit
schutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:30 AM   #250
Pmmeke
modder fokker

My Ride: E46/E92M3/E60 525d
Send a message via ICQ to Pmmeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp98m3
All deliveries to customers will be final production pieces.

The entire reason that there is a recall is that there are vendors here and on ebay that were stating that they had product to sell. The items they had or thought they could get were all pre-production samples that were never meant to be sold to customers.

Of course the products that will be delivered to customers will be production units in sealed factory boxes. The initial first shipment will be shipped direct to customers from the factory to allow people to obtain them before Christmas. Subsequent shipments will likely be sent to distributors and retailers for resale.

So the answer is YES, the product delivered to customers will all be production units. We are attempting to remove all of the beta units from circulation to protect consumers.
I am reading the wrong tread as here is written more information.
Questions again: My order is prepayed with autowerkz. I payed full retail. I have read about free shipping because we have to waith very long but i already payed for shipping so i gues thats not for me.

I have a european car. Will i receive my order from the factory itself who will do the shipping or will i receive them from jim?

When will i have my led lights? I have move up all my appointments but i need them 3O januari to have in my hands or i am ****ed with my schedual and then if i dont have them in my hands on 3O januari a lot of people will be mad at me because i have things planned with my car and cant execute. So will i have them 3O januari in my hands? Can you confirm?
Pmmeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #251
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
OK......

1: There should have not been any orders taken for these tail lights untill they were in the sellers hands in the first place....none of this drama would have taken place...and you wouldnt have lost any customers.

2:This needs to be rewritten:
Availaility: Available Now for delivery in 10-15 days due to high demand
Thats false advertisement....elegal...last time I checked

3:Those who order these months in advanced should not only get free shipping but also something else for free....autowerks.com stickers...i dont know...anything!

This wait is ridicules........yeah its needs to be perfect cause of safety concerns....but this perfection has gone to long and the excuses are getting boring.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #252
Pmmeke
modder fokker

My Ride: E46/E92M3/E60 525d
Send a message via ICQ to Pmmeke
bump
Pmmeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #253
Custom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmmeke
bump
Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #254
Nuori
_

It's the weekend. Relax fellas. If there was big news, they'd surely bring it.

No news is good news.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #255
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i
It's the weekend. Relax fellas. If there was big news, they'd surely bring it.

No news is good news.
Not in this situation it surely isn't. I see you are the autowerkz VVh0re now . This is getting out of hand. I know autowerks isn't the one producing the taillights but they have just been pushing back the delivery date FURTHER AND FURTHER AND FURTHER. They should have never even promised to have them at a certain time at all. None of this BS would have happened. Im sure they wanted to take early orders on them to maximize their profits....
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #256
Nuori
_

Right. I am an AutoWerks whore. It was only a matter of time before someone thought they could flame someone for making a perfectly reasonable post unrelated to a sponsorship. Anyway, whatever makes you feel better.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #257
jEEliX

No, I was just pointing out that no news is definetely not good news in this situation. You, on the otherhand seem to think it is for some reason? Which I'm sure is totally unrelated to your sponsorship with them....
The title of this thread is even rediculous. They have NOT ARRIVED, otherwise they would be shipping them out!

Hell I'd rather have them inform us of the reason the shipment continues to be delayed soo much, rather than keeping us in the dark. Thus no news doesn't necessarily = goodnews.

The autowerkz ***** comment was a joke, see the wink?

Last edited by jEEliX; 01-08-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #258
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
jEEliX, do you really think AutoWerks wants to hold on to these and not make any money off of the LEDs? There has to be some sort of a method to the madness.
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #259
Custom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks
Another update:

The meeting went well and Eagle Eyes estimates that the first production units will ship on January 10th. We have 100 units for the first run so it will more than cover the current orders.

Maybe tomorrow well have some kind of update on this thread since there shipping out Tuesday the 10th....
Old 01-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #260
jEEliX

I just think that it was wrong of them to promise a shipment date time after time after time and never deliver! I know they are a business and they want to make money. I just feel it was unethical of them to promise any shipment dates that they couldnt make. It is now saying delivery 10-15 days due to high demand, has anyone recieved them yet? Not that I am aware of.