E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #261
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jEEliX
I just think that it was wrong of them to promise a shipment date time after time after time and never deliver! I know they are a business and they want to make money. I just feel it was unethical of them to promise any shipment dates that they couldnt make. It is now saying delivery 10-15 days due to high demand, has anyone recieved them yet? Not that I am aware of.
I don't think AutoWerks controls whether they ship or not. I think that's up to the manufacturer. I understand the workings of business, and I think AutoWerks is doing their best to keep the fanatics updated. Delays happen, I doubt it's AutoWerks' fault, they might be going on what the manufacturer says.
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #262
myker*

My Ride: Makes me broke.
Send a message via AIM to myker*
yeah but I feel bad for pmmeke because hes been waiting for a Lonnnnnnnnng time. Since the beginning of the thread by hyptoniq.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #263
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomanon
I don't think AutoWerks controls whether they ship or not. I think that's up to the manufacturer. I understand the workings of business, and I think AutoWerks is doing their best to keep the fanatics updated. Delays happen, I doubt it's AutoWerks' fault, they might be going on what the manufacturer says.
They do have control over there website though...and there website says "Available Now for delivery in 10-15 days due to high demand."
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #264
Xenomanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom3
They do have control over there website though...and there website says "Available Now for delivery in 10-15 days due to high demand."
I do agree they need to change that. I'm sure when they were under the impression that the LEDs were actually going to ship, they put that up. But yes, you're right, take it down.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #265
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
Exactly my point. That is false advertising and they've been doing it all along. Dont promise anything except when you have them in your hand and are shipping them out!
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #266
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomanon
I do agree they need to change that. I'm sure when they were under the impression that the LEDs were actually going to ship, they put that up. But yes, you're right, take it down.
Hah, thats all Im saying.. Do you know how many times they have changed when it says they are going to ship? A LOT!
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #267
Xenomanon

From what I've read, a lot. But is it AutoWerks fault? I highly doubt it, as I've said before, they seem like they're doing their best to keep everyone updated.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #268
Custom3

Some of us like pmmeke and myself and many others have been waiting for these lights since day one...
I remember when I first place my order back in June...the website clearly said available June 15...then when the day came by they would update the site and change it to another week..lets say June 25....this went on and on for months....
Now Im sure if I would have placed my order 2 weeks a ago I wouldnt be this upset...but when you waited soooooooooo long and you keep getting the same runaround you tend to get a little upset...and thats just how I feel and Im sure many others feel the same way.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #269
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
It is half at fault.

They are at fault for believing everything that JIM POWELL promise and tells them.

It is not their fault because there is a delay in the shipment. Jim Powell keeps on making broken promises after another.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #270
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
I am SO glad I didnt go in on the pre-order. I would love to get LED tails, but Im going to wait until people actually start posting on here that they are recieving the units and that they are a quality product before putting in my order!
Lemonsqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #271
Pmmeke
modder fokker

My Ride: E46/E92M3/E60 525d
Send a message via ICQ to Pmmeke
Make some noise. Thats the general rule. If people make noise, you get answers.
Pmmeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #272
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Exclamation

OK, we have an official update from Eagle Eyes.

They have made the decision to wait for full DOT certification before releasing any E46 LEDs. Most companies self-certify, which means they do their own testing to ensure that they meet published DOT guidelines and regulations. However, Eagle Eyes has decided to have DOT certify this product themselves, which requires sending the product into DOT and requires more time.

This is a good decision for the customer because it ensures the highest quality and legality. However it does cause delays. This is a decision that is entirely out of our hands and is a decision that Eagle Eyes made very late in the game due to a variety of factors. They realize that this will cost them customers but they feel that in the long run this is the best course to follow. Unfortunately, we are left to deal with the frustration in the market place.

I absolutely realize the level of frustration surrounding this product. We feel exactly the same way - we kept getting told by the manufacturer that they will absolutely ship on a particular date, and it doesn't happen. And here we are again.

Eagle Eyes expects DOT certification by early March. Yes, I said March. If there is any possible way to get them released sooner, we will do that. For those customers who have placed orders, you will still receive free shipping on your LEDs. We will also throw in a set of Xenergie Headlight Bulbs OR Xenergie Interior Xenons for your patience. Just email or PM us your order number and what type of bulbs you need.

If you need to cancel your order we understand, but we cannot provide the free shipping if you place your order again later.

Just like BMW and most other companies out there, we take pre-orders on popular products. Obviously, when we first started taking these orders we never dreamed the delays would be this long, but unfortunately things have occurred that are out of our hands and Eagle Eyes has the final say in these matters.

We sincerely hope you understand.

Our first priority is to service our customers, so if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. I hope you can each respect this situation by keeping your comments constructive - we are working very hard to get this product on the market. If you have specific concerns about your order, please call or PM us.

We have also worked very hard to keep you informed literally up to the minute as events unfold. We will continue to do so.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #273
Custom3

Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #274
xenostudio

My Ride: 330i
so now realisticly looking like April on these. 3 more months, thats probably going to hurt business. What are our other options on picking these up sooner?
xenostudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #275
///ToPaZiaN_E46

My Ride: 3 series
Send a message via AIM to ///ToPaZiaN_E46
Ebay the exact same production ones $280 + shipping.

I'm thinking of going this route:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...28540526QQrdZ1

Last edited by ///ToPaZiaN_E46; 01-09-2006 at 09:38 PM.
///ToPaZiaN_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #276
DarXide

My Ride: Slammed on F2's
Send a message via AIM to DarXide Send a message via MSN to DarXide
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #277
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ToPaZiaN_E46
Ebay the exact same production ones $280 + shipping.

I'm thinking of going this route:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...28540526QQrdZ1
Just so you know the eBay versions are Euro spec. We already bought a pair just to be sure.

They are real Eagle Eyes units, but the Euro Spec units throw a fault code on US cars and are not covered by the manufacturer warranty if used on a US spec car.

Eagle Eyes will not release US Spec units to anyone, period (unitil full DOT approval). Also, any Euro Spec units they do sell require the purchaser to sign an agreement that they will not be sold in the US. Doesn't mean that won't happen, it just shows how serious Eagle Eyes is about keeping Euro Spec units off US cars. They don't want a warranty nightmare.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #278
freshprince2421

My Ride: 325ci
Thumbs down

looks like they jacked MITE's picture
Old 01-10-2006, 01:43 AM   #279
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshprince2421
looks like they jacked MITE's picture
Nope. They gave him $10 for it.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 AM   #280
Pmmeke
modder fokker

My Ride: E46/E92M3/E60 525d
Send a message via ICQ to Pmmeke
I just emailed you a request to get my money back. I hope i dont have to waith to long to get it back.........
Pmmeke is offline   Reply With Quote