E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 AM   #281
Pmmeke
modder fokker

My Ride: E46/E92M3/E60 525d
Send a message via ICQ to Pmmeke
I emailed to josh@autowerks.com as i never got a reply to my pm i send to josh here on fanatics. I sended a second mail including my international iban bank number so they can send the money back with great speed. I also gave the
my pay pal adres as a second option if a international wire is not possibel for some reason. Just to be safe that there is no exuse to send back the money.

I respect eagle eyes decesion to full test dot approve the lights but the time line doesnt comply with my needs. My plannes are ****ed. My ice system needs to be re installed.

So to compensate for all this delay please send my money back soon.
I am very curious if i will get it back soon. Waiting another month or more for my money to return to Europe will only add to my frustration.
Pmmeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #282
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmmeke
I emailed to josh@autowerks.com as i never got a reply to my pm i send to josh here on fanatics. I sended a second mail including my international iban bank number so they can send the money back with great speed. I also gave the
my pay pal adres as a second option if a international wire is not possibel for some reason. Just to be safe that there is no exuse to send back the money.

I respect eagle eyes decesion to full test dot approve the lights but the time line doesnt comply with my needs. My plannes are ****ed. My ice system needs to be re installed.

So to compensate for all this delay please send my money back soon.
I am very curious if i will get it back soon. Waiting another month or more for my money to return to Europe will only add to my frustration.
Pmmeke,

Last PM I recieved from you was on 01/05, haven't received one since then. Also, email address is jjohnson@autowerks.com so I never received your email.

I just sent you a PM today, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Thanks.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #283
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
Euro spec and US spec, what are the exact differences cause i cant see any?

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #284
Pmmeke
modder fokker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks
Pmmeke,

Last PM I recieved from you was on 01/05, haven't received one since then. Also, email address is jjohnson@autowerks.com so I never received your email.

I just sent you a PM today, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Thanks.
Yes somewhat confuged about the nick name with a @ in it on these forums. I looked like your email adres. But ok everything should be ok now.

Thanks for pay palling me the money back. I will check if its ok.

This is realy the first time i cancelled any order in my life but i am on a deadline. I am not a normal guy who drives a car. I have deadline to catch, shoots to do, appointments are made, cancelling my stuff is a small disaster. Thanks for resending my money back soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #285
Pmmeke
modder fokker

my pay pall account has the money. Thanks autowerks!!!!!
If things are ok i speak out to
Old 01-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #286
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmmeke
If things are ok i speak out to

jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #287
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jEEliX
He posts when things are ok too. Not just to complain.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #288
invid

My Ride: is better than urs
If i get the euro spec off ebay can I have my dealer fix the lil problems with it?
invid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #289
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
There offering free shipping and free bulbs for something thats not even there fault...Im hanging on till the end until Eagle Eyes decided if they are or arent going to release these lights...
Im sure it will be worth the wait.....
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #290
jEEliX

Why wouldnt they release the lights? They are going through the testing right now to get them certified...
Old 01-16-2006, 01:09 AM   #291
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Just a post to let you know we are still on track with everything.

I also wanted to answer a few questions that have come up over the past week:

Is Eagle Eyes still testing the product?
No, testing is done. The US spec lights work on the US cars and the Euro Spec units work on the Euro cars. We are now waiting for DOT certification to be completed on the US spec units. And contrary to what you may hear, we were the first to have a working set of US Spec lights on a US car. The other retailer can certainly claim to be the first to have a jury rigged Euro spec set work on a US car

Why is AutoWerks the only one able to sell US Spec units?
Actually, you can buy your LEDs from any retailer who decides to carry them. We are simply the sole distributor initially for Eagle Eyes. This often happens when a manufacturer wants to launch a new product but they don't have any marketing presence in the country. As a manufacturer Eagle Eyes does not want to take individual orders from each retailer on this board. They need to select someone to fill that role. It is not designed to keep prices high or any other artificial market manipulation. If you wish to buy your units from another retailer, you can absolutely do that.

Why am I seeing other units being advertised on eBay and other retailers?
These are Eagle Eyes units, but they are Euro spec, which already has limited release since it received its E-Mark certification (Euro version of DOT basically). The eBay version is unmodified and will throw fault codes (we bought a set just to be sure). Other retailers are trying to modify the Euro versions to work on US cars for reasons that baffle me since a working US version has already been developed.

Why is Eagle Eyes meeting with another retailer this week when you guys are the main distributor?
They aren't. This comes straight from the VP of Eagle Eyes. Why someone would make this claim again baffles me.

We will continue to provide regular updates. However, at this point most of the updates will not be too dramatic other than saying we are still on schedule. It is basically a matter of waiting for the DOT processing to complete and you know how fast many of these government agencies move.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #292
invid

My Ride: is better than urs
I would like a refund please pm me Josh.
invid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #293
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by invid
I would like a refund please pm me Josh.
PM Sent
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #294
Custom3

Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #295
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Everything is still on track as of today. It is the Chinese New Year so nothing is happening on their end until February 6th.

As soon as we get any new news, you guys will be the first to know!

Last edited by Josh@AutoWerks; 02-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #296
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom3
Custom3,

First, great little clip. Second, the painted red headlight trim, angel eyes, and the red emblem=perfection.....well done!!

To Autowerks, please please with a cherry on top........bring us the quan......LED's.......been waiting for a long time for these and you don't even have my money yet. You almost got me on the Dec 16th date...I almost pushed the button....lol.....
FTLAUDM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #297
Custom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3
Custom3,

First, great little clip. Second, the painted red headlight trim, angel eyes, and the red emblem=perfection.....well done!!
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #298
jEEliX

It is the 6th, whats up? When are they shipping?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #299
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
They aren't DOT approved just yet.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #300
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEEliX
It is the 6th, whats up? When are they shipping?
Hold your horses - we never said anything about them shipping on the the 6th!

As far as we know everything is progressing as it should for the DOT certification process.

No news is good news right now.