E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #61
eg6turbo

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp98m3
Please see my other post.

ALL, I mean ALL production units entering this continent will come through Apexcone and Autowerks. You are running around in a circle looking for a fight that doesn't exist. If you thinnk I'm not telling the truth, fine. Buy wherever you please. It really doesn't matter to me and probably not Autowerks. Because all of them from whatever source will have to be acquired from us one way or another. You are shadow boxing. You fight but there's nothing there.
this answer basically means you wont know for a fact they are final or pre-production...but with like anything else you buy, whats real and whats fake anyways??...most things are replicas and if your willing to cut corners regarding price, then you get what you pay for...now if there's ANY doubt in my mind that these could cause a potential FIRE in my car, then im not getting period even after all the good reviews...

UUC M5 Clutch, UUC Flywheel, UUC EVO3 SSK, H&R Race Springs, VIS CF Hood and Trunk, Arqray Replica Addon
eg6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #62
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
^^^^^ Ditto

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #63
jsp98m3

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jsp98m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg6turbo
this answer basically means you wont know for a fact they are final or pre-production...but with like anything else you buy, whats real and whats fake anyways??...most things are replicas and if your willing to cut corners regarding price, then you get what you pay for...now if there's ANY doubt in my mind that these could cause a potential FIRE in my car, then im not getting period even after all the good reviews...
No, it means that I know all units in the country now are pre-production. And all of them shipping on or after 12/16 will be production units. All remaining samples here or in Taiwan are being gathered up the best we can to make sure there are no problems. The factory has admitted a mistake in sending out the display samples. We would like to gt those returned since they have various known issues and never underwent any form of QC testing at all.

That is all this means.

Homepage- DDM Tuning l Phone- (858) 633-2020 l Email- techsupport@ddmtuning.com
jsp98m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #64
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Alright Jim. I hope and pray to Allah himself that the tail lights I am buying is going to be produced on or after 12/16/2005.

let's end this debate.

Quote:

1 ...[there is no problem] All of them [LED lights] being sold will eventually
be delivered off one of my POs to the factory....

2 ....Autowerks will post pictures of production units when they arrive in
this country. At that time consumers can look at those pictures and what
they have in-hand. If its not the same as far as stickers and
markings, I suggest that the consumer consider getting an exchange for a
production set.

3 ....All the rest of this is really quite funny. I will sell all of the
lights in one form or another to the distribution channel
. There are no
other sources....

Originally posted and deleted by Jim Powell. I will summarize

1) There is really no problem at all because all LED lights will come from the same factory

2) Even though the safey risk is very high there is no "sure sure tails" of identify a pre and final production ligh. Just compare the pictures. Don't worry too much about the internal wiring and water/fire concerns as I mentioned before.

3) I am laughing because I am the only one that is distrubing the lights. therefore, I am going to make a huge profit.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #65
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Alright Jim. Since you are always preaching about "taking care and protecting your customers" then I think the following questions warrant some answers.

It is without a doubt that there are numerous version of the LEDs lights that being sold. They are starting to pop up everywhere from ebay to various e46fanatics vendor/sponors.

As a CONSUMER or a protential customer, how do I protect myself from buying a "pre-production" light? Since there are so many source/vendors the room for "error" is very possible.

Please don't give me that "if you buy from "autowerks" you should be good to go. There is just too many room for error as I stated. Even if we buy from autowerks, how can we tell if our tailights are the final release version?

Are there any definate marking or inspection stamps to alert us that we are buying a DOT approved and a UHL safety approved tail lights?

You made several post regarding your recall because you claim you are concerned about out safety. If your intentions are indeed true than my question warrant an answer.
ADA -

I can respect your concern over the confusion that has surrounded this product. E46 LED tail lights are in high demand and people are getting impatient, which I can understand.

The best analogy I can think of is when BMW releases a new vehicle, the E90 for example. The only authorized sellers of a new E90 are licensed BMW dealerships, right? When you buy from the dealership, you know it has the stamp of approval from the factory (BMW) and that you are getting a genuine BMW, fully developed for sale to the public.

But, you know BMW has produced many development cars along the way that are never intended to reach the public. It would be irresponsible for BMW to sell these cars and they do not do that. This would certainly be a liability issue for them and what customer would want to buy a pre-production car? Could BMW sell these cars and make a few bucks? Sure, but they would risk their reputation by doing that.

Now let's say someone managed to get their hands on a preproduction vehicle, and started advertising that they were selling new E90's at a lower cost than the dealer. Don't you think BMW would react very strongly and swiftly to prevent this from happening? Wouldn't they have a right to protect their investment, protect themselves from the resulting liability issues, protect the quality of their brand? Of course they have this right. In this situation, wouldn't you be grateful that BMW expended the time and resources to make sure you did not accidentally buy an inferior product? I would personally be upset if BMW did not do something in this situation.

That is exactly what is going on here. This is a very straightforward situation that unfortunately repeats itself all to often in today's business world. That is why we have consumer protection laws that allow companies to take action against those who would choose to cause harm to the market. That is why we have strict laws surrounding recalls and laws governing the actions of all retailers/distributors in these circumstances.

These laws are here to protect each of us and help ensure that we get quality product - that we get what we pay for.

There are no conspiracies here, no ulterior motives. I think most can see what has been posted on these forums and draw their own conclusions without much more editorial from persons not directly involved in the business end of this situation.

Bottom line is, EVERY tail light sold through AutoWerks, retail and wholesale, will be final production units. There is no chance of the pre-production test units being shipped to anyone.

I sincerely hope that this helps clarify the situation for many of you. You are always welcome to call us at 800.221.2262 and will will gladly discuss any details we have not covered on the forums.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #66
Topazblue3

My Ride: E46
Any pictures installed on the car yet?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #67
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks
ADA -

I can respect your concern over the confusion that has surrounded this product. E46 LED tail lights are in high demand and people are getting impatient, which I can understand.

The best analogy I can think of is when BMW releases a new vehicle, the E90 for example. The only authorized sellers of a new E90 are licensed BMW dealerships, right? When you buy from the dealership, you know it has the stamp of approval from the factory (BMW) and that you are getting a genuine BMW, fully developed for sale to the public.

But, you know BMW has produced many development cars along the way that are never intended to reach the public. It would be irresponsible for BMW to sell these cars and they do not do that. This would certainly be a liability issue for them and what customer would want to buy a pre-production car? Could BMW sell these cars and make a few bucks? Sure, but they would risk their reputation by doing that.

Now let's say someone managed to get their hands on a preproduction vehicle, and started advertising that they were selling new E90's at a lower cost than the dealer. Don't you think BMW would react very strongly and swiftly to prevent this from happening? Wouldn't they have a right to protect their investment, protect themselves from the resulting liability issues, protect the quality of their brand? Of course they have this right. In this situation, wouldn't you be grateful that BMW expended the time and resources to make sure you did not accidentally buy an inferior product? I would personally be upset if BMW did not do something in this situation.

That is exactly what is going on here. This is a very straightforward situation that unfortunately repeats itself all to often in today's business world. That is why we have consumer protection laws that allow companies to take action against those who would choose to cause harm to the market. That is why we have strict laws surrounding recalls and laws governing the actions of all retailers/distributors in these circumstances.

These laws are here to protect each of us and help ensure that we get quality product - that we get what we pay for.

There are no conspiracies here, no ulterior motives. I think most can see what has been posted on these forums and draw their own conclusions without much more editorial from persons not directly involved in the business end of this situation.

Bottom line is, EVERY tail light sold through AutoWerks, retail and wholesale, will be final production units. There is no chance of the pre-production test units being shipped to anyone.

I sincerely hope that this helps clarify the situation for many of you. You are always welcome to call us at 800.221.2262 and will will gladly discuss any details we have not covered on the forums.

Thats good to know!!
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #68
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazblue3
Any pictures installed on the car yet?
Topazblue3,

After the latest manufacturer recall of all the prototype tail lights, we had to send the one set we had here back to the manufacturer. We will have pics of the tail lights on a car as soon as the first set of final production units arrive.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #69
Topazblue3

My Ride: E46
Thanks, keep us updated.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #70
kyle808

My Ride: 00 328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks
Topazblue3,

After the latest manufacturer recall of all the prototype tail lights, we had to send the one set we had here back to the manufacturer. We will have pics of the tail lights on a car as soon as the first set of final production units arrive.
Please post some side by side shots of your LEDS vs OEM LEDs too? What is the light output compared to OEMs? thanks.

"I'm gonna die! Jesus, Allah, Buddha - I love you all!
-Homer Simpson
kyle808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:17 AM   #71
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle808
Please post some side by side shots of your LEDS vs OEM LEDs too? What is the light output compared to OEMs? thanks.
word x10000
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #72
vic

My Ride: 02 M3, 00 M5, 05mini
Any idea when a Vert version will be available?
Old 12-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #73
Xenomanon

My Ride: E46 Soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
word x10000
Xenomanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #74
mell1n
hi

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
just to clarify, even '00 models with the old lcms that don't work with the oem led tails are still plug and play?

-thanks
mell1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #75
jsp98m3

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jsp98m3
I tested the sedan models on a 2000 328i as well as others.

Homepage- DDM Tuning l Phone- (858) 633-2020 l Email- techsupport@ddmtuning.com
jsp98m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #76
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Any pics of them installed yet? Inside and out?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #77
Echo3

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
I tested the sedan models on a 2000 328i as well as others.
Hey Jim, how bright are these compared to the OEM LED's? Thanks!
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:27 AM   #78
Lugnut2683

My Ride: Lotus Elise
Send a message via AIM to Lugnut2683
Still waiting for pics of these installed on a car! There are a lot of members anxiously waiting QUALITY LED replicas...

DIY Garage Build (Updated November 18, 2009):

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297607
Lugnut2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #79
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
oh god....i cant wait....im crossing out the days on my calender waiting for these bad boys to arrive.....pethatic isnt it....
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #80
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Do you guys not have a car or what? I live 5 mins away from you and would be happy to take pics of them on the car.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote