E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #81
Echo3

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i
Do you guys not have a car or what? I live 5 mins away from you and would be happy to take pics of them on the car.
They said the ones they had to post the pics of were only the prototypes, and that they wont be able to till they get the final product in.
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #82
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Once I get my lights ill be posting pics the same day and a little review for you guys.....Im #6 on autowerks.com backorder list..i was told ill be getting them before christmas..
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #83
DarXide

My Ride: Slammed on F2's
Send a message via AIM to DarXide Send a message via MSN to DarXide
People dont be skeptical about this product..
Im sure this product is top notch coming from Apexcone.
Dont be fooled by pre-production units that are being sold by vendors not related to Apexcone.

Spoke with Josh @ Autowerks on the phone today and he is a great Guy to deal with...

I would recommend going thru Autowerks.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #84
GarrettF
needs a new sig...

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to GarrettF
Pics
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #85
CNi2i

My Ride: '09 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow ZHP
People dont be skeptical about this product..
Im sure this product is top notch coming from Apexcone.
Dont be fooled by pre-production units that are being sold by vendors not related to Apexcone.

Spoke with Josh @ Autowerks on the phone today and he is a great Guy to deal with...

I would recommend going thru Autowerks.
I haven't received mine yet...but I have to agree that Josh does seem like a very nice guy. I have spoken to him on several occasions, and he was more than willing to answer all my questions. IMO, I think autowerks have tried their best to produce a quality product. Sure, these were promised months ago, BUT I am definitely glad they waited until a quality product was generated before selling to the public.
CNi2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #86
DarXide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNi2i
I haven't received mine yet...but I have to agree that Josh does seem like a very nice guy. I have spoken to him on several occasions, and he was more than willing to answer all my questions. IMO, I think autowerks have tried their best to produce a quality product. Sure, these were promised months ago, BUT I am definitely glad they waited until a quality product was generated before selling to the public.
That's how it should be. I wouldn't want my LED's to flicker like pre-production Tails.

I rather get it from the source, that way I know I'm getting the fully tested and completed Tails.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #87
323iT

My Ride: AG 323i
Send a message via AIM to 323iT
ordered mines...
cant wait
Old 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #88
big pimp

My Ride: 02 330Ci
ordered mine also.

josh took the time and manners to come onto MSN and chat to me here in northern irelland, and i cannot wait to get mine over.

as soon as i have, i'll fire up a couple of pics
big pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #89
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by big pimp
ordered mine also.

josh took the time and manners to come onto MSN and chat to me here in northern irelland, and i cannot wait to get mine over.

as soon as i have, i'll fire up a couple of pics
It was my pleasure to help you out. Just let me know if you need any other assistance.

Josh
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #90
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
I want to clear a few things up about this product that we are getting a lot of questions on.

If anyone doubts the facts as stated, please feel free to verify any and all details with the manufacturer: Eagle Eyes at 886-2-2763-5900-1 and ask for Kevin Lin.

Specifically, there is another thread claiming to have Eagle Eye E46 LEDs for sale and as the exclusive US distributor of this product, we need to make a few things absolutely clear:

1. There are no production versions of this light available anywhere right now. How do I know this? Because AutoWerks has already purchased the first entire production run, which has not even shipped yet.

2. All lights you have seen in pictures and videos in this thread and any other thread are development PROTOTYPE units. They are not approved for retail sale and there has been a manufacturer recall for these units (see attachment). It would be highly irresponsible for any retailer to sell these units. There are significant safety issues associated with their use which includes potential damage to your vehicle.

3. If you buy a prototype unit, it will not be under manufacturer warranty.

4. The product in the other thread does not work properly. Did anyone see a clear image of the dash light failure indicator? Neither did I.

5. Our testing took much longer than anticipated, but our units work.

AutoWerks has been in business since 2000 and has developed a strong reputation of customer service and quality products. This situation is a first for us in dealing with a new product where another retailer is basically trying to get around legal contracts, sell recalled merchandise and place his customers at risk.

However, I encourage each of you to be your own consumer advocates. Call us if you have any questions, call Eagle Eye if you don't believe us.

The last thing the manufacturer or AutoWerks wants is for faulty units to reach the market. Please understand that this post is us trying to protect our investment and our customers.

The good news: we will have more pictures in the next couple of days! Stay tuned!!

(click image to enlarge)

Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #91
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Thanks for the heads up. Matt still continues to tell me how Jim made this whole "recall" up and to damage his business and sales even yesterday. Finally some hard questions have been sincerely addressed. Good job AutoWerks!

I've lost all credibility in Matt and his shady practices and will no longer look twice at them, period.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #92
DarXide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i
Thanks for the heads up. Matt still continues to tell me how Jim made this whole "recall" up and to damage his business and sales even yesterday. Finally some hard questions have been sincerely addressed. Good job AutoWerks!

I've lost all credibility in Matt and his shady practices and will no longer look twice at them, period.
I will have to agree..
Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #93
jsp98m3

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jsp98m3
Any Taiwanese readers want to call and check the facts directly? Genuinely, I encourage you to do so. Kevin will stop answering the phone if he gets too many calls.

Please be courteous of Kevin's time if you call. He is the #3 person in management at Eagle Eyes and is pretty busy. But I know he would also like to have this put to rest. Kevin speaks moderate English so I encourage only native Taiwanese to call. He speaks Mandarin as well as the local dialect.

Jim

Homepage- DDM Tuning l Phone- (858) 633-2020 l Email- techsupport@ddmtuning.com
jsp98m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 PM   #94
CNi2i

My Ride: '09 335i
Man,
There is so much talk and speculation flying around about these new LED taillights! I hope that when we finally receive these taillights from Autowerks sometime next week (finger crossed) that this topic can come to rest. Lets just wait until these taillights are actually installed on our cars before we past anymore judgement about these taillights (whether positive or negative).
CNi2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #95
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
^^^^ agreed. I'm really looking foward to seeing the result of all this mess.

-Bimmabwoy

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #96
DanteArizona

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
At AA online....

When ordering these LEDs for the '05 Sedan....

1) These are plug and play?
2) Which "type" (i.e. "type 4" or "type ?") of Trunk light do I need? Are these LED as well?
3) These are Red/White with no alignment issues to the trunk lights?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #97
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteArizona
At AA online....

When ordering these LEDs for the '05 Sedan....

1) These are plug and play?
2) Which "type" (i.e. "type 4" or "type ?") of Trunk light do I need? Are these LED as well?
3) These are Red/White with no alignment issues to the trunk lights?
1) These are plug & play.
2) We will have pictures of all the inner trunk lenses shortly on our website.
3) The LED Tail Lights are an OEM fit and finish. So yes, there wont be any alignment issues.

PS. Whats AA online?
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #98
Cobra

My Ride: '00 328i & '06 R6S
sweet
Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #99
DarXide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@AutoWerks
1) These are plug & play.
2) We will have pictures of all the inner trunk lenses shortly on our website.
3) The LED Tail Lights are an OEM fit and finish. So yes, there wont be any alignment issues.

PS. Whats AA online?
Are the trunk lights OEM coupe trunk lights or OEM sedan trunk lights (the ones that come with the set of OEM clears)?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #100
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow ZHP
Are the trunk lights OEM coupe trunk lights or OEM sedan trunk lights (the ones that come with the set of OEM clears)?

Thanks
We're still working on the trunk lenses. We'll keep you posted.
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote